Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 2, 2019
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D - 3D+2D Collector's Edition - 4K+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D) - £59.99 (3D+2D CE) - £67.99 (4K+2D CE)
Note: Collector’s Editions limited to only 1500 copies worldwide

12091900-1684684660698726.jpg 12091902-1044684661430090.jpg
12091900-6584684660923096.jpg12091900-7854684664162187.jpg
12091903-3504668117681516.jpg12091903-1234668117803826.jpg12091903-9834668117413490.jpg12091903-7394668117157743.jpg
413662-4496bdd58eb1d133c21f9ed7360a8022.jpg 413661-1de24024a4bb602de4c2fa2f4d49601b.jpg
*advice ordering multiples* be wary ordering multiple editions/copies in a single order if you plan on cancelling when you later decided which edition you want to keep: Zavvi cancellation is not reliable or simple, specially if using discount codes.
2 options:
A - pick and choose - separate orders for each item/edition
B - use the "contact us" option on the website and request for a specific title to be cancelled

(Thanks to Dazzler and Paulboland for pointing this out)

Last edited:
Mate, I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I loved stuff like this.

I know right, my wife and I have fond memories of these growing up - one of the simplest and best gifts you'd ever get :thumbs:

For anyone with inspiration with a back of a steelbook that's blank - they should drop these in to design your own...

Reactions: Stygian
Mate, I grew up in the 70s and 80s. I loved stuff like this.

Oh WOW! I forgot about those things. I loved those! Looking at this just now it took a few seconds to realize what it was. My mind was like "I don't know what you're talking about" and then a couple seconds later I started to recall a memory of something about a pencil rubbing over a plastic sheet and characters rubbing off onto another surface. It's still coming to me now. This would have been in the '70s. I think I'm now remembering something to do with cereal boxes. I think my experience was that the transfer sheet (or whatever it was called) came free inside a box of cereal and then you cut out the back of the box and that was a scene. Then you would rub off the characters onto the scene. I don't remember any of the scenes or characters. I just barely remember this. It's very foggy. If this memory didn't come to me in that brief moment I don't think I would ever have remembered these for the rest of my life.

Reactions: GeoRattray
I received my copy on Friday and unboxed it today. I'm beyond disappointed, not because of the design, but because the disc only has English and Greek subtitles. Umm, what the hell Disney?

The UK's MCU films have had multiple subtitle options for over five years now. I think it started with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It's been a norm that all the films have included English, Finnish, Swedish Norwegian, Danish, Dutch and I think also German and French subtitles.

I myself am from Finland and can understand English about as well as Finnish, but I still always buy such versions of films that have Finnish subtitles (if such a release exists), because I still prefer to have Finnish subs and e.g. if I watch films with some of my friends who aren't that good in English, it's nice to have the Finnish subs.

Why the hell was this release localized so much, that the UK has its own disc, whereas I believe the Scandinavian countries have one common release? I'm going to sell this UK release and buy the Finnish version instead to have the Finnish subs, like I have with all the other MCU films. It just sucks that outside of UK (at least in the Scandinavian countries), the MCU steelbooks have the stupid character faces on the spine of the steelbooks, which is the reason I've been buying the MCU steelbooks from Zavvi for a couple years now, when they started releasing steelbooks with titles on spines in the UK. I didn't even bother checking the subtitle info on Zavvi or Blu-ray.com, because like I said earlier, every Disney MCU film have had the Finnish subs (+ the others I mentioned) since 2014, so I had no reason to even think that they would change it all of a sudden.

I was actually wondering why none of the Endgame releases have sold out on Zavvi, as all the previous MCU steels have done so, but I'm pretty sure the lack of subtitles is one of the reasons. Rant over. Still very pissed off and angry.

I received my copy on Friday and unboxed it today. I'm beyond disappointed, not because of the design, but because the disc only has English and Greek subtitles. Umm, what the hell Disney?

The UK's MCU films have had multiple subtitle options for over five years now. I think it started with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It's been a norm that all the films have included English, Finnish, Swedish Norwegian, Danish, Dutch and I think also German and French subtitles.

I myself am from Finland and can understand English about as well as Finnish, but I still always buy such versions of films that have Finnish subtitles (if such a release exists), because I still prefer to have Finnish subs and e.g. if I watch films with some of my friends who aren't that good in English, it's nice to have the Finnish subs.

Why the hell was this release localized so much, that the UK has its own disc, whereas I believe the Scandinavian countries have one common release? I'm going to sell this UK release and buy the Finnish version instead to have the Finnish subs, like I have with all the other MCU films. It just sucks that outside of UK (at least in the Scandinavian countries), the MCU steelbooks have the stupid character faces on the spine of the steelbooks, which is the reason I've been buying the MCU steelbooks from Zavvi for a couple years now, when they started releasing steelbooks with titles on spines in the UK. I didn't even bother checking the subtitle info on Zavvi or Blu-ray.com, because like I said earlier, every Disney MCU film have had the Finnish subs (+ the others I mentioned) since 2014, so I had no reason to even think that they would change it all of a sudden.

I was actually wondering why none of the Endgame releases have sold out on Zavvi, as all the previous MCU steels have done so, but I'm pretty sure the lack of subtitles is one of the reasons. Rant over. Still very pissed off and angry.
The J-Cards with all the technical features were released on July 20th. It's unfortunate that you did not know about it.

The J-Cards with all the technical features were released on July 20th. It's unfortunate that you did not know about it.
Yeah. I just didn't bother taking a look at it then, because all the Disney-distributed MCU films have had the same multiple subtitles since 2014, so I didn't even think that they would change it all of a sudden.

Which disc are you referring to? 4K, 3D or the regular Blu-ray?

Regular Blu-ray. Though I think the 3D and 2D discs have always had the same subs, the 4K discs seem to have different ones (I don't collect 4K BDs so doesn't really matter to me).

Thank you for that. I was just curious. I don't have a 4K player either but I've wondered if 4K discs are the same worldwide when it comes to audio and subtitles.

Regular Blu-ray. Though I think the 3D and 2D discs have always had the same subs, the 4K discs seem to have different ones (I don't collect 4K BDs so doesn't really matter to me).
Discs will vary in different countries as to what Audio/Subtitles are included this is normal

Finland Blu-ray release has Finnish subtitles and same steelbook was released in Finland but might have photos on the spine instead of title
If you wanted the steelbook you should have gone for the Finland steelbook release or standard Finland Blu-ray amaray to be sure of having Finnish Subtitles
avengers_endgame_-_limited_steelbook_blu-ray_nordic-47496387-bckl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: yeslek
I can understand @Miku post: and with regards to the J-card of steelbooks, I do not think that all J-cards are that accurate of listing the correct subs on discs.

I wish that sites likes zavvi , amazon , and all these others steelbook selling companies : novamedia, blu fans Best Buy would pay more attention to list subs

I have often wondered why ,( and asked this here in some topics) for a steelbook title not all the disc can have the same subs.
I am sure that me and Miku are not the only one who first look at the subs and then decide to buy a steelbook or not and might go for a another release from another country.