Back to the Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: October 20, 2020
Purchase links: Best Buy
Price: $69.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6423196_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I hope they got paid for these to be used on the SteelBooks because obviously this is where they came from.
Seen the concept copied by many over the years, so nothing new really and probably something PCC and Mondo are used to by now.

Reactions: Stygian
Well I hope they got paid for these to be used on the SteelBooks because obviously this is where they came from.
Steelbooks are not using Mondo artwork so no payment would be required

The previous Canada/USA trilogy steelbook used similar style

I think I actually like that better. The titles looked weird and small.

I do prefer the titled version. If the German one is titeless, I'll have to get the US or probably the UK one.

As for being small: the original posters never actually featured it that big.

x-297945.jpg

I seem to be sitting on the fence with this one. Unsure if I will bite and I do have the previous release, so do I need it again... it's 4K I guess, but if I wait 5 years I assume the 40th anniversary will also be available. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Suppose being available in US and Best Buy does put this as a disadvantage if I bite.

I do prefer this version as well. Although how much cooler would it have been if instead of a collectable hoverboard, it was some sort of floating hoverboard coaster. After all, you know how much us steelbook collectors like a good coaster. A floating coaster at that. I could just hover people’s drinks over to them... in a Back to the Future style hoverboard coaster no less.

I know, I know, I am being totally unrealistic and there’s more chance of us getting a floating Disco Vader head style coaster instead.

Damn y’all hard to please. Everything it sounds like y’all want has already been done on steels. :p Japan , de, USA Sweden etc. tons of options. I like this set a lot ... granted it’s the mondo concept just realized art which one would have thought many would like.

we do kinda still need original poster art in English titles tho

I much prefer this (doubt they could ever top it honestly)

81nHMHCN-bL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
That's the set I've got. The one and only minor criticism I have of it is the sepia Doc & Marty snapshot. It looks like a screenshot of a VHS, not very good quality. I assumed it was the best they had but I've seen the actual posed photo, the one from the end of the movie, being sold at comic cons ever since and it's the proper version with them actually looking at the camera! Not too hard to swap them out I suppose.

A great HDR or Dolby Vision pass could make these epic.
out of curiosity- why would you think these films would not benefit from a 4K transfer?
They're not exactly flashy films, and they already look perfectly fine on Blu IMO.

A great HDR or Dolby Vision pass could make these epic.
out of curiosity- why would you think these films would not benefit from a 4K transfer?
I agree
Older films benefit the most from a 4k release if done right.
Never found the existing Blu-ray of BTTF films to be particularly good in picture quality.

Normally when I hear "Mondo" art it makes me want to run a mile in the opposite direction.
Not particularly keen on this art as well.

Reactions: C.C. 95