Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

The photo is only a mock up
The actual full slip I'm sure will end up been slightly different and usually the title on FAC Full Slips is embossed
It does say in the photo for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary

The i might end up showing in the final actual full slip

In the end when all is said and done, I just don't like it - it feels weird, I just keep reading it like two separate words (that make no sense - my minds jumps to "pirates"). Hopefully somebody will make a better version.
You got a point. To someone who doesn't know a thing about this movie, that person might think it's an scandinavian sci-fi movie. ;-)

ARR VAL (probably swedish) ;-)

I guess I'm not getting it--the lenticular seems kind of bland to me. It just changes between two nearly identical headshots of the leads? None of the pieces of this edition really seem to go together in any unified, thematic way. And . . . a keychain. Hopefully someone else will pick up this title for a nicer edition.

The photo is only a mock up
The actual full slip I'm sure will end up been slightly different and usually the title on FAC Full Slips is embossed
It does say in the photo for illustration purposes only. Actual product may vary

The i might end up showing in the final actual full slip

The design is confirmed, The actual product design won't change (I've had this confirmed by FA)

I really love the WWA Steelbook and rest of Bonus Items. I think it's a very nice Package :thumbs:

They usually show the Blu-ray Disk however...it is a nice WEA Disk for Don't Breathe, I hope Sony did a nice BD with a circle on it that would be cool, just Black on white.

Same old flip flop lenticular. I will still buy this

I'm getting a little tired of the flip flop lentis at the minute, especially if it's going to be similar to the likes of the X-Men run as they are terrible. Way too dark and it's hard to see anything.

I don't know why FA have such a hard time with lentis, don't get me wrong some of the ones they have done have been excellent but more recently they are certainly lacking.

All they need to do is look at the Korean Scanavo case release of Apocalypto as that's got a great flip flop lenti with a superb depth transition. It can be done and I'd assume it's not hard to accomplish

I'm getting a little tired of the flip flop lentis at the minute, especially if it's going to be similar to the likes of the X-Men run as they are terrible. Way too dark and it's hard to see anything.

I don't know why FA have such a hard time with lentis, don't get me wrong some of the ones they have done have been excellent but more recently they are certainly lacking.

All they need to do is look at the Korean Scanavo case release of Apocalypto as that's got a great flip flop lenti with a superb depth transition. It can be done and I'd assume it's not hard to accomplish

Indeed they have done Superb ones ! So they can ! Just don't know it seems like they are taking the easy route lately.
@paulboland @luke98 since you guys go on the Facebook and can contact Jan, can you guys slip a word in as to why they are not putting
the effort needed into the magnet lenticular as they have done before ? I guess worded differently, but to ask the question it might make them
question the lack of effort in that area !?

I was thinking that too. Their last few 'dark' ones were very hard to see any real detail. eg: X-Men Apocalypse, Dredd (slipcover) Edward Scissorhands.

I find the 'brighter' lentis much better eg: Rogue Nation, Sicario etc....
Although The Martian was also poor.