Avatar: The Way of Water (4K+2D Blu-ray & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 26, 2023
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £34.99 (4K) - £29.99 (3D)

Avatar The Way of The Water 4K Pack Shot.jpg

Avatar The Way of The Water 4K.jpg Avatar The Way of The Water 3D.jpg Avatar Back.jpg Avatar Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, now that HMV have the Disney steelbooks we can finally get a break from all the Zavvi bashing.

Oh look, a non-Zavvi Disney steelbook with no title on the spine. Maybe it was Disney all this time making these decisions and not Zavvi.
No intelligent person on here blamed zavvi for that kind of thing

Ordered the 3d version, still have a rig to watch it.

However, A is for Apple, A is for Avengers, A is for Avatar. Could have gone for broke on the spine and have square pictures of the Jake Sully Na'vi family harking back to them Marvel days that we all loved. Oh wait...

Reactions: PixarAnimated
It's available with DV VOD and D+, yes. TBC if it's DV on disc or not. It doesn't say on the slip, but not all releases do. The press release didn't specify HDR type either, so we'll have to see.

Doesn’t have the logo but it does for Dolby Atmos. Here’s to hoping but looks unlikely.

Doesn’t have the logo but it does for Dolby Atmos. Here’s to hoping but looks unlikely.
There are a fair few that didn't have the DV logo, bond films from fox spring to mind. Alitta didn't in the UK either, even though it also had DV, neither did star wars ep8 and black panther. God god knows what disney will do.. It may well not have DV, but I did think Cameron may push for it. Have to see.

Fingers crossed, just that they emphasise Dolby Atmos next to ‘immersive audio’ and didn’t emphasise DV next to hdr is a little worrisome. I know other Disney releases like Moana only got HDR despite having DV on Disney+ .. still Moana looked better than the stream.

Fingers crossed, just that they emphasise Dolby Atmos next to ‘immersive audio’ and didn’t emphasise DV next to hdr is a little worrisome. I know other Disney releases like Moana only got HDR despite having DV on Disney+ .. still Moana looked better than the stream.
Disney have a standard template for 4K rears now, so it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't think to edit it to say DV. Almost all their releases have atmos on anyway, so that's standard. They even keep atmos on there for some releases that don't lol

• Wow
Oh well, now that HMV have the Disney steelbooks we can finally get a break from all the Zavvi bashing.

Oh look, a non-Zavvi Disney steelbook with no title on the spine. Maybe it was Disney all this time making these decisions and not Zavvi.
Back in the early days of steelbooks, Zavvi used to have forums and they made out they worked with the manufacturers on the design of steelbooks. I very much doubt they did. I don’t know why Disney just don’t stop producing steel books when you see the little effort put into this and those pitiful Disney 100 Star Wars steels. They are just laughable.

Zavvi really did lose Disney/Fox… crazy.

I guess I'll get 3D as the format is dead, there’ll be 4K discs around forever
Prompts me to think about my Red Carpet membership. Just checked my orders, and I last had stuff from them back in November last year. My subscription gets charged in September, so it's just about been worth it so far since my last payment, but only just.

Prompts me to think about my Red Carpet membership. Just checked my orders, and I last had stuff from them back in November last year. My subscription gets charged in September, so it's just about been worth it so far since my last payment, but only just.
I won’t bother renewing mine if this exclusivity stops. To be honest I’d rather buy from HMV / Amazon. It’s as bad as Sky still charging £10 extra to see HD content.