Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: October 16, 2018
Purchase link:
Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: mini GB from apsmith21

Mini steelbook listing - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ant-man-mini-stlbk/6295938.p?skuId=6295938

4fb2416b-00e0-42f9-92ab-aa805f529fe5-jpeg.382538

6262690_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the honeycomb effect metallic or spot gloss? Or just... there

Just a honeycomb effect, all matte, nothing special at all, I like the design but flat as a pancake, tough to get a focused pic of the steel, it seems to deflect that...will tide me over until the eventual BluFans release, based on their schedule going to be awhile.IMG_0822.jpgIMG_0823.jpgIMG_0824.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: virkia and dfoles
Was hoping for better finish here in the states. Might even pass on the BB to see what else is out there for this art. Taiwan has nice release but not sure about the finish
as far as i remembered Taiwan always have the heads on spines (Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, The Last Jedi) while KR don't...

Very underwhelmed with this release. I get the transition pictures being blurry, but the end points should be crisp and clean, and most of the front is just blurry. The honeycomb background is also blurry, which kind of makes it weird to look at. They do have a slight metallic effect, not sure if it’s just the bare metal showing through or not, but it does shine when you angle it in the light. The inside artwork is actually pretty good.

The weirdest part about this art to me is that it stops on the face of the steelbook instead of wrapping around the edge. And mine is slightly misaligned, so I can actually see the it off of the bottom of the image, and it slightly goes over the top edge, but not a lot.
3FAE2120-4FC7-43AB-AFD5-CF176B59A25C.jpeg

CBA3A72E-EB82-4B42-8E6B-5D5AFD02B2C5.jpeg

Usually something like that would at least continue the honeycomb pattern to the end of the steel plate they print on, or it would fade to white near the edge. This just looks not fully planned out.

Last edited:
Reactions: virkia
I guess I'm one of the only people to like this SteelBook. Yes, it's a matte finish, but there are metallic effects on the honeycomb, plus Ant-Man and the Wasp, that are highlighted in the right light.

Not the best pic, looks more like a mini MetalPak with those hinges. Was kind of hoping it would be like the SDCC John Wick

Last edited:
Reactions: apsmith21