Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

Can't bring myself to cave in for this one. Looks atrocious to me.

Agree with everything @Apollon said in #241 and I add that the lenti seems average at best.

Definitely sad to see no one else is doing a premium release of this movie, which is one of the best I've seen in 2016.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
are we sure that no other premium retailer is doing this movie...? no even any rumors?
because this looks ugly as hell and i'd been looking forward to it for a while....

Can't bring myself to cave in for this one. Looks atrocious to me.

Agree with everything @Apollon said in #241 and I add that the lenti seems average at best.

Definitely sad to see no one else is doing a premium release of this movie, which is one of the best I've seen in 2016.

I'm skipping this edition. Might pick up a standalone steelbook without all the fluff or wait longer in case another retailer decides to dress up the steelbook with a better slip - it wouldn't be a challenge to top this one.

• Thanks
Reactions: icharlie17
The lenti is practically a duplicate of Gravity...poor effort. Will just have to wait for Hdzeta's WEA or WWA 300 print run. The stand alone steel is more than sufficient for the time being.

No more discs since most don't even open their editions :p

I think it's because some people may want to see where the egregious prices come from, and sometimes it's justified by bonus discs or 3D discs... there are none here, it's just one 2D Disc.

13 months ago, Birdman, a new film (WEA steelbook too) with full slip, flip-flop lenti, 36-page booklet, postcards, numbering card, sticker, etc, was 699 CZK.

699 CZK.

Arrival has the same content except for a keychain. I'd be positively surprised if it's 699 CZK like birdman a year ago, but I'd be happy if it's 799 CZK.

I sadly expect it to be overpriced at 899 CZK (or even worse, 999 CZK) bc FA will keep this trend going until we say "no" with our wallets, unless they come back to their senses on their own.

The only thing I really like about that BS is the lenti, which should have either been the steelbook or slip art IMO. The front image of the steel would've made a cool lenti with the smokey circle moving/changing. As it is, it's a pass for me on this one unfortunately.