Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 2, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - 3D+2D Collector's Edition - 4K+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (3D+2D CE) - £67.99 (4K+2D CE)
Note: Collector’s Editions limited to only 1500 copies worldwide

12091900-1684684660698726.jpg 12091902-1044684661430090.jpg
12091900-6584684660923096.jpg12091900-7854684664162187.jpg
12091903-3504668117681516.jpg12091903-1234668117803826.jpg12091903-9834668117413490.jpg12091903-7394668117157743.jpg
413662-4496bdd58eb1d133c21f9ed7360a8022.jpg 413661-1de24024a4bb602de4c2fa2f4d49601b.jpg
*advice ordering multiples* be wary ordering multiple editions/copies in a single order if you plan on cancelling when you later decided which edition you want to keep: Zavvi cancellation is not reliable or simple, specially if using discount codes.
2 options:
A - pick and choose - separate orders for each item/edition
B - use the "contact us" option on the website and request for a specific title to be cancelled

(Thanks to Dazzler and Paulboland for pointing this out)

Last edited:
Looks like August 13 is the release date for the blu-ray (July 30 for Digital).

Source: Marvel.com
On July 30, Avengers fans around the world are invited to assemble once more for the in-home release of Avengers: Endgame on Digital in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere, followed by a physical release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand beginning August 13.​
BONUS MATERIAL (MAY VARY BY RETAILER):​
Digital Exclusive:​
  • Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
  • Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
  • Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
  • A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
  • Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
  • The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
  • The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
  • Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
  • Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
  • Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
  • Visionary Intro - Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
  • Audio Commentary - Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

Digital exclusive. I wonder if that is something to persuade people to keep their Digital Copy instead of selling it.
Or to encourage them to try using a digital copy. I have never used one.

Digital exclusive. I wonder if that is something to persuade people to keep their Digital Copy instead of selling it.
Or to encourage them to try using a digital copy. I have never used one.
UK does not get Digital Copy with Disney/Marvel releases
All info in that post relates to USA release

UK release extras not announced yet

Jesus Christ! These effing artworks are getting worse & worse for these standard releases. Steelbook collecting is really going downhill.

The only way it seems now to get an attractive Steelbook is through the WEA route which is mainly through premium retailers so costs an arm and a leg.

I for one haven’t bought a standard release in months, probably close to 2 years actually with exception of Evil Dead 2 Zavvi.

Surely I can’t be the only one who’s getting cheesed off with this??!

Release after release after release, the trend is getting the same, flat, boring artwork churned out time after time.

About 3 years ago was the highlight of steelbooks, great artworks and finishes to boot, even if a boring old flat & matte came out, i was excepting of it as it would be a different addition to the collection. Now it’s all very lazy and not value for money in my opinion, which is a crying shame as these frequent sub par releases have massively tainted a hobby I really enjoyed.

Will have to now wait for the inevitable Blufans and be £70 poorer for it. ( wouldn’t mind if I knew other standard releases of a high calibre came out, a premium felt like a treat then, but alas, it ain’t happening) :angry:

Bonus Features

Audio Commentary
Play Movie with Intro by Directors Joe and Anthony Russo
Remembering Stan Lee
Setting the Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr.
A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America
Black Widow: Whatever It Takes
The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame
The Women of the MCU
Bro Thor
Gag Reel
DELETED SCENE: Goji Berries
DELETED SCENE: Bombs on Board
DELETED SCENE: Suckiest Army in the Galaxy
DELETED SCENE: You Used to Frickin’ Live Here
DELETED SCENE: Tony and Howard
DELETED SCENE: Avengers Take a Knee

Really can't see these collector's boxes being sent out in padded envelopes . . .would be a totally moronic and is not going to happen.

Really can't see these collector's boxes being sent out in padded envelopes . . .would be a totally moronic and is not going to happen.
Have you not ordered box sets from Zavvi before

When it comes to box sets if it fits in a jiffy bag they use that most times even for expensive box sets

Most my box sets orders from Zavvi was shipped in jiffy packaging
Only a rare few orders was shipped in a box with protection inside

Sounds like I'm not the only one but quite disappointed with this art too, although I'm not sure I actually believe this can be the final artwork...
The characters are really sloppily pasted on with no thought whatsoever, no matching of lighting general lack of polish in everything really. Not sure how these things work tbh, is this what they normally do and it'll at least be this design but be finished properly? If not will potentially be cancelling this one. :sorry:
Also
The Hulkbuster is in place of Hulk on this cover which is I guess a spoiler from Endgame and left over from Infinity War? Although the hulk is clearly present on the Art Cards, pins and box :sweat: So this may change by release?

Sounds like I'm not the only one but quite disappointed with this art too, although I'm not sure I actually believe this can be the final artwork...
The characters are really sloppily pasted on with no thought whatsoever, no matching of lighting general lack of polish in everything really. Not sure how these things work tbh, is this what they normally do and it'll at least be this design but be finished properly? If not will potentially be cancelling this one. :sorry:
Also
The Hulkbuster is in place of Hulk on this cover which is I guess a spoiler from Endgame and left over from Infinity War? Although the hulk is clearly present on the Art Cards, pins and box :sweat: So this may change by release?
Artwork on Zavvi website is the final artwork
It's same as Best Buy USA/Canada steelbook

This is a WWA steelbook release only difference will be in some EU countries spine might have photos instead of title
UK steelbook has title on spine

Best Buy and Europe Steelbook release might have differences in terms of finish/embossing used otherwise it's the same

It looks like I’m the only one who actually likes this design. To me it seriously p*sses over most the marvel wwa steels. And it’s good to see all the characters used plus I love the split of who’s left from the snap.

I agree and I’ve mentioned it ages ago that hulkbuster is annoying but I think it’s to edge away from spoilers and also vision being on the back but again I see the back as a tribute to those taken in the snap. So it don’t bother me (plus Loki who is in this film)

But I love this design and I’d be happy to have this in my collection. Personally I can’t stand the standard “A” and at the moment it looks better than the 3 previous avengers WWA steels (4 if you count the age of Ultron vision variant)

I think all the characters look great and I like the way it’s done in a matt Ferguson style (it may even be him)

To me it seems like massive over reaction on here but that’s how it looks to me. I reakon this will change minds once in hand providing the finish is good. Glossy and bossing

The new dumbo and captain marvel steels look amazing too. There are a lot of bad wwa steels or good art with bad finishes but there have also been some amazing ones like the 2 I just mentioned, ant man and the wasp, overlord, homecoming (illustrated) to name some.

Also
Doesn't always follow the US example and when it does the finish and/or treatment may well differ.
When the back and inside art is revealed I'd say the result is pretty final (sadly in this case).

Have you not ordered box sets from Zavvi before When it comes to box sets if it fits in a jiffy bag they use that most times even for expensive box sets
Collector's editions, yes, (boxes)Amaray boxsets, yes, (Jiffy bags) steelbook boxsets, no.
As for Jiffy bags just because a 420 mm (w) x 260 mm (h) x 170 mm (d) Brompton S-bag can fit in one doesn't mean that Zavvi will use them for these expensive steelbook boxsets.
1561590440471.png

Reactions: robbodoc
Doesn't always follow the US example and when it does the finish and/or treatment may well differ.
When the back and inside art is revealed I'd say the result is pretty final (sadly in this case).

Collector's editions, yes, (boxes)Amaray boxsets, yes, (Jiffy bags) steelbook boxsets, no.
As for Jiffy bags just because a 420 mm (w) x 260 mm (h) x 170 mm (d) Brompton S-bag can fit in one doesn't mean that Zavvi will use them for these expensive steelbook boxsets.
Zavvi previous steelbook boxset for transformers collection was shipped in large jiffy bubble mailer as was the universal monsters steelbook collection box set

Zavvi use jiffy/bubble mailers for most box sets be it a cheap or expensive release
It's rare when a box set is shipped in box and even when they do it's lucky dip if they use a box some will have order sent in jiffy and some might be sent in a box
Some customers might get lucky and others not

When shipped from Warrington warehouse you have better chance of box been used
Guernsey warehouse most times box sets it's a bubble mailer/Jiffy

We will now in next 2 weeks what packaging was used for customers orders of Captain Marvel release date is July 15th
Don't be surprised if you see some customers orders sent in jiffy packaging

Anyone know if there's a bonus disc?

Just asking as the Zavvi listing says 2 discs but the updated inside art shows it having a tray for 3
Yes, if you look at the standard releases shown now on amazon, they now show as having the bonus disc as well (states it on the front cover as well), so well spotted with the 3 disc holders.

Also managed to pre-order one of the collectors sets, with the welcome346 code yesterday (everything now sold out again), so will decide if I keep it when the Captain Marvel sets show up in a few weeks and see the quality level. Very concerned about the quality of shipping packaging as they really are the lowest when it comes to boxsets shipped from the channel islands warehouse (they sent my Donnie darko set in a jiffy bag, got mashed...) Morons..

Oh, I dunno, looks to me like they've tinkered with the Matt Ferguson Odeon Cinemas posters lifting, re-posing and multiplying the mini characters, changing the colour scheme and various other tweaks ...
1561634453908.png

... to end up with this uninspiring image lacking the pizzazz of the Odeon posters and TBH prefer floating heads to this mash up:-
1561631759323.png
1561631937713.png

If using mini characters would have preferred the Chris Skinner art with the crumbling 'BIg A' by itself on the back like INFINITY WAR:-
1561633037545.png

Zavvi previous steelbook boxset for transformers collection was shipped in large jiffy bubble mailer as was the universal monsters steelbook collection box set

Zavvi use jiffy/bubble mailers for most box sets be it a cheap or expensive release
It's rare when a box set is shipped in box and even when they do it's lucky dip if they use a box some will have order sent in jiffy and some might be sent in a box
Some customers might get lucky and others not

When shipped from Warrington warehouse you have better chance of box been used
Guernsey warehouse most times box sets it's a bubble mailer/Jiffy

We will now in next 2 weeks what packaging was used for customers orders of Captain Marvel release date is July 15th
Don't be surprised if you see some customers orders sent in jiffy packaging

Mr Boland, as the Zavvi ambassador can you contact Zavvi and request they ship the collectors box in bubble wrap and a box?

So, while waiting for this AVENGERS: ENDGAME steelbook which steelbooks are on the horizon for Phase 4 of the Marvel Comic Universe?

According to Comic-Con (San Diego July 18 - 21, 2019):
- May 2020: BLACK WIDOW
- September 2020 : THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER (series)
- November 2020: THE ETERNALS
- February 2021: SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS
- March/April 2021: WANDA VISION (series)
- May 202: DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS
- March/April 2021: LOKI Loki (series)
- July/August 2021: WHAT IF ....? (series)
- September 2021: HAWKEYE (series)
- November 2021: THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

1563712113668.png

Confirmed at Comic-Con: ENDGAME is the highest grossing film of all time https://deadline.com/2019/07/avenge...highest-grossing-film-of-all-time-1202649741/

Last edited: