Alien - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: April 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders go live on February 4)
Price: £24.99

alien_4k_steel_1-500x650.jpg

alien_4k_steel_2.jpg
alien_4k_steel_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy pass for me. I want @AcIDc0r3's steel in my collection

@C.C. 95 Another water splash artwork. :LOL:
Yeah. This does nothing for me. The art should reflect the movie inside. And I don't remember Alien taking place in a sterile steel laboratory with steel eggs.
I wonder if this is the same artist that had the broken glass fetish on the Die Hard releases?
824E792A-5E00-43EB-AEF5-0134C1D5EC7C.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlienKing
Well early concepts for the end of The Predator had Ripley climbing out the pod classed as the “Predator killer” :OMG:

Anything is possible.

It had so much potential, and entire story line filmed and binned, the final third entirely reshot....
It's the Darth Vader/Emperor paradox. You want to up the ante in your story...But by introducing something new, you effectively reduce one of the most badass characters in movie history to just a low level punk.

Yeah. This does nothing for me. The art should reflect the movie inside. And I don't remember Alien taking place in a sterile steel laboratory with steel eggs.
I wonder if this is the same artist that had the broken glass fetish on the Die Hard releases?
View attachment 409659
An Alien mated with a Terminator and out popped an egg made of Memimetic Polly-Alloy (Liquid Metal) and this is what it'll grow to. :LOL:

used-cars-serve-as-art-34200_11.jpg

My 2¢ on the topic of eggs . . . OK, so it's not of alien origin or even bejeweled like one from the House of Fabergé but at least it's a real egg (ostrich) ...
(Anthony Redmile - circa 1975 - silver-plated with malachite finial):-
20190121_074720_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I like the Alien Anthology blu ray box enough to just replace the discs with the 4k as and when they're cheap enough.