Autographed Movie/Comic-Con And Other SteelBooks™

So I just found out Comicon is coming to Ottawa this weekend, can still get tickets for Sunday but thinking of getting the following Steels signed.

Star Trek FS Steel by William Shatner

Serenity Steel by Adam Baldwin

Hulk Horizontal Steel by Lou Ferrigno

Battlestar Galactica The Plan by Jamie Bamber

**Feel free to post pics, if you have any autographed Steels**

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome! SteelBooks are perfect for autographs, I think. Just use the right kind of pen of course). The only question is should they sign it on the plastic wrap to keep it sealed or on the SteelBook itself. Personally, I would have them sign it on the SteelBook, but that's just me.

Have fun!

OK, I get the others but why have Shatner sign a movie he's not in? I could see if it was Nimoy, that would make sense.

Was thinking since he's one of the main Star Trek known actors why not...even though I don't care about Star Trek except the new movie, would still be cool to have him sign it..too bad am gonna miss him.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

That's awesome! SteelBooks are perfect for autographs, I think. Just use the right kind of pen of course). The only question is should they sign it on the plastic wrap to keep it sealed or on the SteelBook itself. Personally, I would have them sign it on the SteelBook, but that's just me.

Have fun!

All my Steelbooks are open so ya going to have to get them to sign the steel. Maybe should take my own permanent marker just in case they only have pens?

He may not be in it ... but the front art is like art thus it still resembles it ... If you took out the new disc and inserted an old. :p

Lou really isnt in others, very small cameos ... but people dont mind that.

Use Sharpies. They make a Silver one now that works well on the steels. that's what i got my Thor signed with.

Have fun - be ready to stand in line and have a ton of cash on you ;p

Fine tip Sharpie is the best!

Ya was thinking the same thing. Maybe bring one silver and one black, depending on the color of the SteelBook.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Use Sharpies. They make a Silver one now that works well on the steels. that's what i got my Thor signed with.

Looks awesome with the silver Sharpie. Perfect choice!

ha thanks, how much do the actors usually charge for autographs?

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Fine tip Sharpie is the best!

I'll go out and buy one but I want to make sure it doesn't smudge.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Actually, paint pens wright better on steel surfaces and it tends to show up better too. They're almost as sharp as a sharpie but a little thicker tip. You can find them in the arts and crafts section of Walmart. :)

Ok great thanks. I might have to take a look as long as they don't smudge lol that would really suck..

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Thanks for all your feedback guys. I'll have to buy a Silver one and maybe use that for the Hulk DVD Steelbook as long as its not like 20$ per autograph in which case I'll just do the Horizontal Steel and maybe dig out an Incredible Hulk Comic to sign too :) Maybe the BSG Steel I'll use Silver too :)

Reactions: spawnshop
Hey guys, added a note to OP, but if anyone has any Steelbooks they've already had autographed, feel free to post pics in this thread. Have fun! :scat:

Reactions: spawnshop