Back to the Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: October 20, 2020
Purchase links: Best Buy
Price: $69.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6423196_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect a UK release will be announced at some stage

Cine-Museum doing a 4K release using 3 steelbooks also

Hi Paul, how confident are you that there will be a uk release of this? Or do you think we'll have 35th anniversary edition with different art?

I remember getting the 30th anniversary from Best Buy via a group buy here, but I don't think that artwork was used outside of the US and Canada, which makes me think this will/could also be exclusive to Best Buy only... ??
Screenshot_20200727-102002_My Movies Pro.jpg

Also, have CineMuseum announced BTTF steels? If so do you have a link to the page?

Hi Paul, how confident are you that there will be a uk release of this? Or do you think we'll have 35th anniversary edition with different art?

I remember getting the 30th anniversary from Best Buy via a group buy here, but I don't think that artwork was used outside of the US and Canada, which makes me think this will/could also be exclusive to Best Buy only... ??
View attachment 479691

Also, have CineMuseum announced BTTF steels? If so do you have a link to the page?
CM announced the release with 3 steelbooks but didnt reveal the art. However these are all WWA steels so...

CM announced the release with 3 steelbooks but didnt reveal the art. However these are all WWA steels so...

So these are listed as wwa, I'll keep my eyes open for a uk release then, and also watch out for any premium announcements :thumbs:

Unlike most of the posts, I actually like the art ... its different:bag: the only one I'm not sure about is the 2nd(as a stand-alone), but with the other two side by side, I like them

View attachment 479691

UK will be getting a 4K release
Just waiting on release info likely will be 4K trilogy steelbooks edition and 4K Amaray trilogy and very likely at same time or later individual 4K amaray editions of each film

Steelbook trIlogy edition if going to be a retailer exclusive will be either Zoom UK or Zavvi

Cine-museum thread
No details yet just a release in planning stage

UK will be getting a 4K release
Just waiting on release info likely will be trilogy steelbook edition and Amaray trilogy and individual amaray editions

Steelbook trIlogy edition if going to be a retailer exclusive will be either Zoom UK or Zavvi
Probably Zoom, cause it's Universal?

I honestly don't feel these films will benefit much from 4K. Plus, Phantom City and Mondo did it better anyway...

download.jpg

Reactions: Ephoenix
Unlike wraparound vistas which benefit greatly from the extra space of both covers generally not a fan of dividing objects as on the previous 30th anniversary ...
1595850777808.png

... but I must admit the concept of the evolving Frankenstein car and background does looks pretty neat ...
1595849628648.png

... and deserving of better than this slipcase perfect for a mass market Amaray trilogy collection cover if ever I saw one.