Annihilation (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
Release date: April 1, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order January 12 around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12014002-1084654055379813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So any chance now this got FAC'ed up?

I see what you did there.

Unfortunately, no, this is their official statement that they posted on their FB fan page yesterday: "Dear Collectors, let me kindly inform you that neither of these movies will be released in FAC within close future. The main reason is that the Czech language support has not been confirmed. Thank you for your understanding "

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Vaako and apsmith21
Sometimes it just takes time to be appreciated, just like the initial release of Blade Runner, which also flopped big time.

So a movie that got a limited theatrical release and didnt even make it's production budget back domestically is considered massively overrated huh?
I don't see what that's got to do with anything? :confused:

I agree that the reviews of this are massively overrated. (Regardless of theatrical release or budget/etc.......)

I w
So a movie that got a limited theatrical release and didnt even make it's production budget back domestically is considered massively overrated huh?
I was talking about the reviews for it and a lot of fans of the books were going OTT as well.

A movie that doesn’t make its money back has nothing to do with being overrated.

Why would movie has to make budget back domestically ? They are made for both domestic and international release. IMO very stupid argument. It's like movie goers outside US does not count. And I have opinion of US movie goers but hold my tongue ...

Why would movie has to make budget back domestically ? They are made for both domestic and international release. IMO very stupid argument. It's like movie goers outside US does not count. And I have opinion of US movie goers but hold my tongue ...
Because the US is the only place this film was released in theaters.

Reactions: Space Cadet
So, what's on the back?
Either of Rory Kurtz's Mondo posters would be interesting ...
1547126872766.png
/
1547126947135.png

... despite reminding me somewhat of Archimboldo's work (1527 - 1593) ... lol:-
1547127254766.png
1547127671363.png

• Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Because the US is the only place this film was released in theaters.
I still don't understand what that's got to do with anything?

Netflix has a worldwide platform. Over 45 million have viewed Bird Box on it already. Does that make it a failure because it wasn't released in theatres?

Reactions: paulboland
Was there ever a US steelbook planned?

Other Paramount releases have WWA before, so I wouldn't rule out one coming in the future in a wave or something, having the same artwork.

The only thing that would make this steelbook a winner, IMO, is if it had some sort of premium finish or debossing. Then I would spring for this, guessing that Paramount USA
would issue a bare bones steelbook.

You'll remember that the 4K Saving Private Ryan was a retread of a big print run, and was without any inside art as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nathan Bateman