Back To The Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Box Set) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 7, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £90.00

81ZKIQjMEwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there not some unboximg or vid showing this but from somewhere else. I need to check it again thinking of canceling it before it’s released as have zavvi set already and probably a few others down the line.And end of day it’s same steels as I already got.

Was there not some unboximg or vid showing this but from somewhere else. I need to check it again thinking of canceling it before it’s released as have zavvi set already and probably a few others down the line.And end of day it’s same steels as I already got.
France release thread there is a unboxing video

Yea - I cancelled mine after deciding that the Zavvi steelbook boxset (which I got with 12% off) was more than sufficient. I can do without these larger boxsets containing additional items that I don't really need or even want if I'm being perfectly honest!

Did the release date change on this? Received mine yesterday, wasn't expecting it until next week.
No release date is December 7th this Monday

Amazon UK have been dispatching some orders earlier than usual on some releases due to combination of Covid-19 and Christmas post increase of parcels

Lot of extra post this time of the year so they will dispatch some items on a Tuesday/Wednesday if your order has guaranteed delivery by Monday
If they waited until Friday/Saturday to dispatch they might not make Monday delivery.due to the increase of parcels to process.

This can then result in getting delivery before Monday.

I have a delivery tomorrow morning of a different release that also has Monday release date

Last edited:
Reactions: Man_of_Steelbooks
I cancelled mine as I think the steels look crap without the title. Bought the digibook with hover board from Amazon USA instead.

The box and extras look nice though, but couldnt justify £90 and not liking the steelbooks. It's a shame as I love BTTF.

Reactions: Steelselecta
Hi, I Pre-ordered this and it's showing will be delivered today although its not been dispatched.
Spoke to amazon rep and he said it's not available so I should cancel the order! Typical amazon.
If there is anyone who did order this and received it but doesn't want it please let me know.
Was a Christmas pressie.
Thanks

Hi, I Pre-ordered this and it's showing will be delivered today although its not been dispatched.
Spoke to amazon rep and he said it's not available so I should cancel the order! Typical amazon.
If there is anyone who did order this and received it but doesn't want it please let me know.
Was a Christmas pressie.
Thanks
I would not go by what Amazon chat person said at lot are now based in Philippines and working from home
The level of amazon customer services reps lately can vary from good to useless sometimes.

Wait and see what happens over next few days
When you see your debit/credit card have payment charged it most likey will be dispatched even though wont be delivered on Monday.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago with a different release

My order had delivery date Monday release date but was a few days later after release date amazon actually took payment and dispatched my order.

I would not go by what Amazon chat person said at lot are now based in Philippines and working from home
The level of amazon customer services reps lately can vary from good to useless sometimes.

Wait and see what happens over next few days
When you see your debit/credit card have payment charged it most likey will be dispatched even though wont be delivered on Monday.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago with a different release

My order had delivery date Monday release date but was a few days later after release date amazon actually took payment and dispatched my order.

Thanks, will wait and see.

Reactions: paulboland
Just received mine form Amazon, intact thank goodness, still unsure whether or not to open it or return it. One thing that might sway my decision is that the image on the reverse of the box shows a picture of all 3 steelbooks with the title on the front of each one but in French !!! The mock up picture above does not show this, however it does on the copy I have received today. Has anyone who received theres opened it yet, and if so, are the titles on the front of each steelbook in French? If it is then it's being returned! Cheers

Last edited:
Just received mine form Amazon, intact thank goodness, still unsure whether or not to open it or return it. One thing that might sway my decision is that the image on the reverse of the box shows a picture of all 3 steelbooks with the title on the front of each one but in French !!! The mock up picture above does not show this, however it does on the copy I have received today. Has anyone who received theres opened it yet, and if so, are the titles on the front of each steelbook in French? If it is then it's being returned! Cheers
No titles on the front

• Thanks
Reactions: thefly and spookz
I very rarely complain about finishes but these are awful, colours are completely washed out and the artwork looks like a cheap sticker book e.g. George and Lorraine are very obviously not part of the scene.

Steelbooks are unsealed and not in their own box, but they did a good job at keeping them separated to avoid damage. I'll be keeping it as I'm a sucker for physical extras but I feel like there's gonna be a lot of returns/Ebay sales

Mine arrived today also. I too was a bit confused by the fact that it advertised the French steelbooks on the back but they are the UK steels inside.

Some small things would've made this even better for me, like:
The steels being glossy or having debossed English titles on the front.
Including a lenticular “YOU'RE FIRED!!!”.
Have light up Time Circuits (to match the Flux Capacitor set) or plastic/film cell material for the display screens instead of spot gloss.

Other than that though, I honestly do think this set is fantastic!
Sorry for the bad pic, was in a bit of a rush.
20201207_140642~3.jpg