Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12039779-5364680498964815.jpg

12039779-2014680499031421.jpg
12039779-9784680498790953.jpg
12039779-1264647860535837.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! No decent finish! Now that is a piece of sh*t

So, boring front art for such a visual film, NO back art which is a **** you to steel collectors and no decent finish on the bland art.

Congratulations to the designers and guys who finalise all the other stuff.

Only good thing about this release is the price for what you get

*sigh* what a disappointment, cancelled my order. Shame really as I really enjoyed this movie and wanted a nice steelbook for it, will see if any potential editions will release in future.

• Haha
Reactions: mactaylor
Bit surprised by that reveal . . . spot gloss hand little to no substitute for what could have been achieved with this design.
giphy (19).gif

so glad I cancelled. to add insult to the injury of a pretentious ill fitting design, the finish is indifferent too.

Has anybody actually clicked on the image? Even without gloss the different pieces of the hand are very sharp and look amazing.
It doesn't need any gloss or embossing. I understand if you don't like the art used but the usual complaining about it not having a desired finish in this case is ridiculous.

Time to get used to it. The days of "gloss and boss" on non premium SteelBooks are quickly passing by.
Even some of the premiums are skipping gloss these days.

Enlarge the image. I find that the designs are very detailed. I think it looks great.

I agree @Stygian it is very detailed, you can even see the little swirls on the tips of the fingers. Although what I'm disappointed in is the back. IMHO, I think the left hand should have been placed on the back and the right hand on the front so when you open the steelbook all the way and are looking at both sides it's as if your looking at your own created hands as if it were her looking at her hands.

Last edited:
Not usually a gloss fan(it hasn’t it’s place but isn’t always needed IMO) but this felt like it needed to be full gloss

Will withhold opinion until it’s in hand

OK, I understand that they've tried to give it an elegant Eureka style look ...
1561165484538.png
1561165322021.png

... but black steelbooks - and indeed white steelbooks - just seem to look better in a full gloss finish . . . granted the fingerprint magnet issue is a slight downside on the black but cotton gloves are available if fingerprint marks are bothersome:-
1561165631240.png
1561163113826.png

Anyway, hopefully unstreaked - unlike WW ...
1561164212813.png

... and really, really hoping not to see something like this here
1561164961573.png

Has anybody actually clicked on the image? Even without gloss the different pieces of the hand are very sharp and look amazing.
It doesn't need any gloss or embossing. I understand if you don't like the art used but the usual complaining about it not having a desired finish in this case is ridiculous.

Time to get used to it. The days of "gloss and boss" on non premium SteelBooks are quickly passing by.
Even some of the premiums are skipping gloss these days.

Enlarge the image. I find that the designs are very detailed. I think it looks great.
Best chance for Gloss N Boss when not a premium or boutique label is USA runs. The USA print runs are higher and they can afford the price per unit better then that of a smaller Country. Tho sometimes when latching on for WWA's there can be some opportunity. Problem is there is diff paint laws per Countries and why you can see some variation on finish even then.

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k and Stygian