Anyone still buy DVDs?

Mostly just blus ... but from time to time I'll buy like a $4 dvd if convienant ... say im in wally world and doing some shopping and I see some old movie that makes me be like "DAMNNNN, I remember this, I wanna watch this!" and I know its not on Blu ... then i'll buy it ... as its about the same price as a BB rental .... speaking of rentals ... alot of times I will redbox DVD rentals ... as I like to see all types of movies as they come out but dont necessarily wanna buy them all on blu ... or rent them on blu, as its $5 a blu rental at BB ... so the $1 redbox rental is real nice. Oh yeah, my daughter loves it! lol.

Sometimes buy a dvd for the kids in the big 5$ bin at Wal-mart! Bought Seth the 1st and 10 series (anybody remember that one on HBO way back when) don't know if I should let him watch it though!:eek:

Mostly just Blu. If it's a movie for my gf, I'll get it on blu if it has a digital copy. That way she can download and watch it when she wants on her ipod or wherever.

Mostly just blus ... but from time to time I'll buy like a $4 dvd if convienant ... say im in wally world and doing some shopping and I see some old movie that makes me be like "DAMNNNN, I remember this, I wanna watch this!" and I know its not on Blu ... then i'll buy it ... as its about the same price as a BB rental .... speaking of rentals ... alot of times I will redbox DVD rentals ... as I like to see all types of movies as they come out but dont necessarily wanna buy them all on blu ... or rent them on blu, as its $5 a blu rental at BB ... so the $1 redbox rental is real nice. Oh yeah, my daughter loves it! lol.

I do this.

Noooooo i just noticed i have bought a dvd! lol Well The Passion of The Christ has a bonus disc for some bonus features and its on a dvd. I mean wtf Fox we are trying to get away from dvd and then you sneak one in like that. Shame on you! :D

im with you on that one :)

because its illegal, and then the movie studios get zero money. It also hurts our economy even more now, just look at everyone losing jobs. If you can't wait 2 months, then see it in the dollar movie theater, or just wait and rent it for a measly $1.

It's just like buying used games. I would rather wait for the price to drop, and the company to still get the money than buy a used game.

because its illegal, and then the movie studios get zero money. It also hurts our economy even more now, just look at everyone losing jobs. If you can't wait 2 months, then see it in the dollar movie theater, or just wait and rent it for a measly $1.

It's just like buying used games. I would rather wait for the price to drop, and the company to still get the money than buy a used game.

we dont have cinemas like that, our cinemas cost £10 a go, plus im not hurtung anything, i couldnt care less if DVD goes down hill.

I am more concerned with Blu, thats why i buy as many blu-rays as i can.

Yes it may be illegal but tell that to the other couple of million people who do it. Also i dont see the problem if i download a film say the dark knight for instance, i saw it in the cinema, then downloaded it and then got it on blu-ray. I dont think there is nothing wrong with that. I think i paid enough to get something free along the lines. Plus i dont do it anymore really, the quality is rubbish and its worth just waiting for the blu to be released because i need to enjoy my viewing of a film :)

Last edited:
Most people do it, and never buy the movie. There is a better way of getting the DVD quality and then each movie only costs about $1.25 for you. It can actually be burned and played on a DVD player with menus, etc. That is hurting DVD, and you also do Blu-ray, but the cost of a Blu-ray disc is alot.

Most people do it, and never buy the movie. There is a better way of getting the DVD quality and then each movie only costs about $1.25 for you. It can actually be burned and played on a DVD player with menus, etc. That is hurting DVD, and you also do Blu-ray, but the cost of a Blu-ray disc is alot.

I dont think you will ever see copy or pirating of blu-ray for a very long time if im honest, first of all it will take the average joe forever to download a 50gb film!!

I dont think you will ever see copy or pirating of blu-ray for a very long time if im honest, first of all it will take the average joe forever to download a 50gb film!!

Um, the real way to do it, you never download it. just need a hard drive and a rental movie..

I am not quite sure you can copy BD's yet and plus you ought to be pretty darn dumb to try to, the blank media costs more than buy the original copy and the hassle to break the lock on the original BD is not easy. According to Slysoft they can break the lock, but even then you require a very good machine with very good hardware because 50GB is no simple task to decode and encode. Average Joe will not bother Cali.

Let's leave this topic alone whether is right or wrong people will continue to do it and if you don't do it then props for you man. Personally I did it for some time and I don't regret it because the movies were really bad and I wasn't going to pay 10 bucks at the theater and/or 15 bucks for the DVD it was my way of saying "Up yours Hollywood give us quality films!!" and now I don't even rent I just straight buy to support the industry.

Please get back to topic.