Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 2, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - 3D+2D Collector's Edition - 4K+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (3D+2D CE) - £67.99 (4K+2D CE)
Note: Collector’s Editions limited to only 1500 copies worldwide

12091900-1684684660698726.jpg 12091902-1044684661430090.jpg
12091900-6584684660923096.jpg12091900-7854684664162187.jpg
12091903-3504668117681516.jpg12091903-1234668117803826.jpg12091903-9834668117413490.jpg12091903-7394668117157743.jpg
413662-4496bdd58eb1d133c21f9ed7360a8022.jpg 413661-1de24024a4bb602de4c2fa2f4d49601b.jpg
*advice ordering multiples* be wary ordering multiple editions/copies in a single order if you plan on cancelling when you later decided which edition you want to keep: Zavvi cancellation is not reliable or simple, specially if using discount codes.
2 options:
A - pick and choose - separate orders for each item/edition
B - use the "contact us" option on the website and request for a specific title to be cancelled

(Thanks to Dazzler and Paulboland for pointing this out)

Last edited:
I have a pre-order with the 4K+2D Collector's Edition but I don't think I'll go through with it, and I might cancel it....
... unless someone else wants it... in which case, as far as I know, Zavvi does not allow to change the shipping address to any orders, so I'll be in a dilemma of how someone will get it (most likely re-shipped from me).

Therefore, if there's someone that wants it in the specified conditions, please send me a PM.
I will not ask for anything more than I paid for, plus the shipping from me to the one who wants it.

Was going to cancel this anyway, but I've really gone off the design... looks very amateurish when examined closely.

Was going to cancel this anyway, but I've really gone off the design... looks very amateurish when examined closely.
I guess you did the same as me then and zoomed in to spot the inconsistencies with the character colour, shadow, placement etc.
For me it's forgiveable as its a WWA steel, we have nothing else yet and I'm a completionist but generally I am ok with it. I do still find it a little strange that these designs that are agreed upon for a worldwide release of such a huge movie (or any movie for that matter) are given the green light and not 'perfected' somewhat before the go ahead.
You need to start making steelbooks! Lol.

Reactions: Leafs17
I guess you did the same as me then and zoomed in to spot the inconsistencies with the character colour, shadow, placement etc.
For me it's forgiveable as its a WWA steel, we have nothing else yet and I'm a completionist but generally I am ok with it. I do still find it a little strange that these designs that are agreed upon for a worldwide release of such a huge movie (or any movie for that matter) are given the green light and not 'perfected' somewhat before the go ahead.
You need to start making steelbooks! Lol.
Yeah, someone shared a larger pic of it on Twitter, so all the "imperfections" really stood out to me then... the lighting/shadows are way off like you mentioned (Ant-Man and Nebula are barely visible, and why is Wanda in black & white?), and now that I've seen the movie I realise some of those characters (Hulkbuster and Vision) don't even appear in it.

All that being said, I would've cancelled no matter whether it looked good or not... I'm done buying Marvel steels, as there's too many inconsistencies with their designs and formats, and I'm not one for supporting laziness when there's absolutely no need for it. Cutting Di$ney off at the wallet is the only way they'll listen unfortunately.

Yeah, someone shared a larger pic of it on Twitter, so all the "imperfections" really stood out to me then... the lighting/shadows are way off like you mentioned (Ant-Man and Nebula are barely visible, and why is Wanda in black & white?), and now that I've seen the movie I realise some of those characters (Hulkbuster and Vision) don't even appear in it.

All that being said, I would've cancelled no matter whether it looked good or not... I'm done buying Marvel steels, as there's too many inconsistencies with their designs and formats, and I'm not one for supporting laziness when there's absolutely no need for it. Cutting Di$ney off at the wallet is the only way they'll listen unfortunately.
@Noodles Yeah I agree with you, visually it's been horridly put together from both a design and artistic point of view. I'm kinda new to steelbook collecting, only a few years, but it does seem like older WWA had star quality to them with the finishes and images used. I would love to be part of a steelbook art studio, how cool would that be?

I'll be ending my Marvel steels too, it's the end of the saga for me (the recent spidey doesn't count for me). I'm just waiting on better covers for Endgame and possibly Captain Marvel, it'll be good to get it wrapped up.

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles Yeah I agree with you, visually it's been horridly put together from both a design and artistic point of view. I'm kinda new to steelbook collecting, only a few years, but it does seem like older WWA had star quality to them with the finishes and images used. I would love to be part of a steelbook art studio, how cool would that be?

I'll be ending my Marvel steels too, it's the end of the saga for me (the recent spidey doesn't count for me). I'm just waiting on better covers for Endgame and possibly Captain Marvel, it'll be good to get it wrapped up.
Yup, the very first run of Marvel steels were, and still are, some of the best looking steels out there IMO... same goes for the animated Disney/Pixar films. Such a shame that they've gone waaaaay down hill in the last few years, especially for newcomers like yourself.

I say it every time, but people really should speak with the wallets and not hand over their cash if they're not a fan of a particular release, so I'm glad to hear you'll be doing exactly that! :thumbs:

Reactions: Mike Haley and j_uk
As this is a mash-up of the 'A' design and characters it's a pity that they didn't just do ENDGAME in the same style as these two ...

1565439817122.png
1565439855063.png
/
1565439586526.png
1565439943172.png

... to be followed by a same style re-release of INFINITY WAR (if they're not going to do these with the matching frames).

Yeah, I really like if they kept this theme going. I’d even take a smaller “A” logo to fit all the characters like on this IMAX poster.

1565450967216.jpeg

yeah decided to cancel this one too I just don't like the look of the steel so why bother.. will wait for something I like better as I'm sure there will be many more releases of this to come

Why the video of the USA edition in the UK thread? EU Steelbooks could be different (in terms of surface treatment and/or bossing) from USA ones, it has already happened in the past....
Oops, naughty me. Spank my bare bottom.
because its the best we'll get regarding in-hand pictures until we hand over our money and the UK one is released.

Yes there have been minor differances in the past but overall its a great guide for those on the fence with their pre-order - there are some, I guarentee, will cancel based off the videos of the US version.

if you dont wish or feel the need to see said video as its NOT of the UK edition, just scroll on and ignore it.