Alita: Battle Angel (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #117) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 24, 2019 (Standard), August 21, 2019 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard Edition - FAC
Price: CZK 1099 (Standard) - CZK 1499 (FAC)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

65691979_2558539724262988_6205329561979191296_o.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone else confirm if the back of the slip has an error? The post at the top of Zalem goes all the way into space IIRC, and the normal theatrical poster is cropped but this slip art was opened up vertically and I think the post wasn’t extended to compensate.

Can anyone else confirm if the back of the slip has an error? The post at the top of Zalem goes all the way into space IIRC, and the normal theatrical poster is cropped but this slip art was opened up vertically and I think the post wasn’t extended to compensate.
Yep, its a space elevator. Can't unsee now. :wow:

Reactions: Vangeli
many thanks. :thumbs: like everyone else, wasn't aware this was going live in advance, but had one of those lucky moments where i happened to be online at the right time. :wow: just to confirm, no negativity towards Karel; i know he doesn't have complete control over when FAC release the batch earmarked for HDN. without @carllenc and @CollectorEmtee, i wouldn't own or possibly even have access to half of my favourite releases. :notworthy: :thanks:

weirdest thing is that the WWA is now beginning to grow on me. :LOL: of course the plain black back is unforgiveable, but now this package - with the slip covers that i wanted originally as a steel - is working nicely with the different elements. plus one of my fave posters on the collector's folder... had to give it a go, even though blufans isn't up yet. i assume the steel won't be the debossed and spot varnished version that image deserves :drool:, but you can't have everything. :rolleyes:

btw, mods, can we get the full BS into the OP, please? :)

many thanks. :thumbs: like everyone else, wasn't aware this was going live in advance, but had one of those lucky moments where i happened to be online at the right time. :wow: just to confirm, no negativity towards Karel; i know he doesn't have complete control over when FAC release the batch earmarked for HDN. without @carllenc and @CollectorEmtee, i wouldn't own or possibly even have access to half of my favourite releases. :notworthy: :thanks:

weirdest thing is that the WWA is now beginning to grow on me. :LOL: of course the plain black back is unforgiveable, but now this package - with the slip covers that i wanted originally as a steel - is working nicely with the different elements. plus one of my fave posters on the collector's folder... had to give it a go, even though blufans isn't up yet. i assume the steel won't be the debossed and spot varnished version that image deserves :drool:, but you can't have everything. :rolleyes:

btw, mods, can we get the full BS into the OP, please? :)
HD Beauty shot added to OP

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart

Yep, its a space elevator. Can't unsee now. :wow:

I don’t use Facebook so if anyone on the FilmArena page can let them know, it’d be appreciated.

Not a fan of black emptiness then?
If you buy your own silver paint pen one can draw their favourite Alita scene from the movie. Call it creative canvas steel books. Wait it's like them black boards you sketch away the colour to have the silver etched drawing. I really can't understand why anyone wouldn't want more blank backs to deface. Be creative...

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Is the back really that important? If you put this steelbook up for display I always place it so the front...is well uh, the front. I don’t display steelbooks with the back as the front.

Is the back really that important? If you put this steelbook up for display I always place it so the front...is well uh, the front. I don’t display steelbooks with the back as the front.
Its not about displaying. It's about being cheap and cutting corners and then charging premium price for it. At least for me anyway.

There should be no blank areas on a steelbook. Be it inside or out. It's supposed to be premium packaging.

And I'm talking about steelbooks in general, not just FAC's.....

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Its not about displaying. It's about being cheap and cutting corners and then charging premium price for it. At least for me anyway.

There should be no blank areas on a steelbook. Be it inside or out. It's supposed to be premium packaging. And I'm not just talking about FAC's.....
It’s not cheap at all. You still need to paint it black :rofl:
I really like the front and because the front is black you don’t have that many great contrast colors for the back left. I agree it may be nicer to put something on the back, but I don’t think the steelbook is made with cheap in mind. It would then be a bare metal or white color. The foundation for painting steelbooks is white.

Edit: I don’t find FACs that expensive. I could be wrong but there’s seldom something wrong (production wise) with FilmArena. Blufans, MantaLab, CM for example regularly.

It’s not cheap at all. You still need to paint it black :rofl:
I really like the front and because the front is black you don’t have that many great contrast colors for the back left. I agree it may be nicer to put something on the back, but I don’t think the steelbook is made with cheap in mind. It would then be a bare metal or white color. The foundation for painting steelbooks is white.

Edit: I don’t find FACs that expensive. I could be wrong but there’s seldom something wrong (production wise) with FilmArena. Blufans, MantaLab, CM for example regularly.
Its still cheaper than putting a colourful image on it. That's my point.....cutting corners.

The base colour of the steelbook would be black anyway.....

Its still cheaper than putting a colourful image on it. That's my point.....cutting corners.

The base colour of the steelbook would be black anyway.....
Many share your opinion and I was actually surprised the GB was in no time sold out and the reserve list got so many replies.

Many share your opinion and I was actually surprised the GB was in no time sold out and the reserve list got so many replies.
At least you can hide the steelbook in the nice slipcover with this edition!! :p

I think there was only about 40 copies for the GB.

Total print run is only 600 copies I think. Not the usual 1,000.

• Haha
Reactions: rschiks
...Total print run is only 600 copies I think. Not the usual 1,000.

Hey Mate, It has Not been the usual 1000 print run for 'FAC Releases with WWA Steelbook in a Long time.

For a long while now, thinking since Gladiator(maybe even further away than that),
The General norm has now been between 500 to 600 copies (and a few 750 ones).

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Hey Mate, It has Not been the usual 1000 print run for 'FAC Releases with WWA Steelbook in a Long time.

For a long while now, thinking since Gladiator(maybe even further away than that),
The General norm has now been between 500 to 600 copies (and a few 750 ones).
Yep, you're right :facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: Actarus