Amazon US - SteelBook Retailer Thread

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 16.36.31.png

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon USA?
A) Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> click on 'create account'>> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of USA?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example 1 steelbook to UK:

Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 business days) £4
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (averages 8-14 business days) £7
AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping (averages 2-4 days) £17

*Tip*
Standard shipping normally only takes a few days to arrive via Fedex

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Jiffy Bags for small orders, cardboard for large, with hardly - if any - bubble wrap, see below: (Thanks to Slinchafi for pics)

Just received four steels from amazon.com in the dumbest packaging possible.

First two arrived in this:

20130708083510.jpg

20130708083521.jpg

As you can see, no extra protection inside the padded envelope.

The remaining two:

20130708083605.jpg

20130708083632.jpg

And the box was already starting to come apart on the bottom:

20130708083722.jpg

Miraculously, apart from two tiny paint chips on one steel all of them are mint.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No, they list full item price. It's sometimes cheaper if ninjas have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to their address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card / Store Card / Gift card / Checking Account (US only)

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Amazon in general have the best customer service but some of the worst packaging in North America.

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon US packaging feedback

Those who ordered and received from Amazon.com items in a jiffy bag or any non-boxed packaging, please give packaging feedback to let Amazon.com know that they must use the same type of cardboard box packaging as Amazon.UK/DE/FR instead of jiffy bags for steelbooks. This will help "the right hand know what the left hand is doing."

This is going to be a big year for US SteelBooks and hopefully Amazon.com will get in and put out some exclusives like they can.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocielz
All the steel's I've ordered have come in either a cardboard envelope or a Big ass box with just air bubbles. Damn steels be rattling everywhere :( out of 10 I've received 2 with small damage.

Those who ordered and received from Amazon.com items in a jiffy bag or any non-boxed packaging, please give packaging feedback to let Amazon.com know that they must use the same type of cardboard box packaging as Amazon.UK/DE/FR instead of jiffy bags for steelbooks. This will help "the right hand know what the left hand is doing."

I have provided packaging feedback to Amazon U.S. repeatedly for steelbooks and jewel case CD and DVD-A disc and I am still receiving damaged goods in yellow envelopes through UPS.

The only way I can get something to arrive undamaged is to select 1 day delivery to occur on a Saturday, then it gets delivered by FedEx or Amazon's courier service and typically arrives undamaged.

Just a waste of a Prime account to have to do that though!

I have provided packaging feedback to Amazon U.S. repeatedly for steelbooks and jewel case CD and DVD-A disc and I am still receiving damaged goods in yellow envelopes through UPS.

The only way I can get something to arrive undamaged is to select 1 day delivery to occur on a Saturday, then it gets delivered by FedEx or Amazon's courier service and typically arrives undamaged.

Just a waste of a Prime account to have to do that though!

Sooner or later they will cave in and make changes. I suspect the US warehouses are harder to retrofit than those in other countries due to size, volume, etc. In addition to sending feedback is to keep returning damaged goods and asking them to re-send at their expense. I find it very interesting that they have a development team build their automated return/exchange feature. Perhaps to the Amazon executives, it is cheaper to build and pay for automated returns/exchanges than to retrofit warehouses for better packaging. But we are not talking just steelbooks here, they can use better packaging for CDs, vinyls, hardcover books, collectible blu-rays, etc. Once the volume of returns hit a critical mass, which I hope is soon ;), these decision makers will hopefully make the necessary changes.

Ordered a number of Steelbooks from them recently. All but one arrived safely in a box. Gladiator came later by itself in a padded envelope and arrived with a small dent. I asked for a replacement and that they not send it in an envelope. To their credit they graciously told me to keep the original Steel instead of returning it and they sent me a replacement at no charge and even refunded me the original purchase price EEK!...

Unfortunately, the second one also came in a padded envelope with a dent and fine scratches in the middle of the front cover. I now have 2 (damaged) Gladiator Steelbooks at no cost to me so I feel sheepish and won't ask for a replacement but I will end up purchasing this again, probably in store to make sure I get a good quality copy. I will be leaving packaging feedback.

Reactions: ash333

20130708083510.jpg

20130708083521.jpg

The remaining two:

20130708083605.jpg

20130708083632.jpg

20130708083722.jpg

Miraculously, apart from two tiny paint chips on one steel all of them are mint.

20130708083510.jpg

20130708083521.jpg

The remaining two:

20130708083605.jpg

20130708083632.jpg

20130708083722.jpg

Slinchafi - please leave packaging feedback, strongly worded, to ask them to use the same packaging as Amazon UK, DE, and FR for steelbooks. These knuckleheads need to learn now and fast!!!

Really frustrated with these cardboard mailers that Amazon is so fond of using, whether for Steelbooks, Digibooks or normal Amarays. Shouldn't Amazon know that the sides of these packages are so weak to withstand the weight of heavy parcels atop? Steelbooks and Digibooks often get pancaked.

61EC45FA-67DD-4C72-B093-FDBB70D9432E-578-0000004304FDC518_zpsecf8060e.jpg

FF48D1AF-12C0-443C-B757-72AEBDA82062-578-0000004317209ABE_zps2a831a48.jpg

Real, email Customer Service or contact them via the web site and ask for a replacement for the damaged item. They will either let you keep the damaged item or pay for it to be shipped back.

Guys got a question, I wanted to order a steel from amazon.com and in pound sterling it comes to £19.50. Does anyone know if I will be charged VAT or tax when it arrives to the UK? Cheers

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Also my only option is standard shipping which is like 30-40 odd days

Did anyone notice that Amazon's raised their FREE shipping qualifications? It used to be order $25 or more and get free shipping, but now it's $35. :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice that Amazon's raised their FREE shipping qualifications? It used to be order $25 or more and get free shipping, but now it's $35. :rolleyes:

They did that last week. They did it so you would have to pay the shipping. With all the blu-ray deals happening at different times you may have been able to hit $25 worth of blu's until the next deals but not $35. Stupid move on their part.

WARNING to all non American buyers. It looks like amazon now hold onto your goods for an indefinite period should you choose super saver shipping.
My copy of Fast and Furious 6 has been almost shipping for 4 days now. When I enquiries I was told quite bluntly that because I chose super saver amazon will not ship on release date and you will simply have to wait till they get round to it.
They would not negotiate it and were quite ****** about the whole situation tbh.

WARNING to all non American buyers. It looks like amazon now hold onto your goods for an indefinite period should you choose super saver shipping.
My copy of Fast and Furious 6 has been almost shipping for 4 days now. When I enquiries I was told quite bluntly that because I chose super saver amazon will not ship on release date and you will simply have to wait till they get round to it.
They would not negotiate it and were quite ****** about the whole situation tbh.

It's been that way for US customers for a very long time already (plus they recently up'ed the minimum purchase to $35 to get free shipping). Just out of curiosity how much is Amazon's cheapest shipping option to the UK for a single steel?