Backing Card/J-Card Suggestions/Chat

Jun 19, 2012
Ontario Canada
I have no idea what I am supposed to do with some of my blu ray packaging.
I mean those steelbook sized card backings that fold over the top of the case.
They are too big to go inside the case (unless you fold them)...Any suggestions folks?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 590
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jbsolo
For me unless its a really rare steel I end up tossing the J card. I know this is a no no to some but for me its just not worth the hassle to keep it.

Thick J Cards I leave on but remove the glue blobs and poly bag along with the steel.

The info sheet type usually get lightly folded and put inside.

The slips that go over the Fox wave from Play I somehow manage to get them to slide into a poly bag along with the steel, and when I go to watch a movie the steel slides right out of them and conveniently leaves the slip inside the bag :)

Hi, does anyone have the J cards of Ratatouille, The Incredibles and Into the Woods steelbooks that doesn't want anymore or would like to sell for a reasonable price?
Thanks in advance

Hi everyone

I'm new to hidefninja, and have joined the Blu-ray party rather late. I only started buying Blu-ray discs and investing in equipment to play them on in 2015.

Over the last few months I've acquired quite a large number of steelbooks. I always liked that packaging style for DVDs so have now started getting into acquiring them (including a whole bunch of titles I missed on release over the last few years).

What do those of you who collect steelbooks do with the J-card? I buy my discs to play them so in time the shrink-wrap will come off those I haven't got to yet, but so far I've kept all the J-cards. I'd imagine some of you discard them, others keep them. I've noticed some J-cars are just thin paper (Wolf of Wall Streek UK steelbook for example) and some (the Zavvi Mission Impossible Rogue Nation for example) are virtually impossible to remove from the front of the steelbook itself - in order to open it - without majorly creasing the thing!

I'll start putting my steels into some protective covers in due course....and I'll probably keep the J-cards in there with them, even if removed from the steelbook (some are not glued to the backs I've noticed so are easy to separate from the steel itself). I used to do this with the OBI sash that comes with Japanese import vinyl and CDs. Discarding the OBI sash altogether was always a no-no as it impacted on the resale value of the LP/CD.

Don't know if that applies to steelbook J-cards but just curious to know what others do with them...

If there's no inside artwork, I'll take a j-card, cut it so it's just the back part, and put that inside the steelbook under the plastic.

• Informative
Reactions: kipper15
Welcome to HDN :happy:

When I open a Steel, which I open now most of my steels or FullSlip Packages, the J-Card that comes with it I do keep it with its Steel. It is a part of the Artwork most of them are not just flimsy paper j-card but made out a bit sturdier but no matter how they come once I have removed them to look at my steels, I put it back on the steel and put it on my shelf, it adds some protection also from the steel or Amaray that will be resting against it on my shelf...as I mix my steels with Amaray Slipcovers and do not used protective bags...

I put my Fullslips separately. I only Mix just ''plain steels'' with amaray blu-ray slipcovers.

• Informative
Reactions: kipper15