Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_8958.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have gone for this had the artwork being a better match for the Zavvi edition of the first film. I don't know what they were thinking going with this artwork.

Bit late to the party and missed the code but ordered anyway.

As far as I can see front artwork not taken from original film poster and is original/unique to this steelbook and the closest I can find is this minimalist movie poster designed by MARVEL COMICS CANVAS ARTWORK . . . and a few assorted others with two quite retro looking:-

Just checked again and found this image listed as "PsBattle Ultron from Avengers 2:-

Original poster choices not really great for the front cover artwork apart from maybe this first one which continues the design / theme seen on *previous AVENGERS steels* . . . with maybe one of the other two on the back:-
avengers_age_of_ultron_ver27.jpg
......................... *
129589_large.jpg
47638_large.jpg
143246_large.jpg
Back . . .

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: chunk
Bit late to the party and missed the code but ordered anyway.

As far as I can see front artwork not taken from original poster artwork and is original/unique to this steelbook and the closest I can find is this minimalist movie poster designed by MARVEL COMICS CANVAS ARTWORK:-
MRV1082.jpg

Original poster choices not really great for the front cover artwork apart from maybe this first one which continues the design / theme seen on *previous AVENGERS steels* . . . with maybe one of the other two on the back:-
avengers_age_of_ultron_ver27.jpg
......................... *
129589_large.jpg
47638_large.jpg
143246_large.jpg
Back . . .

This steelbook image is from the subscribers cover of Empire Magazine

image.jpeg

Reactions: chunk and virkia
Im getting a little annoyed with the Re-releases having spine titles and the first releases not, its making this "hobby" too expensive and im this close to just sticking with the first releases.

Im getting a little annoyed with the Re-releases having spine titles
. . . and lenticular magnets:thumbs:;)

RE: COST - Thank God I can only afford U.K. steelbooks so don't have to worry about those expensive import steels mentioned regularly in every U.K. steelbook thread :p

Reactions: lgans316
. . . and lenticular magnets:thumbs:;)

RE: COST - Thank God I can only afford U.K. steelbooks so don't have to worry about those expensive import steels mentioned regularly in every U.K. steelbook thread :p

Im the same in regards to imports, been sticking to uk releases with a few exceptions and im very happy the dc animated steels are getting released over here.

I like the look of this release but its just annoying having to double dip all the time for the sake of a spine title :(

I love it when I see someone mentioning the lenti magnet as a selling point. They were horrendous previously

You get better lentis with standard uk ammrays

The amount of people on the first wave mentioning throwing them away or chucking them on a fridge instead of with the package says it all really.

I put my Thor one inside the steel it was that bad, and I love displaying lentis

I love it when I see someone mentioning the lenti magnet as a selling point. They were horrendous previously

You get better lentis with standard uk ammrays

The amount of people on the first wave mentioning throwing them away or chucking them on a fridge instead of with the package says it all really.

I put my Thor one inside the steel it was that bad, and I love displaying lentis

The only lenti's i have on the zavvi wave are: Cap 1, 2, Iron man 1,2,3 the thors and avengers were awful. I usualy make my own lenti's these days from the amarays like BvS
52CBEBE5-16E3-4FE1-B5A5-80B24074307F_zpsszd74q9u.jpg

The only lenti's i have on the zavvi wave are: Cap 1, 2, Iron man 1,2,3 the thors and avengers were awful. I usualy make my own lenti's these days from the amarays like BvS
52CBEBE5-16E3-4FE1-B5A5-80B24074307F_zpsszd74q9u.jpg

Yeah I remember one of the caps being decent. Possibly winter soldier

I did see you did that in the other thread. Very cool.

I used to get ammray lentis to do the same but I never got any magnet sheets so I just kept them in a stack lol

• Thanks
Reactions: thewoe
We all know what very limited means with zavvi. Just look at alot of their steels for sale are supposed to be very limited. I bet the print run on this is much more than 4000.

Im getting a little annoyed with the Re-releases having spine titles and the first releases not, its making this "hobby" too expensive and im this close to just sticking with the first releases.

or just wait for the 4k re-release wave. we all know they will come at some point :p