splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

OK so went to see this last weekend and it was great. I prolly won't buy it right away on Blu because I'm not sure it will have the same affect on the small screne. I do have one beef with it tho and that's that I had a hard time concentrating on what was going on because I was looking at those cute little alien titties runnin' all over the place, DAMN!!!

:hilarious:

just got back from seeing it again, and i can tell you truthfully that i enjoyed it just as much as i did the first time seeing it. i havent seen a movie twice in full priced theaters since LOTR, and ive gone twice to 3D which is like $5 more than movies back then.

and im already thinking about when i can go see it again. :drool:

Some people have too many issues they need to get over in order to be happy. I was puzzled by this article when I read it earlier today. The complaints are just stupid.

its more on the line of, "i have an idea that hasn't been heard yet (because the movie is brand new) and it will get a lot of people angry (i.e. many people will read about it getting me fame and $$$$), i'm going to make a big stink about it even though there is little to no groundwork for the point to even be made."

the fact that they are just tossing jake sully into the "white" category without considering his racial preferences (maybe he thinks of himself as irish?) is itself racial stereotyping.

its hypocrisy in its truest form. in order to play the "race card," you have to bring attention to the divisional ideals of race, which requires a level of racism.

the best thing we can do is hit these people in the face if we ever see them in public.

ha ha ha ha ha ha some people really need to get out of the hole they live in.

That is just an example of how stupid and pitty society has become today.

Next week will be the film is being racist to smurfs.

ha ha ha ha ha ha some people really need to get out of the hole they live in.

That is just an example of how stupid and pitty society has become today.

Next week will be the film is being racist to smurfs.

15 minutes of fame here I come!

Nah seriously, I'm getting so tired of the race card to complain about things, kill whitey, etc... Let's check the baggage at the door and STFU plzkthxbai

How could that be racist? Some people look at thinks way to literally...

Sure, I could see that. But does it really matter? Not really.

They were from the same race at the time the battle took place. Minus the AVATAR body. At the end of the film ran longer and the battle didn't go as it did, and then the guy asked him that, then I could see people getting ticked.

it's a great Film, thats it!

RI

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20100112/en_huffpost/420605

The beautiful alien planet Pandora depicted in James Cameron's 'Avatar' is so captivating that some audience members are becoming depressed and even suicidal when they fail to find meaning in real life after the film is over.

Writes Jo Piazza for CNN.com:
On the fan forum site "Avatar Forums," a topic thread entitled "Ways to cope with the depression of the dream of Pandora being intangible," has received more than 1,000 posts from people experiencing depression and fans trying to help them cope. The topic became so popular last month that forum administrator Philippe Baghdassarian had to create a second thread so people could continue to post their confused feelings about the movie.

Here are just a few of the ways people are coping on Avatar-Forums.com :

"I just watched avatar a few weeks ago and I'm feeling depressed and sad. It's like I want to reach out and be in Pandora. I'd do anything to be in Pandora. I've tried so hard to dream about me being on Pandora but it hasn't worked."

:hilarious:

I like how in the writer says the movie is racist then in the same breath calls Native Americans "Indians." What if I have issue with that? Since they are CLEARLY not Indian nor are they from India.

You can pick apart EVERYTHING! I agree that the white savior story-line is a bit played out, but in this instance (and a few others) he ONLY becomes a savior because he knows what he's up against (guns, machines, etc) whereas the natives haven't ever seen the technology before.

I guess they could have put Will Smith as the lead...

Woman Shot At Avatar Screening!

In keeping with the tradition of new Avatar threads...

This report from New Mexico about a poor woman who was shot in the ankle while watching Avatar at her local theater!

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3V7LAsvLCk8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3V7LAsvLCk8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, can someone PM me and tell me how to put youtube video in here? I can get them to work in the PS3 forum, but never in the movie forum... what am I doing wrong?

lol. as crazy as this sounds, i can actually see where this is coming from. my guess is that these people are emotionally unstable to begin with. they probably are unsatisfied with something in their life or having feelings of hopelessness, and are looking for some fantastical outlet to cope with these feelings. then they go see avatar, get emotionally attached to the movie and the world with its people, then go through some sort of withdrawal or separation anxiety which can cause depressional feelings.

ive heard about similar things happening with other media sources. some people have become completely obsessed with shows like the simpsons, and wish they lived in that world.