Back to the Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: October 20, 2020
Purchase links: Best Buy
Price: $69.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6423196_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not exactly flashy films, and they already look perfectly fine on Blu IMO.
Any film with a proper HDR pass can pop like nobodies business.
the benefit of UHD and HDR is not just for blockbusters.
It’s a Wonderful Life looks amazing in 4K HDR.
But I always though the cinematography in the BTTF films was amazing. BTTF 2 alone has visual razzle dazzle to spare!

it’s going to cost a bit to ship with that many discs..,
With the Zavvi fiasco I think the desperation in owning one that doesn't say 'Retour vers Le Futur' has kicked in!

Or... it could just be that these look better with a title.

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3
it’s going to cost a bit to ship with that many discs..,
I would be up for it if there's any interest. The US editions of these supposedly worldwide releases continue to be better than the ones available elsewhere. I picked up the local version of the Star Wars 4K set and it's the same as the UK/EU one which isn't as nice as the US.

I guess, but this version is the only one with the title on the cover,
it should cost like shipping three steelbooks, right?

it’s possible that it might be over that rate and cost $10 more to ship over the base rate. Still interested?

Reactions: bioba
I would be up for it if there's any interest. The US editions of these supposedly worldwide releases continue to be better than the ones available elsewhere. I picked up the local version of the Star Wars 4K set and it's the same as the UK/EU one which isn't as nice as the US.

I’ll post a small gb then

Reactions: Futurhythm
Sorry for the nooby question: the bluray discs from the US should be region free, right?
If so, @apsmith21 I would also be interessted.

Universal discs are usually 99% region free.

It's not always the case with smaller studios, especially those that have a large presence in the USA but
hardly any representation outside of it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: yy0925
I bet this will be glossy with the titles, the ROW matte with no titles.......
So is there any difference other than possibly the finish which you think is better?
I'm just trying to figure out what the Zavvi version has that is worth almost $30 extra dollars not including shipping?
The Picture on the Outside Box looks different but I would assume they end up the same and the picture on Best Buy's website is just a placeholder.

Just saw a post on Twitter that suggested this was coming back in stock Friday (UK time). Didn't mention a specific time it will go live though.