Alice In Wonderland (2010) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Alice In Wonderland (live)
Price: £16.99

11216732-1434352386175079.jpg

11216732-4954352386021554.jpg

11216732-1144352385863007.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad but they could have gone with the other movie posters with Alice on them, at least on the back, the front poster artwork has been used a lot already on standard releases.

The price tag tells me this won't be embossed. But it will be gloss.
. . . and other Disneys such as the slightly cheaper "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" has 'bossing as well as the "Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2 & 3" quite a bit cheaper @GBP 12.99 each if I remember correctly and there must be others . . .
This one is puzzling though and you could well be right as without the framing border it could be another "John Carter" - i.e. glossy and with a flat front (and in a "2 for 18 quid" promotion at some point . . . ;)).

Last edited:
there is nothing that would make sense to do either
Got to agree with you on that point but ONLY if the mock-up is accurate and there is no framing border . . .

However, looks like a lovely steelbook and a worthy companion to the three very smart U.K. slipcover editions already out there.

Reactions: Ricker
No need for a border if area is only debossed
A border is only needed if embossed

The border can be small area and be a square or retangular or a circle or a mix

A full border on a Steelbook is really only used when a title is embossed or large areas of the Steelbook embossed

Look at some of the recent Disney Steelbooks they used circle borders to do the embossing and debossing and did not need the usual full border frame

Found this film incredibly boring. 3 times I've sat down to watch it and 3 times I've turned it off for one reason or another. Which isn't like me at all.

Just can't seem to finish it....

Found this film incredibly boring. 3 times I've sat down to watch it and 3 times I've turned it off for one reason or another. Which isn't like me at all.

Just can't seem to finish it....

It's definitely a marmite film, fair few of my friends detest it.

I'm not Burtons biggest fan, I grew tired of his kiddie goth style years ago, but did enjoy Sleepy Hollow, Dark Shadows and this, although more for the visuals and 3D on Alice.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Ordered with ZVC5 (ZAVWEL54 sadly expired on the 1/1/16 at 23:59).

Not watched the film yet but as I already own the slipcover Amaray editions it would be churlish not to buy this to keep them company.

It also looks like a very nice, vibrant and colourful steelbook and even if it ends up without any 'bossing on the front like "John Carter" it will be a far superior product by comparison IMO.

Strange that when you log on to Zavvi's site in the usual way and look through the pages of available steelbooks that this one is buried halfway down the penultimate page and not up there on page one . . .

Last edited: