Backing Card/J-Card Suggestions/Chat

Jun 19, 2012
Ontario Canada
I have no idea what I am supposed to do with some of my blu ray packaging.
I mean those steelbook sized card backings that fold over the top of the case.
They are too big to go inside the case (unless you fold them)...Any suggestions folks?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 587
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jbsolo
If anybody wants mine I will be glad to start saving them, and they can have them.

hi guys, I like the j-cards...please send my way if you're not using them....espcially older ones...sometimes i find used steels but no j-cards! i do read them! :D

I put mine in their own polybag, 2 to a bag. Then they go in a file.

These cards are important, I mean, how else would I tell the difference between the 4 versions of the same BB/TDK jumbo I have ;)

I did start a thread before where we can offer these j-cards to ninjas who need them...instead of selling them...

I now poly bag my steels with data card included. Few years ago I was selling my data cards on ebay like zombieland and star trek. I wondered why I was getting so much money for just a data card then realized how collectible some of these cards are and how much they can increase the sale if you ever part with your steelbook.

Reactions: WKRP and jbsolo
Am I the only one who manages to fit them inside the poly's? It is sometimes a bit tricky but they fit snuggly inside with the steelcase.

While we are at it, does anyone have any spare for the following as the traders sent them without! :angry:

Thor HMV UK

District 9 HMV

Battle Los Angeles.

Thanks in advance, Mikey

I have no idea what I am supposed to do with some of my blu ray packaging.
I mean those steelbook sized card backings that fold over the top of the case.
They are too big to go inside the case (unless you fold them)...Any suggestions folks?

Get yourself one of these, mate:
http://www.michaels.com/Fiskars®-12-inch-Personal-Paper-Trimmer/sb1554,default,pd.html
Fiskars Paper Cutter. Has to be one of the smaller ones. I find the
chopping style ones' blade's dull way too easy. Then take the cardboard or
paper and evenly slice it until it fits in the inside seam when you open it. :cheers:

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I fold the paper ones and place them inside the steelbook. The card ones, however... I keep them in a plastic tub under my bed with all my pr0n. :D

:D
:Thumbs up:

Futureshop J-Cards

Hello Folks,

I'm looking for the following Futureshop J-Cards :

a) Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides

b) Cars 2

c) Finding Nemo

will pay for mint, unfolded ones LOL
please pm me if you have any ;)

The cutters, folders, pitchers ... arrgh.

Early on I bought a few steels used and they did not have the j-cards. No more. I just won't buy them. One ebay seller confirmed the j-card and then sent it cut (it got cut between the auction picture and the delivery!) If there is a sticker that complements the steel, then I will only buy it new because people always throw them out. Some of these buggers pitch everything and want top dollar. That's just nervy.

I use the hard plastic sleeves and there is room front and back to fit the j-card nicely around the steel. If I open it and there are stickers, then I put them inside the case. I will never have a need to sell them but I like them anyway. I would feel a hole in my collection if I threw them out. There are mini-holes from the few that I picked up without j-cards.

I'm getting away from being a minty-mint guy, if the price is right, but if you throw something out, I'm not interested.

i preserve the j-card in a stamp album. i cut the miniature sheet album into 2 halves.so i can keep 4 j-cards in each sheet.i have a strong ocd for the j-card and it is my part of the collection with stamps.i look them lik a album with pics when i hav free time or bored.

Reactions: WKRP
Very interesting thread. I keep everything. Backers, slipcovers and all labels. If the labels are on the cellophane, I remove them carefully and store them inside the case. Then I polybag them. Some slipcovers don't fit in the polybag, so I store them separately. In my opinion, the labels, backers and slip covers can dictate the future value of a used steelbook. I wouldn't buy a used copy without them.

Sent Via BatMail

I trim most of them so they fit inside the steelbook. While some, I leave them there inside the poly bags.

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

Help for a steelbook J-card

I haven't seen a thread about this and I hope I dont get in any sort of trouble for it but I really need help to get the sleeping beauty J-card for that steelbook. I bought one open mint but without the J-card. If anyone can email one id really appreciate it if anyone has a copy thats opened. :) .

Ill return the favour if anyone wants a J-card printout of a title as long as I have it opened.