Last edited:
That's that sorted it does include the items from the 2010 Tin
Keeping my order

Note photo from previous post
This is the premium package trilogy on Amazon France
Its not the trilogy steelbook for €24.99

Flux Box Set Trilogy
EUR 99,90

Back to the Future - Trilogy [Collector Premium)

91WL9kEyu9L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B010VUFKEE/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

Last edited:
Reactions: luke98
That's that sorted it does include the items from the 2010 Tin
Keeping my order

Note photo from previous post
This is the premium package trilogy on Amazon France
Its not the trilogy steelbook for €24.99

Flux Box Set Trilogy
EUR 99,90

Back to the Future - Trilogy [Collector Premium)

View attachment 178096

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B010VUFKEE/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
Thanks paul, hadn't seen this amazon france update till now:thumbs: looks like this one will be the order I'll be keeping. I do hope though, that the amazon uk and zavvi uk flux edition turn out to have the same content but with English titles. I missed out on the tin so I'm really looking forward to this edition and the uk book release we were talking about before;) most expensive month ever:greedy: but there will only be one 2015 so it's all worth it:oohyeah::joy:

Might have to keep the zavvi trilogy steelbook order, and swap out the french one from the flux:naughty:

Looking at the front artwork of the Steelbook, there is clearly shown a grey border around it. Something which isn't on the UK Steelbook.

91WL9kEyu9L._SL1500_.jpg

I suspect that given the decision to go with the French title of "Retour vers le Futur", Universal France has opted for a Stickerbook!

I had hoped that Stickerbooks had become extinct but given the recent example of "Blackhat", also released by Universal France but as a Stickerbook, with the title of "Hacker", they appear to have made a comeback.

I hope that I am wrong, but it looks very much the case that Universal France has decided to turn the clock back, and use Stickerbooks for those films released with a French title.

Wow. A fail of epic proportions. Jumbo stickerbook with French title, and the horrid art with the 'dancing chickens' for fire trails! Where else could they have failed? Is there a big-ass hinge on the spine keeping it together?!!:LOL:
The only cool stuff in this package already came with the earlier tin years ago...

Wow. A fail of epic proportions. Jumbo stickerbook with French title, and the horrid art with the 'dancing chickens' for fire trails! Where else could they have failed? Is there a big-ass hinge on the spine keeping it together?!!:LOL:
The only cool stuff in this package already came with the earlier tin years ago...
Won't be a jumbo as it will only have 4 discs
Jumbo only happens when it's 5 or more discs

The premium set is Steelbook or sticker book has 4 Discs and a separate digipack for the dvd's 3 discs
The Flux Box is the same one that's with all releases world wide they all have hinges on the flux box

Won't be a jumbo as it will only have 4 discs
Jumbo only happens when it's 5 or more discs

The premium set is Steelbook or sticker book has 4 Discs and a separate digipack for the dvd's 3 discs
The Flux Box is the same one that's with all releases world wide they all have hinges on the flux box
That picture looks like a Jumbo steel to me.

Thanks for the tag @luke98 :notworthy::thumbs: (I didn't see the tag till now)

The more I think about this release the more i'm disappointed by the lack of English title.. I might just go for the amazon Canada version (cheapest so far) and buy the number plate and lenti family photo from ebay) I'm glad these releases aren't out till October so there is plenty of time to decide whats best to get.

Do any french members here prefer the title translated on their steelbook's?
Personally I like a film to have the correct title from the country that made the film, like if zavvi were to release a french film, I would prefer the original french title on the steelbook and put the translated title on the j card.. and the same with this bttf release, English title of the American made film with a card around the flux capacitor with the french translation.

@augustus :thumbs: .. if that is a sticker book then that would possibly sway me to cancel and get the added extras elsewhere or save up for the tin that was released before:greedy:

@augustus :thumbs: .. if that is a sticker book then that would possibly sway me to cancel and get the added extras elsewhere or save up for the tin that was released before:greedy:

Unfortunately, to my eyes, it's clearly a Stickerbook that's shown in the image.

I'd have previously thought that a Stickerbook release in 2015, from one of the major studios, would be highly improbable, but given the recent release of "Blackhat" from Universal France, that is clearly not the case.

Also, as recently as 2012, Universal Spain released the "Back to the Future", "Jurassic Park" and "The Mummy" trilogies as Stickerbooks, with their titles translated into Spanish.

I would guess that, for Universal, it's the cheaper option when considering a limited local Steelbook release, where the title is going to be translated into the local language.

There's still two months to go, however, so there's always the possibility that the image is incorrect and that a proper Steelbook will be released. In the meantime, caveat emptor.

PS I agree with you regarding the translation of a film's title into other languages for release in different countries . As coincidence would have it, only a few days ago, there was a very interesting discourse on this very subject, in the thread for the German Steelbook release of "The Babadook".

Unfortunately, to my eyes, it's clearly a Stickerbook that's shown in the image.

I'd have previously thought that a Stickerbook release in 2015, from one of the major studios, would be highly improbable, but given the recent release of "Blackhat" from Universal France, that is clearly not the case.

Also, as recently as 2012, Universal Spain released the "Back to the Future", "Jurassic Park" and "The Mummy" trilogies as Stickerbooks, with their titles translated into Spanish.

I would guess that, for Universal, it's the cheaper option when considering a limited local Steelbook release, where the title is going to be translated into the local language.

There's still two months to go, however, so there's always the possibility that the image is incorrect and that a proper Steelbook will be released. In the meantime, caveat emptor.

PS I agree with you regarding the translation of a film's title into other languages for release in different countries . As coincidence would have it, only a few days ago, there was a very interesting discourse on this very subject, in the thread for the German Steelbook release of "The Babadook".

I noticed the edges straight away but didn't even consider a possible sticker book, now you've said it, I think you are right. Between now and release I think I might try to pick up the older tin boxset and cancel this one. I've always wanted that tin any way so this is a good reason to go after it, and as the uk flux capacitor hasn't got the extras I'll probably cancel my zavvi and amazon uk orders.. I'll wait till nearer the release date just in case though. I'm thinking that I'll get the amazon Canadian flux, amazon uk book, the zavvi individual Steelbooks and I have put my name down for the target trilogy GB.. so if I can get my hands on the tin I'm all sorted:) is a real shame about this sticker book and the translated title though. Thanks for the heads up:notworthy::thumbs: and they are releasing the picture disc vinyl bttf soundtrack again too so I might get that as well:)

I haven't read the babadook thread, I'll check it out:thumbs:

Reactions: augustus
Man this French artwork and even worst a sticker book is a big fail. I have 3 of this ordered (FR/US/CA) + Zavvi steelbook. I was hoping for the French edition to have the best of both worlds (gift set + steelbook). I will end up having to keep CA + Zavvi

@snooloui, you should have said something, that would have been an informative post ;), but as you updated in the OP:

Not a stickerbook, guys. :)

Capture d’écran 2015-08-04 à 02.17.29.png

It costs less than half the price of the Zavvi exclusive (€25 vs. €58), and there's no reason why it wouldn't have the exact same discs (Universal).

It's safe to asume that's the same steelbook in the Flux Capacitor edition and in that other edition.

But it features the title "Retour vers le futur".

Of course it's not going to please some international customers, but as a Frenchman often opposed to translating titles, that is one French title I am absolutely fine with :).

It's just cult, it's an iconic title, much like another one that pisses off non French-speakers, Les dents de la mer (AKA Jaws - the exact translation Mâchoires would really have not been a cool title, @augustus, it just doesn't sound good. I'm all for a bit of creative leeway when it seems necessary, and The Teeth of the Sea still infuses some sort of mystery (as does Jaws), it's not like they picked "Requin!" (Shark!)).

Last edited:
@Bunk I'm glad that it's now going to be a proper Steelbook, though it's still a little baffling as to why the original image showed a Stickerbook.

For this particular release, I don't have a problem with the French title, "Retour vers le Futur". As for "Les Dents de la Mer" instead of "Jaws". I think that's one on which we'll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: chunk and luke98
@Bunk I'm glad that it's now going to be a proper Steelbook, though it's still a little baffling as to why the original image showed a Stickerbook.

For this particular release, I don't have a problem with the French title, "Retour vers le Futur". As for "Les Dents de la Mer" instead of "Jaws". I think that's one on which we'll have to agree to disagree.
the Blackhat mockup showed it as a steelbook then look what happened to that :dunno:

Reactions: augustus

Reason is that image was for the premium package trilogy and I did mention in a previous post #41 that its not the trilogy steelbook