Avatar: The Way of Water (4K+2D Blu-ray & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 26, 2023
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £34.99 (4K) - £29.99 (3D)

Avatar The Way of The Water 4K Pack Shot.jpg

Avatar The Way of The Water 4K.jpg Avatar The Way of The Water 3D.jpg Avatar Back.jpg Avatar Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow
Am legit surprised Cameron let that fly....
Don't think it's really his call on the steelbook formats. US 3D support finished way before Europe, so an amaray is about all they could expect. Most regions are the same actually. I think it's only UK and DE that have 3D steels. Everywhere else is 4K.

Don't think it's really his call on the steelbook formats. US 3D support finished way before Europe, so an amaray is about all they could expect. Most regions are the same actually. I think it's only UK and DE that have 3D steels. Everywhere else is 4K.
Pretty sure Japan will continue with 3D (only place that still releases MCau in 3D post-covid, sadly)

1QDQymK.jpg

Spine Magnet with full title, pictured is the US steel but should still line up with ROW steels.

It’s far better with title on spine. :thanks:

Now we just have to press discs with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, and put some varnish on the ZF European steelbook, and it will be a perfect set.
Disney brought us a brand new concept: let’s call it "pimp my steel". :naughty:

Next step: Disney will sell us blank steelbooks with a set of paint. They started to test the market with the Disney 100 line. :D

BTW, seen the first pics of the European steelbook and one at a retailer. Finishing is really disappointing, particularly for this movie. And probably no premiums to wait.