Apocalypse Now - Final Cut (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #31) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: August 13, 2021
Purchase links: Lenti - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order July 30, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $98.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $197.98 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Lenti - Full Slip - One Click
Note: Full Slip 1000 copies - Lenti 1000 copies

41D2EF31-A175-4DD3-898C-61F84363DF47.jpegFB70B7A1-87BC-4EDB-BB40-7136F266ECA7.jpega91b9375dbb4447fe4611a52b06364db.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly both look so great however, I’m not sure how the lenti will translate because of the classic image/ poster having that kind of distorted effect on the face and the red hue and also because I’ve personally not been impressed with a nova lenti for a few years (kill bill 2 and the age of Ultron magnet were the last 2 I actually liked). I think this would make a great full slip though

Full slip could turn out excellent. Love the look of it. But that price is just too much for me and (I) really don’t need all those discs. Plus I already have the Italian steel with the same art.
If one of them hits the sale In December then yeah I’ll go for a version. At least that would bring it down to normal price

Edit: as this is a project with I’ve then the lenti could turn out decent. But I’m only going by Akira. It’s the only I’ve lenti I own

Wouldn't the lenti look better if it wasn't all red? Why not just use the colours from the original poster?

It would probably work better as a lenti with the original colours. Possibly. But I do also like this red version. I just think it would work better as a normal slip

Full slip could turn out excellent. Love the look of it. But that price is just too much for me and (I) really don’t need all those discs. Plus I already have the Italian steel with the same art.
If one of them hits the sale In December then yeah I’ll go for a version. At least that would bring it down to normal price

giphy.gif

I admire your naivety :D I wish that would be true though, for your sake, but honestly I think it will be bloodbath :hungry::coffee: even despite higher price. Don´t forget this is only 1K PR for international orders! And it´s FACing Apocalpyse Now, one of the best movies ever made and first real premium steelbook edition for this gem.

I love both slips, but I think I will go with the fullslip, I hope they use some gold foil on the titles at least, and some beautiful spot gloss on Kurtz, and also nice detailed embossing, not simple cookie cutter style or something.....Lenti could turn real nice too, it´s a stunning artwork......and I think back of the lenti will be holofoiled to death (but hopefully Im wrong)......Steelbook has potencial to be a gem with debossed title :oohyeah::drool:

I'm so torn on what to do with this...

The price is ridiculous, both slips and steel have too much text for me, plus some other questionable design choices overall.

But it's a premium of Apocalypse Now, so... :whistle:

Hopefully when nova post live pics of both slips and the steel prior to preorder date it'll help me make up my mind.

Side note, I don't like the final cut. Much prefer the theatrical. However I do like the expanded redux scenes of the final act.

I do already have the 4K disc of the theatrical/redux and the 2 special features discs from the USA digibook inside the beautiful UK studiocanal redux glossy steel as well.. which overall cost me less than a quarter of what this will :rolleyes:

Reactions: Shark
giphy.gif

I admire your naivety :D I wish that would be true though, for your sake, but honestly I think it will be bloodbath :hungry::coffee: even despite higher price. Don´t forget this is only 1K PR for international orders! And it´s FACing Apocalpyse Now, one of the best movies ever made and first real premium steelbook edition for this gem.

I love both slips, but I think I will go with the fullslip, I hope they use some gold foil on the titles at least, and some beautiful spot gloss on Kurtz, and also nice detailed embossing, not simple cookie cutter style or something.....Lenti could turn real nice too, it´s a stunning artwork......and I think back of the lenti will be holofoiled to death (but hopefully Im wrong)......Steelbook has potencial to be a gem with debossed title :oohyeah::drool:

Im not naive at all mate. I said “if” not “when”

I doubt it will hit the sales either but I also can’t tell if this will be a quiet release or a bloodbath. I’ve seen 2 requests on one GB that’s been open longer than 24 hours. And regardless of it being one of the best movies and so far the only premium I just can’t tell.
I honestly think the price and overkill of the discs will put a lot off. Also need to remember the price of shipping will be jacked up for this due to weight (I’ve slips are chunky plus all those discs) and on top of what ever possible changes to Covid postage Charges. Could be looking at £85/£90 just for one edition

Reactions: Hereticz
Too much literature on the slips. For a moment I thought it was a Warner release... Can someone explain the studios they're killing artwork with so many credits on FS and steelbooks...

SteelBook front art could have been better. And the back lacks of art.
I was waiting a great premium release as I passed on the WWA SteelBook. I need this movie in 4K, but $100 for imperfect premium SteelBook and FS... This is absolutely ridiculous.

Im not naive at all mate. I said “if” not “when”

I doubt it will hit the sales either but I also can’t tell if this will be a quiet release or a bloodbath. I’ve seen 2 requests on one GB that’s been open longer than 24 hours. And regardless of it being one of the best movies and so far the only premium I just can’t tell.
I honestly think the price and overkill of the discs will put a lot off. Also need to remember the price of shipping will be jacked up for this due to weight (I’ve slips are chunky plus all those discs) and on top of what ever possible changes to Covid postage Charges. Could be looking at £85/£90 just for one edition
over 50 on the other GB

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
This is the most maddening release to me.

All-time classic film, one of the greatest ever made and its getting a premium edition in 2021 with two different and great looking slips. Awesome. Then you have to appreciate on some level that they included six discs to make it completely definitive. If you could only own one release of the movie, you're completely covered with this.

On the other hand, having 6 discs skyrockets the price and if people had the option, they'd probably be content with it being only a 2 or maybe 3 disc release.

Then you get to the actual SB itself and the back is so bad and phoned in that it being blank would literally be preferable. Also it costs a bazillion dollars for a single release before shipping with no 1-click option to boot.

But it's Apocalypse Now. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

So with all these discs, surely the Hearts of Darkness documentary is included somewhere, right? I don't see it listed in the features. That would be a strange omission, and it would make this edition not quite the ultimate complete set.

So with all these discs, surely the Hearts of Darkness documentary is included somewhere, right? I don't see it listed in the features. That would be a strange omission, and it would make this edition not quite the ultimate complete set.
It should be as its listed on the Zavvi release

Reactions: ethnosax
It should be as its listed on the Zavvi release
I figure it must be, but I can't see the text on the discs in the preview, and the disc art is all different from the set I have. (Looks like everybody's opinion counted when they were deciding on disc art for this release!) :)

It isn't listed, but this is a release in conjunction with studiocanal, so the discs should be a mirror of the EU discs. Meaning x2 film 4k discs, x2 film 1080p discs and x2 special features discs.

One disc contains the features from the theatrical and redux releases, and fhe other contains the Heart of Darkness and features from the final cut, amongst other legacy pieces.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: ethnosax