Assassin's Creed III (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook) [North America]

FanOfGaming

Steelbook, POP & Statue Collector
Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
EDIT: Looks like this will be a North American release and not a Future Shop exclusive as previously thought

- G1 Only
- NO Discs, Steelbook is empty
- Given with pre-orders IN STORE ONLY, website pre-orders will NOT get the steelbook (confirmed at FS & BB, unsure about EB)

Future Shop pre-order: Assassin's Creed III PS3

EB Games pre-order: Assassin's Creed III

Best Buy Canada pre-order: Assassin's Creed III

Steelbook appears to be the same one as the USA release.

ass3steel-01.jpg

ass3steel-02.jpg

Thanks to Leshita for the pictures!

Attachments

• assassins creed 3.jpg
    assassins creed 3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I hope the rumours of the new setting and character is true for this game! I am all for Italy, but would not mind the rumoured American Revolution setting for a change. :)

PS: Ancient Egypt and Ancient China I would love as well.

Me too. I love the Altair/Ezio storyline so far, but IMO it's starting to get a bit stale. Give us another Assassin and their timeline/origin to follow. On another forum someone suggested that a woman assassin would be something worth exploring.

Update: so the 3,300 on order have now disappeared in the system and become 0 on order, yet the release date has stayed the same :confused:

Might start a thread on future shop community forum and see if I can get any concrete info from there

Update: so the 3,300 on order have now disappeared in the system and become 0 on order, yet the release date has stayed the same :confused:

Might start a thread on future shop community forum and see if I can get any concrete info from there

I've been checking future shop's website for it to show up and nothing. It's really weird, the Prototype 2 is scheduled for April 24th and it showed up a few weeks ago, and this one is supposed to be release next tuesday and nothing :wtf:

Weirder and weirder...

I've been checking future shop's website for it to show up and nothing. It's really weird, the Prototype 2 is scheduled for April 24th and it showed up a few weeks ago, and this one is supposed to be release next tuesday and nothing :wtf:

Weirder and weirder...

Yeah I think it has to be a mistake, I looked at this friday's upcoming flyer too and no mention of it in there.

I've started the aforementioned thread on futureshop.ca so hopefully they will give us some info to go on

Reactions: biscuitnoir
The game has been confirmed to come out at the end of October I think and will be during the American Revolution. I think some are saying you play as a Native Indian assassin. :D

I am not digging the direction where they are taking the story. What does the American revolution have to do with the Templars? I guess I am just not a fan of American history, Revelations is probably the last Assassin's Creed game I will play.

I am not digging the direction where they are taking the story. What does the American revolution have to do with the Templars? I guess I am just not a fan of American history, Revelations is probably the last Assassin's Creed game I will play.

I think it will be another story...

I think it will be another story...

Then, personally, it no longer is Assassin's Creed...

Premise of the game was the Templars were searching for the object. If it's a different story then it no longer follows the original vision, right? I could be wrong, but hey just not for me anymore.

Then, personally, it no longer is Assassin's Creed...

Premise of the game was the Templars were searching for the object. If it's a different story then it no longer follows the original vision, right? I could be wrong, but hey just not for me anymore.

I am pretty sure there will still be Templars, most likely some of the founding fathers of America will be Templars because the founder of America's primary goal was to enslave the population and create a mindless breed of consumers and workers (pretty sure the story will be something like that). I know it does not really make sense historically, but you must take a leap of faith (;)) with game narrative.
The conspiracy is global and this game will link in terms of story with the grand narrative. The Ezio and Altair stories are complete though I think, this will be a brand new character(s) but it will still link with the overall narrative.

I am pretty sure there will still be Templars, most likely some of the founding fathers of America will be Templars because the founder of America's primary goal was to enslave the population and create a mindless breed of consumers and workers (pretty sure the story will be something like that). I know it does not really make sense historically, but you must take a leap of faith (;)) with game narrative.
The conspiracy is global and this game will link in terms of story with the grand narrative. The Ezio and Altair stories are complete though I think, this will be a brand new character(s) but it will still link with the overall narrative.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Red Coats are the Templars and the new assassin is one of the American rebels, and the Americans have the object and the British are trying to take it from them because it was smuggled out of England to the new world. Then somehow in AC4 Hitler gets it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Red Coats are the Templars and the new assassin is one of the American rebels, and the Americans have the object and the British are trying to take it from them because it was smuggled out of England to the new world. Then somehow in AC4 Hitler gets it.

That could work too, though I personally prefer having the Americans as the bad guys since they are usually portrayed as the 'good guys' in movies. :p
I still got to finish AC: Brotherhood and Revelations before this one comes out.

I hope they get to some Asian countries eventually, such as Ancient China, because I would love to finally learn some Chinese history, would love them to do this next gen on the PS4 and Xbox 3. It would be amazing if they can get a full Chinese cast to do the vocals and have the whole game in Mandarin with English subtitles if one chooses (can use the normal English dialogue by default)... though if it was in Cantonese then I can understand too, might not be as historically accurate though unless it is set in the Canton region or HK. :p

That could work too, though I personally prefer having the Americans as the bad guys since they are usually portrayed as the 'good guys' in movies. :p
I still got to finish AC: Brotherhood and Revelations before this one comes out.

I hope they get to some Asian countries eventually, such as Ancient China, because I would love to finally learn some Chinese history, would love them to do this next gen on the PS4 and Xbox 3. It would be amazing if they can get a full Chinese cast to do the vocals and have the whole game in Mandarin with English subtitles if one chooses (can use the normal English dialogue by default)... though if it was in Cantonese then I can understand too, might not be as historically accurate though unless it is set in the Canton region or HK. :p

I still have yet to finish AC2 (just started playing it on monday after being in the backlog). The Ancient china version would be cool, but think about the current story line: All of the Assassins have been ancestors of Desmond's so i dont really see how they could go to ancient china, maybe through a different character once Desmond's story is done?