Arrival (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #68) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 15, 2017 (Standard) - April 19, 2017 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 699 CZK (Standard) - 899 CZK (FAC)
Note: Limited to 1000 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

16665132_1649195895096958_2657487088027561466_o-jpg.292428

Arrival.JPG
film_23063_3.jpg film_23063_4.jpg

You guys are not being realistic. Instead of shrinking the size of the ship, they should extend the "ARR VAL" to match the size of the ship. :thumbs:

@C.C. 95 How about you do what you normally do and show everyone what i mean? :LOL:;)

Anyways, i wanted to get every premium release for this movie but FA is making me have second thoughts about that decision. I've already watched the film so i know it's called Arrival. So even if i can get past the "hidden" 'I', the back artwork is still ******. :dunno:

is it too much to ask for PA or BF to pick up this title? :coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Hi guys,

I have 2 things, one question to you, and one is my humble opinion regarding the design that FAC choose for this edition, with "the missing I".

Q: although I had put a "watch with e-mail" on this thread, and received in the past, for the last few weeks I received no e-mail from this thread and now I see there are double the pages I knew; WHY is that? or WHAT I did wrong?

Opinion: as I said, IMHO (and I really do not want to offend anyone), I think the intention was to emphasize once more the "non-linear" way of thinking and viewing things, future that is closer than "now", and farther (and BIGGER) ship that seems closer than the title that is up-close; just thinking, the whole concept of the movie, with "non-linear perception" (of time, and also of math, if you recall that part of the movie ;)); but, I also might be biased, and therefore wrong.
And after all, this is just the slip, or also the steel design?

So what do you think?

Also, I think the design that I see will be on the steelbook almost everywhere, it is quite inspired, since it captures the MAJOR moment of the movie,
when Louise starts to write in heptapods language, but for now she can with just one hand, as we all are used to; would be probably even more explicit if they had included in the picture "the hand" of the heptapod, but then I believe would had been over-crowded and also more spoiler than it is with that unfinished "circle-word-phrase" which make you wonder and want to know more.
So one in all, I think the design of the steelbook is quite good, and Zavvi's design is also good, but as someone else said, if they will not make any embosing or at least to choose the "human" word, then would be just flat-out; nevertheless, I surely still want to have both, but I should see what I can get and especially what I can afford!
Have I said that this is just MHO? :naughty::D:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: although I had put a "watch with e-mail" on this thread, and received in the past, for the last few weeks I received no e-mail from this thread and now I see there are double the pages I knew; WHY is that? or WHAT I did wrong?
I'm not sure why that is. Any idea @apsmith21?

Also, I think the design that I see will be on the steelbook almost everywhere, it is quite inspired, since it captures the MAJOR moment of the movie,
when Louise starts to write in heptapods language, but for now she can with just one hand, as we all are used to; would be probably even more explicit if they had included in the picture "the hand" of the heptapod, but then I believe would had been over-crowded and also more spoiler than it is with that unfinished "circle-word-phrase" which make you wonder and want to know more.
So one in all, I think the design of the steelbook is quite good, and Zavvi's design is also good, but as someone else said, if they will not make any embosing or at least to choose the "human" word, then would be just flat-out; nevertheless, I surely still want to have both, but I should see what I can get and especially what I can afford!
I've not seen the movie! Please use spoiler tags! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:

I've not seen the movie! Please use spoiler tags! :thumbs:
I've added spoiler tags. Please feel free to report any posts that contain spoilers in future, so we can act on them quicker. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie

I'm not sure why that is. Any idea @apsmith21?

Have you visited this thread since the last e-mail alert you received? It won't send another alert until you visit the thread again.

You won't get an e-mail for each and every post.

I 'm REALLY REALLY SORRY, I didn't thought that here could be anyone that did not had seen the movie by now.

Also I did not know that there are such tags for spoilers, and consequently how to use them.

About the issue with notifications, I'm not entirely sure, but I think I visited this forum right after the last notification (because of it); also, I was under impression that once I subscribed and choose e-mail notification, I will receive them, each and every new post is made; if not every single one, at least once a day with a summary or something.
So now you tell me that I have to come to this specific thread/forum even just for receiving notifications that there are new posts on in... then I wonder, what's the point of notification if I have to check the status myself?!? Or maybe I understand wrong, then please forgive me, I admit it, I do not have so much "forums experience "

Once again, sorry if I done something wrong or offended anyone! Was surely NOT my intention!

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
I 'm REALLY REALLY SORRY, I didn't thought that here could be anyone that did not had seen the movie by now.

Also I did not know that there are such tags for spoilers, and consequently how to use them.

About the issue with notifications, I'm not entirely sure, but I think I visited this forum right after the last notification (because of it); also, I was under impression that once I subscribed and choose e-mail notification, I will receive them, each and every new post is made; if not every single one, at least once a day with a summary or something.
So now you tell me that I have to come to this specific thread/forum even just for receiving notifications that there are new posts on in... then I wonder, what's the point of notification if I have to check the status myself?!? Or maybe I understand wrong, then please forgive me, I admit it, I do not have so much "forums experience "

Once again, sorry if I done something wrong or offended anyone! Was surely NOT my intention!

It's ok, don't worry about it. You were just given a friendly reminder that's all :)

If you need help figuring things around the forums, feel free to PM myself or any of the other mods who happen to be online.