Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
3.38 star(s) Rating: 3.38/5 8 Votes
Title: Army of the Dead

Genre: Horror, Action

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Dave Bautista, Ella Purnell, Theo Rossi, Huma Qureshi, Ana de la Reguera

Release: 2020-12-31

Plot: During a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble: venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Felt more and more disappointed with this the longer it went on. The entire plot was a total waste of time, and therefore so was the movie itself.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Just finished watching this listening on my headphones - outstanding high quality production, just a tad above average acting (Bautista was excellent), storyline not as fresh even though I knew very little about it. I also thought it had great action and special effects. I will give it another watch this weekend at reference volume

Netflix must have goofed up, it has it listed as just high definition but as it started playing I checked my output and it was definitely in Dolby Atmos so go figure. Sounded pretty decent too. :thumbs:

What made me laugh out loud when I saw it was when the safe cracker puts his ear up to the safe to crack it... I was like :rofl::rofl::rofl: yeah right. Not even a stethoscope, just his ear alone. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Just watched it.. I think it was alright and had a lot of potential but it had it moments where it failed. Overall I don't regret watching it but it could have been better IMO.
Wish I saw more of Valentine though..

Just watched it with my mate and absolutely f**king loved it. Even better than dawn of the dead which I also love. Absolutely savage and enjoyable.
I don’t get the hate. I must of watched a different movie. Excellent zombie film

Reactions: Lord Vader
Felt more and more disappointed with this the longer it went on. The entire plot was a total waste of time, and therefore so was the movie itself.

I always find that a bad excuse. If I went by that rule then so many films would be pointless to me. Like most coen brothers films. I like that no one wins in this and in certain other films. Plans don’t always go to plan

Saw it opening Friday in theaters. I really enjoyed it for what it was. Rewatchable, popcorn flick with zombies. It’s not going to blow you away or gain massive critical acclaim but suspend some disbelief and give it a watch tonight on Netflix tonight.

Reactions: Flloydo
I think people just like to sh!t on Snyder. That’s all I can come up with. Because this was pure entertainment

Reactions: Lone Crusader
A beautiful symmetry with this film. Watching it I felt like the zombie, and the film itself was killing my brain. Absolute trash in my opinion. Not sure how Snyder could follow up Justice League, and absolute triumph, with something this bad. I love Bautista as well, but even he couldn't save this.

I love some of Zack Snyders works (Watchmen is one of my favourite films ever, 300 is incredible as well, I really enjoy his DC films) but this was 2,5 hours wasted time. I wanted to like it, but it leads absolutely f*ing nowhere, and it's such a shame. Also, how do we in 2021 still have CGI that looks this awful? If you watch the film long enough it isn't bad but watching the trailers out of context plus the start of the film it looks ridiculous. Just don't show a destroyed Las Vegas in 20 drone shots when you can't afford it, just my opinion, reading the reviews on rotten tomatoes no one else seems to care about it, though.

"I don't know if I just missed a ton of stuff or was there a lot of interesting things that this film should have tackled but didn't? One of the dead skeletons had the same necklace around it's neck as the woman who's in love with Dave's Character, a key of some sorts, this weirdly played into the whole being trapped in an endless loop thingy the black guy talked about in a joking manner. Another thing was that we see that some of the zombies are actually robots or something? Some have blue, shining eyes and in one case we see the metal jaw popping off when shot in the head. I wish they would have explained that stuff more without needing to watch a f*ing sequel/prequel/whatever."

Last edited:
Only saw the first 30 minutes and was not able to finish. I thought it was meh, and the cgi helicopter pilot was a total mismatch for the movie.... But hey, adding her was the '2021-political-correct-way-to-kill-a-movie', a woman with male characteristics, replacing a male actor who got me2'ed :(

Man, Covid-19 really killed the movie business. After 'G vs K', Mortal Kombat and now this.... I'm holding my breath for what to come but it doesn't look good :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
Only saw the first 30 minutes and was not able to finish. I thought it was meh, and the cgi helicopter pilot was a total mismatch for the movie.... But hey, adding her was the '2021-political-correct-way-to-kill-a-movie', a woman with male characteristics, replacing a male actor who got me2'ed :(

Man, Covid-19 really killed the movie business. After 'G vs K', Mortal Kombat and now this.... I'm holding my breath for what to come but it doesn't look good :(
which actor got replaced?

[EDIT] nvm just checked its Chris d'elia but I never liked that guy anyway dont think hes funny and neither is the ''female;'' they replaced him with (if you wanna call that a female :shipped:)

Last edited:
I always find that a bad excuse. If I went by that rule then so many films would be pointless to me. Like most coen brothers films. I like that no one wins in this and in certain other films. Plans don’t always go to plan
Lol what "rule" you talking about?