Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 22, 2023
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £32.99

Ant Man and the Wasp  Quantumania.jpg
Ant Man with Jcard.jpg Ant Man Back.jpg Ant Man Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually to be fair before this convo went off the rails I legitimately thought that’s what we were talking about

Are we talking about jwbudd from BD that like banned half the original members on here over at that other forum? Jeremy if you’re reading, thanks for the good times!
Haha nah he was a prankster/ presenter in the U.K.
Also presented you been framed the original fails videos.

He had one small hand and kind of looked like my dad.

I have no idea who you mean lol

Haha nah he was a prankster/ presenter in the U.K.
Also presented you been framed the original fails videos.

He had one small hand and kind of looked like my dad.

I have no idea who you mean lol

Maybe best we not speak of him then, lol ;)

He once bragged that he reported me to the IRS for tax evasion because I was hosting competing group buys.

LOL what? What has this got to do with anything? I can’t tell if this is another lie or the truth but I know zero about your real life and the super model comment was pure fabrication because you lie so f**king much and have been proven wrong nearly every single time in 10 years.

What the hell has MP, Corbyn and playgrounds got to do with you having no idea where you bought the iron man 1 steelbook from? Unless you’re trying to tell us your secret kinks, that pathetic attempt of an insult just makes you look more Insecure, childish and desperate

And who cares if a forum knows who you married :rofl:. So confused right now. Like Jeremy Beadle has returned from the dead or something
Yeah thought not, now who's desperate.

There's a very simple solution, take some pics and show everyone the HMV Iron Man steelbooks
I don't think that's going to help. It was already stated that they were identical to the Play releases.

I'm surprised that the Play IM steelbooks didn't sell out, but if that's the case, we know excess stock ended up elsewhere (including HMV). That makes it quite possible there were some in this particular HMV.

Doubt arises over the timing of it all. Psychoscot seems to recall buying them before Thor and CA:TFA were released. Although, he does say 'bought on release day' but doesn't say exactly when that was.

We can all (except Psychoscot) agree, that there was no IM HMV exclusive, and that it was Play (RIP) that got the exclusives for IM, IM2 and TIH.

An HMV steelbook for IM would have been big news. Someone else here would remember it. There would be a thread about it. Google would have pictures of it. Someone else would own it. None of this is the case.

Maybe he did buy them at HMV. I just don't know how.

If it helps, and I’m not trying to take sides here, but I was working out of Paramount’s offices at the time of release next to their supply chain team (who were not afraid to spend a bit extra to gloss and emboss I might add). They had about 4000 units of each of IM 1 & 2 which was all shipped to Play.com except for a few spares which remained at the warehouse. No units were ever shipped officially to HMV or any of their stores. I’m not saying a unit or two can’t end up in a store unofficially, but I would think it would be extremely unlikely considering Play.com sold out their allocation quite quickly. Heck, I even heard the supply chain team on release day have a moan about how many were ending up on ebay at inflated prices so quickly. Side note, they must have forgotten about the box of spares which sat neglected in the warehouse for a few years until they decided to sell them to The Entertainment Store who made a tidy sum on them.

Also, the first Avengers HMV exclusive was a joint Disney/Paramount release, and was still distributed by Paramount at the time. All future Avengers releases for the first film were solely from Disney though.

As for why HMV have the exclusive for Quantumania instead of Zavvi...

Steve Martin Idk GIF

I bought both IM1 and 2 from my local HMV, I never used play till years later. Deal with it!
They sell used or sold to them copies from other stores, must have been that.
Regarding 'on release date', are you sure?
I'm a millennial, I still think 2003 movies are a few years old, not twice as old, as Predator ('87) was when The Fifth Element ('97) was released.
It's been 13-15 years, maybe you bought an amaray first, and a steelbook later, maybe you forgot and mixed it up.
No , I married her, try my Facebook, my twitter address is available on here we're due our second child in May. Oh I forgot Corbyn leftie Fanny's can't deal with success. And you wonder why MP took over all buyers and took all the contracts. Brainless tw"t! Most MP members know who I married! Making you look like a f""king pathetic little child with a pathetic playground grudge.
Where 'on here', it's not in your profile.
Is MP those MediaPsycho assholes with brainless cult members that are always happy and 'applauding' with excessive amounts of smilies and gifs, like at a North Korea Communist Party meeting?

I’m still waiting for this twitter link :watch:
Yeah, me too.

Wasn’t the greatest addition to the MCU, but I’m invested in the steelbooks… I can’t now have an incomplete collection so I’ll be buying it. I can’t say I’ll be losing any sleep about zavvi losing their exclusive grip on Disney steels, it’s pretty much all I buy from them nowadays, I’m not a particular fan of their over saturation of the special edition market.

As for the Iron man discussion, Iron man and iron man 2 were 100% play .com exclusives, I remember the hype at their announcement as we had gone for quite some time with no U.K. release of both films, and they were only about £10 if I recall.. what a time to be alive! I also remember the inner art was mistakenly printed the wrong way round with 1 having 2’s art and vice versa. There were no MCU steelbooks in the U.K. until HMV’s Thor, then the films up to Avengers assemble were all HMV exclusives for their original releases and from Iron man 3 onwards the steelbooks were Zavvi exclusives (zavvi also re released all the films with lenticular covers once they had the exclusivity)

Seems this is the most popular UK release at this moment so i just wanna ask the UK folks here

I'll be going to the States soon and bring back about 40 steelbooks. Thing is i need to change flight (NOT transit) at London UK for half a day (personal reason)

Would I potentially get into custom issue and fees due to the steelbook I am bringing in? Im not UK citizen and Im not staying in the UK. I just need to get out of immigration and airport for half a day