Avengers: Endgame (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 6 13, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order on April 19 at 12 PM Red carpet, around 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £28.99 (3D+2D)

l7bp6fayact41.jpg

12540152-1314761341379690.jpg
12540152-3784761341455488.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really nice, excited for my copy to arrive hopefully early next week.

It’s going to look very strange next to my Zavvi Infinity War lenti though that has a completely different finish.

Only Zavvi could finally emboss an exclusive and then cover it up with a magnet!! :rolleyes:

Gloss finish looks cheap though. As someone mentioned, they just glossed up bare metal. Probably for fear of backlash if they left it matte!!

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k and howarmat
So the gloss rumour turned out to be true! I'll remove the magnet and put the steel in my Fanatic's DL and pretend its WEA :spoil::whistle:

Thankfully that brushed metal gloss is mostly on the back due to the open space around the left of Thanos. Front looks better colour wise and can only see the brushed metal a tad on the front.

I take this finish over the rest of the their streaky matte lenti range any day

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Flloydo, message: 2339196, membre: 16146"]
Euh ... non

Mais, c'est un pas en avant par rapport aux mattes striées.
[/CITATION]

Metalic reflection is not
Erm.... no

But, this is a step up from the streaky mattes.

Metallic reflections are good for a steelbook if they are in the right places. If you don't like it, it's just a taste story ... And again, this is independent of the varnish, it's juste the printing.

Thankfully that brushed metal gloss is mostly on the back due to the open space around the left of Thanos. Front looks better colour wise and can only see the brushed metal a tad on the front.

I take this finish over the rest of the their streaky matte lenti range any day

Did you receive your copy? Is it worth picking up?

[QUOTE = "Flloydo, message: 2339196, membre: 16146"]
Euh ... non

Mais, c'est un pas en avant par rapport aux mattes striées.
[/CITATION]

Metalic reflection is not

Metallic reflections are good for a steelbook if they are in the right places. If you don't like it, it's just a taste story ... And again, this is independent of the varnish, it's juste the printing.

Good when it suits design I agree. But It can be ugly, look cheap and considered lazy. It’s overused a lot of the time too (much like the opposite with streaky matte as apposed to smooth mattes/ satin).

it’s all about the base paint and white layers. If those are present then the image is clearer and the gloss looks smarter. Can also be thicker depending on the layers

Did you receive your copy? Is it worth picking up?

Nah I’ve not received it yet. But judging by the photos it seems worth it. Suppose it depends on if you collect the whole wave/ range, just the ones you enjoy the films of or a marvel completionist

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
[QUOTE = "Flloydo, message: 2339199, membre: 16146"]
Bon quand il convient au design, je suis d'accord. Mais cela peut être moche, avoir l'air bon marché et considéré comme paresseux. Il est également surutilisé la plupart du temps (un peu comme le contraire avec un mat strié comme apposé sur des mattes lisses / satinés).

tout tourne autour de la peinture de base et des couches blanches. Si ceux-ci sont présents, l'image est plus claire et le brillant est plus intelligent. Peut également être plus épais selon les couches
[/CITATION]

We agree !

Reactions: Flloydo
Holy ****, I’m so pleasantly surprised by this. I’ll definitely keep this even after WeET drops their version.

Holy ****, I’m so pleasantly surprised by this. I’ll definitely keep this even after WeET drops their version.

Yep it's a keeper alright :thumbs: and also puts the onus on WeET to better this now.

Hats off to Disney on a great release but to be honest I'm also annoyed it's taken 20+ attempts for them to finally nail one of these lenti releases.

Some of the earlier ones were shocking, amateurish at best with lenti's not lining up and not to mention Age of Ulton's inside artwork was a fu#*ing disgrace.

The fact that everyone is so surprised with this speaks volumes, expectation levels were obviously low but this should have been the standard for all previous releases for the money we're paying.

Also find it kinda suspicious that with no blufans at the moment we get a half decent zavvi steelbook. :whistle:

Reactions: Shark