Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 4 Votes
Title: Aquaman

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: James Wan

Cast: Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, Randall Park, Ludi Lin, Graham McTavish, Michael Beach, Patrick Cox, Otis Dhanji, Kaan Guldur, Connor Zegenhagen, Winnie Mzembe, Gabriella Petkova, Braden Lewis, Vincent B. Gorce, Jon Quested, Sasha Dulics, Rhianna Palmer, Natalia Safran, Djimon Hounsou

Release: 2018-12-19

Plot: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.

Attachments

• aquaman.jpg
    aquaman.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 860
Watched this last night on IMAX, really don't know what to make of it. Some parts were really good and looked awesome then others like a cheap power rangers episode. It felt like it went from Aquaman to Indiana Jones into Pacific Rim. Some of the one liners just felt forced and I thought the soundtrack was utter trash, it went from stranger things 80's synthesiser to really cheap trashy pop songs again from an 80's B movie. It wasn't dark like other DC movies and again proves that Justice League should've been made after the solo movies.

I'll have to watch it again at some point to see whether I like it more the second time around.

I watched this yesterday and it's enjoyable without being great. Didn't feel like 2.5 hours and the story was pretty fleshed out but don't into it expecting Infinity War or you'll be disappointed.

Also, am the only one who thought there was one massive DC continuity error: This is set after Justice League, Mera even metions Arthur helping defeat Steppenwolf but......

In this film he has never been to Atlantis and doesn't even know Mera's name until she saves his dad from the Tsunami. I swear in Justice League the Motherbox is in Alantis and he talks to Mera after Stepenwolf comes down and takes the Motherbox which would assume they knew each other

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I watched this yesterday and it's enjoyable without being great. Didn't feel like 2.5 hours and the story was pretty fleshed out but don't into it expecting Infinity War or you'll be disappointed.

Also, am the only one who thought there was one massive DC continuity error: This is set after Justice League, Mera even metions Arthur helping defeat Steppenwolf but......

In this film he has never been to Atlantis and doesn't even know Mera's name until she saves his dad from the Tsunami. I swear in Justice League the Motherbox is in Alantis and he talks to Mera after Stepenwolf comes down and takes the Motherbox which would assume they knew each other

Yup I was as confused as you are and still am :LOL::rofl::LOL:

I'm not sure I'd say it was original like @Apollon but it is a lot of fun and the world that James Wan created is really vibrant and colourfully neon. Both the villains have clear motivation for what they're doing. I'd have to see it again to rank it in the DCEU but I really enjoyed it and I will be getting the Manta release when it's announced.

Reactions: Drum18

This could be on account of there being multiple cuts of Justice League (Joss-tice League?). In Zack's cut, I believe that the continuity and the scene that you mentioned, are intact. I've seen videos on YouTube drawing the conclusion that the Snyder cut is indeed, canon.

Only have one complaint
Why have 2 villains? The conflict with Orm was enough to carry the movie, leaving Black Manta underused. It's like having Green Goblin show up for 1 scene in a Spiderman movie.

Just saw it.
Seems like DC is finally embracing that they make comic book movies. This is Big. Over the top and fun... Its a little cheesy at times. But I enjoyed it.
In IMAX it was even better. When the aspect ratio changes for the underwater / big action scenes is really great.

Breathtaking, fun, thrilling, and visually one of the coolest films I’ve ever seen. It’s truly an underwater Star Wars and James Wan should be praised for this achievement! The cast was amazing, too! Momoa and Heard kicked total @$$! I literally smiled throughout the entire film.