Argo - 10th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Flloydo

That's not a skirt girl, that's a sawn off shotgun
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Ur mum
Release date: October 10, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Available to order for RC members. General sale at 6 PM - UK time)
Price: £24.99

Argo Front.jpg

AF254F16-0586-460A-AA27-7E6F23D69A30.jpeg

Argo Open.jpg Argo Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Masta Norris
Sweet art but massive pass. Gone baby gone and the town were miles better than Argo. Can’t and will never understand why it won 3 Oscars
Totally with you, what a bore of a film. The source material doesn't have that much to offer I guess. But of course Hollywood itself loved it - because it is once again one of those films that is basically about Hollywood celebrating itself.

Less of a train wreck than Live By Night, though. And THAT was a Dennis Lehane adaptation from an amazing book, and that's way harder to forgive!

Reactions: Flloydo
Totally with you, what a bore of a film. The source material doesn't have that much to offer I guess. But of course Hollywood itself loved it - because it is once again one of those films that is basically about Hollywood celebrating itself.
100%

Even though I said I don’t understand why it did win, it is clearly because of that reason. Hollywood celebrating itself. Affleck is a fine director but the film wasn’t for me
Less of a train wreck than Live By Night, though. And THAT was a Dennis Lehane adaptation from an amazing book, and that's way harder to forgive!
Still not seen that. I’ve wanted to for a while but I hear mixed feelings each time. I’ve still not seen the accountant either

I was about to write this...

But I still liked it

I've never actually seen this, I do have on normal blu ray. Maybe I should order this then watch it to see if I like lol.

I rewatch it as regularly, as The Town and both are still interesting to see even a 4th time. Ben Affleck should direct more!
I was in a similar situation in Tashkent in 1991, with Uzbeks pulling all foreigners out of cars and beating on the street. One time my mother had to push the driver's leg on the gas to forcefully drive through a crowd like that.

I enjoyed Argo. Got to meet some of the stars at the Palm Soring International Film gala award back in the day. I’ll keep my blu ray steelbook though.

Reactions: jailbird_joey
Since this still hasn’t been announced for the US yet, I bought the French version, which arrived yesterday. All the paper shreds across the front and the spine are spot gloss. I rather like this one.
I had this on amaray for like years now and never got around to watching. I actually watched it last night. I enjoyed it but I'm not sure how rewatchable it is yet.