Avatar: The Way of Water (4K+2D Blu-ray & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 26, 2023
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £34.99 (4K) - £29.99 (3D)

Avatar The Way of The Water 4K Pack Shot.jpg

Avatar The Way of The Water 4K.jpg Avatar The Way of The Water 3D.jpg Avatar Back.jpg Avatar Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, 3D is a BD 1080p format, so the discs are 25 SL and 50gb DL max (there are 100gb BD-XL ones but I guess they're not compatible, only for specific burners), and UHD start at 50, 66 DL, and these are tripple layer 100gb ones Disney whipped out for the first time (for their releases, other companies have had them before for some long titles like this).

Reactions: GeoRattray
Best to get the 3d steelbook then if you want to add the 4k later as it will allow you to fit 4 discs instead of 4k steelbook with 3 disc slots. Might be able to put one disc on top of another

Reactions: samdavies
Yeah you ain’t getting a spine title unless there’s a premium

Not bad art though and will do me for now

So is there going to be a steel for the first avatar 4K release?

Yeah you ain’t getting a spine title unless there’s a premium

Not bad art though and will do me for now

So is there going to be a steel for the first avatar 4K release?
Nothing yet, no. The US amaray has gone up, and there's no sign there either, so I'm thinking perhaps not. I'm alright with my old chinese Ironpack tbh, but I was expecting a 4K steel.

Reactions: Flloydo
Dishney think people of the world are so dumb and illiterate, they won't be able to read a one word title of a multi-billion dollar movie, that's been on every corner for a decade, and are actively 'protecting' them from such 'triggering' agony.
Same on US amaray releases?
...well, same applies. :naughty: