Ant-Man and the Wasp (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #51) [China]

Kevin from BD forum just posted this

The physical media is currently abandoned by Disney in mainland China, Unfortunately they've decided focusing solely on the streaming media there. We will see if they are going to change that in 2021. Until then, Sadly No Disney title releases from Blufans at this moment

That really sucks. Gonna miss marvel and star wars blufans

I have 100% for both :(

Reactions: milky and Flloydo
Especially hope that Disney does not abandon the physical format everywhere in the world! I'm afraid of that !
If they did, it would only be a matter of time before they started again with physical media. There will always be people who want it, and I have no doubt that they would bring it back in some form due to the greedy gits they are.
But I think the Disney line from Blufans will be permanently over sad to say. Shame

Reactions: MM3 and Flloydo
1605134968825.gif

I have every Marvel Cinematic Universe Blufans release so far so it's frustrating it stops here, but y'know, collecting is so wide spread now that other retailers will be wanting their pound of flesh from customers so hopefully a decent alternative comes along. The design consistency will be gone but rather have alternatives than no premium at all.

Reactions: DMD4k
di$n€¥ sent stream-800 disney+ to kill physical media and they were successful
I’m not sure what the point is. Those who want Disney + will subscribe. People like me will sign up for a month 1-2x per year, binged the limited content that they have then dump it. I got it for Hamilton and I went through all the content I wanted in less than a month and that included multiple times watching the play. I guess I could spend a month watching the Star Wars cartoons, but I didn’t watch them on TV or Netflix, so I doubt I ever will (even though i hear they’re good).

Especially hope that Disney does not abandon the physical format everywhere in the world! I'm afraid of that !

just can’t see it happening. They make too much money from it. A lot of people buy Disney. A lot

I really want a Mandalorian physical release......

same. And I think it will eventually happen. There’s no way they won’t release that, Wanda/vision, Loki, falcon and the winter soldier etc on physical release. Might be some time after it’s on Disney+, like a year or maybe longer but I think they will release them eventually

I’m not sure what the point is. Those who want Disney + will subscribe. People like me will sign up for a month 1-2x per year, binged the limited content that they have then dump it. I got it for Hamilton and I went through all the content I wanted in less than a month and that included multiple times watching the play. I guess I could spend a month watching the Star Wars cartoons, but I didn’t watch them on TV or Netflix, so I doubt I ever will (even though i hear they’re good).

thats what a lot of people I know do. Wait for a series or something like a few films to hit, pay one month, watch the maderlorian, frozen 2, Aladdin, Mulan etc and then maybe a old classic and bam it’s paid for. Cancel before the renewal after that one month. Cheap if you do that once or twice a year.

I’ve got a free 6 months of Disney+ through o2 to redeem. I’m waiting for mandalorian season 2 to finish and then Wanda vision before I redeem it. Then I can catch up on some other films I’ve not seen yet like frozen 2 and mulan and then going forward I’ll buy the odd month here and there when other MCU and Star Wars series air

Fanatics could always do releases ... just gotta put the discs in since likely just soundtrack inside.

As for Disney as a whole ... so with USA stuff they HAD been pretty much ghost in the PR world as well in regards to screeners, review material etc. For almost a year now ... and when they did it was all 3rd party ... I surprisingly got an email from a person at Disney yesterday in conjunction with a 3rd party PR (as in PR + an at disney.com email addy) and they tout the pandemic and wanting to get in touch since so many people view at home now yada yada yada ...

Sucks that it takes the pandemic for them to get back on the physical train as I would have thought that Disney+ alone would suffice to them ... but ill see where this leads. I simply mention because with theaters closed they may take physical media sales a bit more serious for the time being ... and everything starts with the USA in regards to studios and then spans out.

I'm not certain that China will benefit from that because personally I think it has more to do with thwarting bootlegging then simply streaming growth. I read a crazy in depth article like 6 months ago about an elaborate scam that had a hacked media server which given that they are tracked its like impossible to to do this and get away with it .. but this was some old original server they were able to get back online ... point being they were getting ahold of hollywood movies source material and bootlegging them before theatrical release. If you remember those articles some years back about full movies being leaked ahead of release and the suspected millions of dollars of revenue lost because of it ... this was the root origin to that. Perps were caught in the end but it changed how Hollywood acted going forward with China. Just some thoughts of mine, but I do realize they want their Chinese ticket revenue as well and likely wish theaters were open.

Last edited:
Very sad.
Movie was okay, but i am still waiting for a good release with a fullslip edition. Would like that novamedia step in. I am still a big fan of there Nova Release.
But this will not happen anymore i think.