Apocalypse Now - Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #31) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: August 13, 2021
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order July 30, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $98.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $197.98 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti - Full Slip - One Click
Note: Full Slip 1000 copies - Lenti 1000 copies

41D2EF31-A175-4DD3-898C-61F84363DF47.jpegFB70B7A1-87BC-4EDB-BB40-7136F266ECA7.jpega91b9375dbb4447fe4611a52b06364db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaves more time for slip shots to surface and hopefully stop me contemplating spending a fortune on this bloody thing.

Same. Lenti looks really busy, especially with all that god damn text all over the front it. I'm leaning towards the FS, but that'll be completely dependent on the finish.

They were not able to show actual photos of the slip and a video of the lenti before the original pre order date because they didn’t have the samples in time and the full slip will be (in their words) a anti matte finish : spot gloss and embossing. With orange poiling on the title (I think they meant foiling)

I literally asked them last night because I was curious on the full slip finish. Then they emailed me to say pre order and release date was postponed (with a little message saying incase I hadn’t seen the update - which was nice)

They said they should have the samples in time to take photos and video before the next pre order date

They were not able to show actual photos of the slip and a video of the lenti before the original pre order date because they didn’t have the samples in time and the full slip will be (in their words) a anti matte finish : spot gloss and embossing. With orange poiling on the title (I think they meant foiling)

I literally asked them last night because I was curious on the full slip finish. Then they emailed me to say pre order and release date was postponed (with a little message saying incase I hadn’t seen the update - which was nice)

They said they should have the samples in time to take photos and video before the next pre order date
Ah, success! Cheers bud

Reactions: Flloydo
Argh I literally carried out the group buy two days ago.

With the above announcement not providing a timeline, how long do people think it might be delayed? It's quite a vague statement so not much to go but a couple of months maybe?

Argh I literally carried out the group buy two days ago.

With the above announcement not providing a timeline, how long do people think it might be delayed? It's quite a vague statement so not much to go but a couple of months maybe?
It sound's like they need to re-author/master/press an entire new set of 4K discs. Given they'll be doing this independently, and not part of a major studio release, I expect this could take quite a few months to be honest.

How can this happen?
Easily. Disc authoring errors are not uncommon, especially with independent distributors. Arrow video have had 2 recently with their 4K discs of Demons and Donnie Darko.

Hell even Universal had one a few years back on the fast and the Furious 6 & 6 4K discs, where they mistakenly authored lossy DTS audio tracks inside a DTS:X container. Half the AV units at the time couldn't even decode it without a software update from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
It sound's like they need to re-author/master/press an entire new set of 4K discs. Given they'll be doing this independently, and not part of a major studio release, I expect this could take quite a few months to be honest.

Both links have been disabled now too so I’d certainly say it could take a few months

Reactions: samdavies
I dont see any big deal. No money taken and it will just be later. Not like we dont wait years for every FAC release after announcing

.. Which might be a good thing.. Less people buy it, it doesn't sell out, ends up in the winter sale..
I can't see it happening personally, but if (I buy it) this does end up in the bloody winter sale at $50 I'm going to absolutely flip my lid. It was bad enough paying $40 rrp for something for it to get reduced 50% later on, but when it's $100 :angry:

It will not go on winter’s sale. Relax. It will sell out quickly. Tiny print run, classic movie, super popular artwork on the slip and steelbook.
It is not unusual nowadays for people to pay over $100 for premium edition.

It will not go on winter’s sale. Relax. It will sell out quickly. Tiny print run, classic movie, super popular artwork on the slip and steelbook.
It is not unusual nowadays for people to pay over $100 for premium edition.
No I don't expect it will hang around to be honest, stranger things have happened though. I know I've paid well over what this will cost on the secondary market, but that's something you accept about a resale vs a retailer.

The question will be if this can even make this years's winter sale as the release might be just a few months before that due to the delay now.
I'm pretty sure this release will go soldout pretty quickly. Other than that it would be a silly move to sell it for half its price a few months after its release ;)

Dunno if I'd call 1,000 per edition on a premium this pricey as having a 'tiny' print run but I agree it probably won't linger because of what the film is.

Reactions: hatredhorror