Back To The Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £90.00

81ZKIQjMEwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But still doesn't have Steelbook in the title. Slightly concerned about that, also doesn't mention in content.
Have you looked at the photo showing the contents :p :rofl:

Amazon often leave out details on listings on their website

It's also why Zavvi sold out very fast their release
Amazon have been alloated more of the steelbooks for their exclusive edition

Reactions: kipper15
Have you looked at the photo showing the contents :p :rofl:

Amazon often leave out details on listings on their website

It's also why Zavvi sold out very fast their release
Amazon have been alloated more of the steelbooks for their exclusive edition
Yes. I've seen the picture. But if I believed every picture I saw on the Internet...
Would have expected steelbooks being the key selling point for them and to have included in the listing.
I'm sure it does includes the steels, but km sure this is £30 or so cheaper than amazon.fr so leaves me wondering if the listing is an error or the picture is attached in error.

Yes. I've seen the picture. But if I believed every picture I saw on the Internet...
Would have expected steelbooks being the key selling point for them and to have included in the listing.
I'm sure it does includes the steels, but km sure this is £30 or so cheaper than amazon.fr so leaves me wondering if the listing is an error or the picture is attached in error.
Listing photo not an error
Price might be a little bit more when come back live to pre order
It's not sold out yet
It will be back available to pre order at some stage in next few days/weeks as will the Standard 4K Edition

£90.00 = €101

Amazon France release is €119

Amazon prices often change at various stages before release date

LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION INCLUDES:

• Continuity Script Excerpt with an Introduction by Bob Gale
  • Gray’s Sports Almanac Replica
  • Trilogy Chronology Poster
  • 2 x Lenticular Cards
  • DeLorean Blueprint
  • 1885 Clocktower photograph
  • Fridge Magnet
  • Gibson Guitar Pick

Surely to **** this hasn't already come and gone?
It was live to pre order temporarily this morning

Amazon 4K listings for both Standard and Limited edition was live this morning but now show as unavailable
They was only live for a few min
The listings will be back live to pre order in next few days/weeks as will the standard Blu-ray and DVD editions

Listing photo not an error
Price might be a little bit more when come back live to pre order
It's not sold out yet
It will be back available to pre order at some stage in next few days/weeks as will the Standard 4K Edition

£90.00 = €101

Amazon France release is €119

Amazon prices often change at various stages before release date

LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION INCLUDES:

• Continuity Script Excerpt with an Introduction by Bob Gale
  • Gray’s Sports Almanac Replica
  • Trilogy Chronology Poster
  • 2 x Lenticular Cards
  • DeLorean Blueprint
  • 1885 Clocktower photograph
  • Fridge Magnet
  • Gibson Guitar Pick
I am sure you are right. about the photo.
but i am a grumpy old cynic and i have ordered items before and they've turned out different to photos etc so always wary. i have ordered. Will keep my zavvi order too, if i like this amazon set then i'll pass on my zavvi set

g
It was live to pre order temporarily this morning

Amazon 4K listings for both Standard and Limited edition was live this morning but now show as unavailable
They was only live for a few min
The listings will be back live to pre order in next few days/weeks as will the standard Blu-ray and DVD editions
Hi Paul, what you said about this becoming available to pre order in the next few days/weeks, is that an educated guess or a fact?
Since the first boxset showed up I've been checking in daily in the hope of ordering a UK edition, and even though I've been on a few times today I've missed both zavvi and Amazon's live times.
I have the amazon italy boxset ordered for £80 delivered but I didn't really want to trust their packaging to travel to the uk so I guess I'll continue to check in every day. I don't understand why the uk retailers didn't give anyone a heads up, at least zavvi usually do.

Are these discs meant for France? The info on Amazon's site say the languages have French dubbed and there are no English Subs which is unusual for a uk release isn't it? I don't usually notice this info on uk releases so this could be normal for all I know. I'm wondering if the steelbooks spines will say Return to the future lol

Showing as unavailable at the moment

Likely amazon updating the listing

I expect though will be back soon to pre order

I sure hope so, I missed out on Zavvi edition and don't mind paying a little for this set. I refuse to pay £130+ for eBay scavenger copies of the Zavvi set!

I am sure you are right. about the photo.
but i am a grumpy old cynic and i have ordered items before and they've turned out different to photos etc so always wary. i have ordered. Will keep my zavvi order too, if i like this amazon set then i'll pass on my zavvi set
Same here. A couple of years ago I ordered a couple of titles from Amazon that were clearly shown as 4K UHD blu-rays but I got sent the standard blu-rays instead. When I showed them the pics in the listings, they said that was an error and refused to honour the price I had paid, so I just had to return them for a refund.

And not forgetting, of course, the recent Zavvi incident where the photos in the listing were showing a title on the spine of 'Onward' which turned out to be incorrect also...

I need this box set!!! I got the Italy amazon steelbooks pre-order, mine from them are like £59 has i got in early with them! But this set is so worth getting! I'm a hugh fan, met Bob Gale last year and went to a talk and he sign one of my Back to the Future comics.
I;m taking amazon just copy and paste the franch dubbing? Has the picture seems to Be English verison has i swear the Franch verison you can see Franch writting?

Reactions: jasong
I don't need anymore Back to the future stuff. Got the 3 steelbooks, pop figure, delorean replica & the movie book with loads of pictures posters etc. Those steelbooks look ok kept together but can you imagine when they're sold separately on ebay you'd be WTF?!

g

Hi Paul, what you said about this becoming available to pre order in the next few days/weeks, is that an educated guess or a fact?
Since the first boxset showed up I've been checking in daily in the hope of ordering a UK edition, and even though I've been on a few times today I've missed both zavvi and Amazon's live times.
I have the amazon italy boxset ordered for £80 delivered but I didn't really want to trust their packaging to travel to the uk so I guess I'll continue to check in every day. I don't understand why the uk retailers didn't give anyone a heads up, at least zavvi usually do.

Are these discs meant for France? The info on Amazon's site say the languages have French dubbed and there are no English Subs which is unusual for a uk release isn't it? I don't usually notice this info on uk releases so this could be normal for all I know. I'm wondering if the steelbooks spines will say Return to the future lol
There lots of pre order listings for various different distributors releases not just back to the future that went live to pre order on Friday for only a few min that now show as unavailable.

Amazon UK website is having lots of issues with listings

It's not unusual with Amazon UK at the moment to see a release go live for just a few seconds/min then list as unavailable and also listings that take a few days/weeks to go live

There are lot's releases I'm still wating to go live that are already listed on Amazon but are already available to pre order from other retailers

Amazon search is also not working correctly if not not already noticed you need the amazon link to find a lot of releases and that includes some releases that are already live to order and also including some in stock releases

Reactions: chunk
There lots of pre order listings for various different distributors releases not just back to the future that went live to pre order on Friday for only a few min that now show as unavailable.

Amazon UK website is having lots of issues with listings

It's not unusual with Amazon UK at the moment to see a release go live for just a few seconds/min then list as unavailable and also listings that take a few days/weeks to go live

There are lot's releases I'm still wating to go live that are already listed on Amazon but are already available to pre order from other retailers

Amazon search is also not working correctly if not not already noticed you need the amazon link to find a lot of releases and that includes some releases that are already live to order and also including some in stock releases
Thanks for the reply Paul, much appreciated :thumbs:
I'll keep checking in and hopefully won't miss it going live properly:), it went live at £90 but the price may have been a mistake (as the french one went live at around €120)..we will have to wait and see.
I checked on my €80 italian order for the 3 steels and slip.. seems its sold out but I looked at the price of my order and they've dropped the price to £64 shipped so it may be worth keeping at that price(but I don't trust their packaging so I guess getting a uk order would be preferable )

On a side note, I am having a problem posting, or at least writing a post.. if I press the delete button (when I'm trying to delete a letter or a word) my keypad shuts down, I have to open it again, if I press the delete button twice in a row the page flickers then my message has gone and I can only see previous messages, if I press the back button (to go back one page) I find my written message and I can finish it and post it. At first I thought it was just a glitch but it's been happening everytime I use the site for the last few days and it doesn't happen when using any other website.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Thanks for the reply Paul, much appreciated :thumbs:
I'll keep checking in and hopefully won't miss it going live properly:), it went live at £90 but the price may have been a mistake (as the french one went live at around €120)..we will have to wait and see.
I checked on my €80 italian order for the 3 steels and slip.. seems its sold out but I looked at the price of my order and they've dropped the price to £64 shipped so it may be worth keeping at that price(but I don't trust their packaging so I guess getting a uk order would be preferable )

On a side note, I am having a problem posting, or at least writing a post.. if I press the delete button (when I'm trying to delete a letter or a word) my keypad shuts down, I have to open it again, if I press the delete button twice in a row the page flickers then my message has gone and I can only see previous messages, if I press the back button (to go back one page) I find my written message and I can finish it and post it. At first I thought it was just a glitch but it's been happening everytime I use the site for the last few days and it doesn't happen when using any other website.
I have a problem too. Thought it might just be my phone.

But every time I press the return key to move down a line, it comes out of my keypad. Extremely irritating........

Reactions: chunk
I have a problem too. Thought it might just be my phone.

But every time I press the return key to move down a line, it comes out of my keypad. Extremely irritating........

I've been using my tablet and having theseen problem..as yours is on your phone I thought I'd try posting using that too.. and I just tried to delete and am having the exact same problem on this too.

Is there a tech mod here that could help? It really is a pain in the ass lol

Reactions: BluSteel2012