Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 14, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order live on August 23 at 12 PM UK time)
Price: £31.99 (4K) - £27.99 (3D)

12258499-9484697907240786.jpg
12258500-2024697909040132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, my second reply. So I asked what their plan is to limit orders, save a certain amount for actual pre order and the rest of the world.

Thank you for reaching out further to Zavvi customer services and for such a prompt response.

We appreciate the feedback and we will endeavour to pass this over on your behalf. Please be assured that we do limit the number of items customers can order to prevent individuals from selling these on, but all our stock is subject to availability, so items may sell out with early release to Red Carpet subscribers.

The Red Carpet service is only for UK customers. We have plans to extend its reach, but we are unable to provide a timescale for its introduction for customers outside the UK at this time.

We can only suggest that you review your stance on the service, as we would not intentionally want you to miss out.

Come back through any time and have a great day!

Regards,
Zavvi Customer Service Management Team

Weird how they haven’t included their name (the first email was the same). They clearly don’t care.

Last edited:
Zavvi will never be able to stop scalpers. They'll just order 1 at a time rather then say adding 10 to basket, add one so every order comes up as a separate order even if it's the same item and address, plus they probably use multiple accounts and addresses. It shows today how this is failing, melificent went live for red carpet members last night, world wide today and live for UK non red carpet members at 6 of there's any stock left that is! It's all pressure to sign up and sadly on payday I feel like i will need to. Don't want to at all but feel like I either sign up or buy off eBay scalpers.

Reactions: djjez83
Why are you afraid of scalpers? You just need to adapt to them.
I'm not I'll happily buy off eBay if the prices are right and zavvi don't have it in stock. But I see the point that he's making the multi buyers make it harder especially now with early access

Hey guys, I have never bought from Zavvi and Avengers Infinity War would be my first Zavvi steelbook I would buy. I really love the front cover. I live in the US, and wanted to know if anyone knows the difference between us.zavvi.com and the normal zavvi.com. Also what type of payment do they accept like paypal , and how much is shipping. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Thank you for reading this post guys.

Hey guys, I have never bought from Zavvi and Avengers Infinity War would be my first Zavvi steelbook I would buy. I really love the front cover. I live in the US, and wanted to know if anyone knows the difference between us.zavvi.com and the normal zavvi.com. Also what type of payment do they accept like paypal , and how much is shipping. I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. Thank you for reading this post guys.
I'll put @paulboland forward as your man for explaining these things and the positives/negatives. He will explain it far better than what I could.

Zavvi US and UK website same retailer

Zavvi US is just a currency/language variant of Zavvi UK website

Shipping USA I not sure as Zavvi website list different to what is actually charged

Some releases on occasions are not listed on Zavvi US site but you can usually order from UK site when that happens anyway

Blu-ray releases are UK/Ireland Discs and your order is shipped from UK regardless of using Zavvi US site

Setup an account on Zavvi with your name and address details and do test order for a steelbook to see what shipping cost will be
Just add to basket goto checkout and you will see total cost
You don't need to complete the order as in enter payment details to do a test

Zavvi accept payment
Visa
Visa Debit
MasterCard
MasterPass
Maestro
PayPal

Shipping USA I not sure as Zavvi website list different to what is actually charged

Some releases on occasions are not listed on Zavvi US site but you can usually order from UK site when that happens anyway

Blu-ray releases are UK/Ireland Discs and your order is shipped from UK regardless of using Zavvi US site

Setup an account on Zavvi with your name and address details and do test order for a steelbook to see what shipping cost will be

Zavvi accept payment
Visa
Visa Debit
MasterCard
MasterPass
Maestro
PayPal
Thank you for the info, this is a nice Zavvi steelbook, (congrats on Liverpool winning the Uefa Supercup)!

Reactions: paulboland
Wildly different styles on the covers of these Marvel steelbooks is great - from lenti posters to unusual designs (such as 'The Walkman" et al) - but let down (imo) by the wildly different treatment of the spines (UK) looking on the shelf like a veritable mishmash ...
1566137156332.png

... and the opportunity for uniformity with matching spine magnets such as these here - and with all 22 in the MCU available for under $30 - looks like a cool idea:-
1566137329213.png
1566137619105.png

Zavvi accept payment
Visa
Visa Debit
MasterCard
MasterPass
Maestro
PayPal
and:
Amex
Klarna
AliPay

Reactions: paulboland
I will have to decide how bad I really want this. I always received free shipping to Canada whenever I ordered from Zavvi (I only ever order steelbooks). If the free shipping is gone and the 10% discount no longer works, that will ad a total of $11.50 Canadian to the cost of the 3D release. Shipping to Canada is $7.00 and 10% off the steelbook always saved me $4.50 or more.

I will have to decide how bad I really want this. I always received free shipping to Canada whenever I ordered from Zavvi (I only ever order steelbooks). If the free shipping is gone and the 10% discount no longer works, that will ad a total of $11.50 Canadian to the cost of the 3D release. Shipping to Canada is $7.00 and 10% off the steelbook always saved me $4.50 or more.
Actually, just noticed that in my case, if I want to order now (Sunday 18 August), the cost of normal shipping to me (Romania) was increased from 6 GBP TO 7,99 GBP, and with tracking raised from 9 GBP to 11,49 GBP; and this is after yesterday, Saturday 17 August, I’ve ordered with the “old prices”.
So, maybe you’ll might see some increase in shipping too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
hey @Flloydo, i've run this through my de-bull****er and it came up with this translation: :thumbs:

Thank you for reaching out further to Zavvi customer services and for such a prompt response.
wow, you wrote back! that almost never happens when we send one of these emails - that's the idea.

We appreciate the feedback and we will endeavour to pass this over on your behalf.
bothered.

Please be assured that we do limit the number of items customers can order to prevent individuals from selling these on, but all our stock is subject to availability, so items may sell out with early release to Red Carpet subscribers.
limited to only 10 per buyer. fair's fair. give us more of your money in advance or you get nothing.

The Red Carpet service is only for UK customers. We have plans to extend its reach, but we are unable to provide a timescale for its introduction for customers outside the UK at this time.
we're waiting to see how gullible the UK is - if they are very gullible, international red carpet is a cert.

We can only suggest that you review your stance on the service, as we would not intentionally want you to miss out.
this is happening whether you like it or not. and like we said, bothered.

who are you?

Regards, Zavvi Customer Service Management Team
names withheld. it's more impersonal that way.

hey @Flloydo, i've run this through my de-bull****er and it came up with this translation: :thumbs:

wow, you wrote back! that almost never happens when we send one of these emails - that's the idea.

We appreciate the feedback and we will endeavour to pass this over on your behalf.
bothered.

Please be assured that we do limit the number of items customers can order to prevent individuals from selling these on, but all our stock is subject to availability, so items may sell out with early release to Red Carpet subscribers.
limited to only 10 per buyer. fair's fair. give us more of your money in advance or you get nothing.

we're waiting to see how gullible the UK is - if they are very gullible, international red carpet is a cert.

this is happening whether you like it or not. and like we said, bothered.

who are you?

Regards, Zavvi Customer Service Management Team
names withheld. it's more impersonal that way.

You just killed me with this. Too good. And that gif lol

Absolutely spot on especially the we’re waiting to see how gullible the U.K. are. Genius

I’ve been asking them what items in collectibles are applicable for the 20% (I gave them 2 items I wanted to know about, 2 fucccking items) and they genuinely can’t answer, they either ignore my question or direct me to the home page!! Or say look in the T&Cs Wtf. They are so backward. T & CS don’t list all the specific items lol they just don’t help

One of the answers was ‘unfortunately, you can’t use multiple codes on a single order’
I haven’t even asked that. They are so awful and retarded