aod.jpg

picture.php

View attachment 70817

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 692
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why I've only just clicked on this, but....

That's not the final artwork, surely? Title says WEA and the current picture has the same artwork as my UK amaray. Or am I missing something? Does WEA only apply to steelbook artwork?

fyi WEA is a term used by any retailer that releases unique art to that packaging. It never has had anything to do with comparing art used on other releases sold in different packages in the same country...

Reactions: psychoscot
Isnt there about 5 different cuts of this movie?

The German UE box set is the best one to get -

Click the spoiler for details -

Blu-ray B Germany - Koch Media

Extras:

DISC ONE: Blu-ray
*The Film (Director's Cut)
Audio commentary with Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi & Ivan Raimi
Poster Gallery
German Trailer
English Trailer
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
German Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
English and German subtitles
1.78:1

DISC TWO: Blu-ray
*The Film (International Version and US Version)
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (US Version only)
1.85:1

DISC THREE: DVD
*The Film (Director's Cut)
Audio commentary with Bruce Campbell, Sam Raimi & Ivan Raimi
German Trailer
English Trailer
English and German
1.78:1

DISC FOUR: DVD
*The Film (International Version)

DISC FIVE: DVD
*The Film (US Theatrical)

DISC SIX: DVD
*The Film (TV version)
"Creating the Deadites" featurette (21:29)
"Making Of" featurette (4:40)
Interviews (4:50)
"Behind the Scenes" featurette (4:29)
Deleted Scenes x4 (with optional commentary with Bruce Campbell)
Evil Dead Tribute (1:22)
Trailers - German, American, United Kingdom
Teaser
TV Spot
VHS Commerical

The artwork is great but the lack of a title is really disappointing.

Why would it be £19.99 or possibly higher? The vast majority of these 'ultra limited' releases have been £17.99.

You of all people know Zavvi like to milk it. Even if it is £17.99, which is what it will likely be, for a catalogue release it's too expensive and should be at best £14.99 but Zavvi know they will get away with it and it'll sell out.

Bruce Campbell vs Army of Darkness :hilarious:

2k print run so half of the collectors could own Evil Dead 1 and 2 and not Army Of Darkness? Not fair.

fyi WEA is a term used by any retailer that releases unique art to that packaging. It never has had anything to do with comparing art used on other releases sold in different packages in the same country...

So the WEA in this instance does only apply to steelbooks then? Even though this is the only steelbook to have been released?

In my opinion WEA should mean WEA; not WEA to steelbooks but the same art as the amaray.

if you look for example at Unknown it doesnt even mean unique art in steelbook form, they just need change the spine a little or something else and its WEA, imo this term means absolutly nothing.

Reactions: PoisonClan
So the WEA in this instance does only apply to steelbooks then? Even though this is the only steelbook to have been released?

In my opinion WEA should mean WEA; not WEA to steelbooks but the same art as the amaray.

Please enjoy my WEP.

World Exclusive Post :hilarious:

Yeah, I find it kind of crappy as well, but at least they aren't calling them WEA because they are the first and then recycling the design in different countries steels. :angry:

World Exclusive Post :hilarious:

Yeah, I find it kind of crappy as well, but at least they aren't calling them WEA because they are the first and then recycling the design in different countries steels. :angry:

WEA (World Exclusive Answer):

what they do is a lot more crappy, they are the second and call it WEA because they recycled the artworks from diffrent countries ;)

meh got the German CE and this could never match that in terms of content and not to mention the WEA that has been used since VHS not that its bad artwork its classic but its not WEA I think it says alot about zavvi's train of thought concerning steelbooks and there customers it says these idiots will by anything if we make it 2k and we say its WEA this steel will def sell out but others will not has collectors are getting tired of this constant wave of low quality steelbooks