Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 2, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - 3D+2D Collector's Edition - 4K+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (3D+2D CE) - £67.99 (4K+2D CE)
Note: Collector’s Editions limited to only 1500 copies worldwide

12091900-1684684660698726.jpg 12091902-1044684661430090.jpg
12091900-6584684660923096.jpg12091900-7854684664162187.jpg
12091903-3504668117681516.jpg12091903-1234668117803826.jpg12091903-9834668117413490.jpg12091903-7394668117157743.jpg
413662-4496bdd58eb1d133c21f9ed7360a8022.jpg 413661-1de24024a4bb602de4c2fa2f4d49601b.jpg
*advice ordering multiples* be wary ordering multiple editions/copies in a single order if you plan on cancelling when you later decided which edition you want to keep: Zavvi cancellation is not reliable or simple, specially if using discount codes.
2 options:
A - pick and choose - separate orders for each item/edition
B - use the "contact us" option on the website and request for a specific title to be cancelled

(Thanks to Dazzler and Paulboland for pointing this out)

Last edited:
My copy just arrived. To echo what I said in the post on Instagram it does look a bit better in person, I'm intrigued to see what the lenticular edition will look like when zavvi release it.

I was just studying the characters on it and noticed they'd gone with a weird mix of Infinity war and Endgame characters that doesn't quite make sense which is a bit annoying. I wouldn't have normally picked up the lenticulars but i'd be tempted with this one.
I assume it was to reduce spoilers but surely we're passed that now?

Okay, so got the collectors edition too. I think the art used on the light up box, smaller box, art cards and pins are much better than the art used on captain marvel.

They have learned with the glue, it hasn’t left marks to the box but the pins are so cheap. I love the images and the 4 characters used but just cheap.

The box is the same quality, so there’s a visible fold overlap on the spine of it just like cap marvel but maybe where this is black it’s less noticeable.

Steelbook though is nice. However, it’s a slightly dark images, and I’m not feeling the metallic looking background. It’s really taking the image away of the spotglossing and characters. Overall I like the steel, but they never get them right. Why couldn’t they just used a normal matte for that background. Hate metallic looks

Okay, so got the collectors edition too. I think the art used on the light up box, smaller box, art cards and pins are much better than the art used on captain marvel.

They have learned with the glue, it hasn’t left marks to the box but the pins are so cheap. I love the images and the 4 characters used but just cheap.

The box is the same quality, so there’s a visible fold overlap on the spine of it just like cap marvel but maybe where this is black it’s less noticeable.

Steelbook though is nice. However, it’s a slightly dark images, and I’m not feeling the metallic looking background. It’s really taking the image away of the spotglossing and characters. Overall I like the steel, but they never get them right. Why couldn’t they just used a normal matte for that background. Hate metallic looks

The box is smaller than Captain Marvel her box???

The box is smaller than Captain Marvel her box???

Not sure what you mean.

There’s the initial bigger box that lights up that everything slots into. And the smaller box inside with the art cards and pins inside

Is it?
Don’t have them to compare
Had a bash at comparing the two spines from a screengrab of the unboxing video from a few posts above where they're both in shot.
If I did it correctly it works out that they're the same size, however the Avengers one looks like it's a bit further back in shot (even though the tops line up) so don't think it's something we can know for sure until someone with both in hand can say...
UYskEty.png

M5w6tL0.png

Reactions: virkia
They are the same size, my Avengers looks a tad bigger but I think that is down to it being packaged better than CM so it puffs out a little bit more.
Overall happy with the steelbook, goes nicely with the first two Avenger Steels (original releases) but not Infinity War which still looks like the odd one out.

Don’t know if I will buy another one of these CE boxes, they are a bit Meh for the price and if they are just going to light them up each time then that is a bit boring too. To be honest the light up action works well on CM not so much on Endgame.

Had a bash at comparing the two spines from a screengrab of the unboxing video from a few posts above where they're both in shot.
If I did it correctly it works out that they're the same size, however the Avengers one looks like it's a bit further back in shot (even though the tops line up) so don't think it's something we can know for sure until someone with both in hand can say...
UYskEty.png

M5w6tL0.png

This post (photos) just confirms even more how ugly and cheap looking these are

Reactions: djjez83
Most people are slating these collector boxes, same way most people slated the zavvi marvel lenticular stuff. Now those are more expensive than most of the premium editions. Yes it could be better or yes it should be bit cheaper and hopefully zavvi will learn and improve from feedback. Atleast lets appreciate that they are trying to do something unique

Most people are slating these collector boxes, same way most people slated the zavvi marvel lenticular stuff. Now those are more expensive than most of the premium editions. Yes it could be better or yes it should be bit cheaper and hopefully zavvi will learn and improve from feedback. Atleast lets appreciate that they are trying to do something unique
Zavvi learn and improve from feedback - you must be joking. Years ago they said they worked with the distributors over the final look of the steelbooks. At that time I believed it, but they don't now, otherwise we'd never have been subjected to Star Wars Force Awakens and the way they kept putting false feedback on the website to bring the ratings up. Yes Zavvi we all remember that one. They just take whatever Disney throws at them and expects us suckers to pay for it. But now we're not taking it and cancelling them.

Reactions: Punker76
My card expired so payment got declined LOL

Now i'm wondering if i should still get the collectors edition or just order another 4k steelbook.

The box set looks nice but I really dont see value for money in it.
nail on head - so glad I didnt keep my Captain Marvel one.
Whilst I like having it, and it looks like a nice addition to my MCU collection, its WAY overpriced and even if they bought the price down to something more reasonable, I'd be hard pressed to buy these over the fantastic Asian import choices we end up with(including all retailers here - Weet, Kimchi, Manta, Blufans, Nova and anyone else am forgetting)

They are the same size, my Avengers looks a tad bigger but I think that is down to it being packaged better than CM so it puffs out a little bit more.
Overall happy with the steelbook, goes nicely with the first two Avenger Steels (original releases) but not Infinity War which still looks like the odd one out.

Don’t know if I will buy another one of these CE boxes, they are a bit Meh for the price and if they are just going to light them up each time then that is a bit boring too. To be honest the light up action works well on CM not so much on Endgame.
The orange of EG just doesnt add anything where as Captain Marvel does have a slight enchancement with the light up effect - it looks a bit better, but EG just doesnt, at all. I'd say it looks a little worse maybe if not simply 'no improvement'.

Zavvi get points for effort but thats it really
Overpriced by a LOT(some premiums of better quality and more extras can be up to 1/3 cheaper, for example) but I do like they tried something that we've seen little to none of elsewhere(only a few light up releases to my knowledge).
Sadly Zavvi have no reason to improve this weak product that has huge potential if done right, as they are still selling out.
Even after two weak releases with a LOT of negative feedback(not just on here) and the 3rd editio, Spiderman FFH, is still sold out...why would they improve when they know they can shift this crap so easy?

My card expired so payment got declined LOL

Now i'm wondering if i should still get the collectors edition or just order another 4k steelbook.
if money isnt an issue(or there isnt anothe title you could buy with the price differance) and you love the movie enough - go for the CE - I love having it on my shelf as an addition to the collection, but its far from the highlight of my MCU set.
I was happy with the steelbook only for Captain Marvel but have always been a sucker for Avengers movies....so weigh up your thoughts towards it.
OR flip a coin? :)

Reactions: lights