Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Hi HDN members,

As some of you are aware, @Geek Tragedy has taken money for something that he has not delivered to many members (Big Hero 6 cards). We have given him plenty of time to come forward, explain what exactly happened and either deliver the goods promised or give the cash back and none of that has happened.

At one point, he replied to @Wreck something along the lines of "people should be patient and at ease that they would get them and that life had thrown him bad times etc...". That was back in January.

We do empathise with whatever personal tragedy one has gone through and understand that matters sometimes need time but: he has since - as some of you have noticed - taken part in a couple of group buys and the promised cards are yet to be sent.

I haven't been involved in this matter until only last Friday and along with staff, we have decided that it was time to do something about it (I have personally emailed and PM'd GT a couple of times to no avail):

1- @Wreck has generously offered to host a giveaway for those participants. Those members who have paid GT $2-$3 each, that amount will get you a ticket into the giveaway. If you've paid/bought from GT more than one, then you will get 2-3-4 tickets accordingly.

More details about the giveaway will be revealed soon. Quoting Wreck: "We've got a few steels we can part with including some extra Tenebrae Art Cards".

2- We need a list of those members affected. For that purpose, we need to verify who paid GT. To prove you're one of the affected members, please send by PM a screenshot of the PayPal transaction to @Mickle_89 and I, and Mickle_89 will be compiling a list of the said members to be used for the giveaway.

3- GT will be temporarily banned from the forums as a first step, starting this coming Friday for a month (to give him enough time to reconsider). Further serious action will be taken against his account should he continue to ignore this matter.

4- If GT comes through eventually, this thread will be taken down.

General reminder when dealing with someone you do not know: ALWAYS pay with PayPal Goods - NEVER send the funds as a bank transfer or PayPal Gift.

@apsmith21 @mllNY @digitalbabe

As one of the few people that did actually receive a card, I hate that it has to come to this for the rest of you. But I know people have been trying for months to reach him for some sort of explanation or anything at all.

I honestly feel like @Geek Tragedy had every intention of following through, but the amount of coordination that goes into mailing out to that many people can be overwhelming. I know you Group Buy hosts do it all the time, but you can attest to the headache of keeping everything organized and on track. And someone who isn't used to doing GBs could be completely flustered by all that.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, though he could've come back and just said it's overwhelming and then offer refunds.

I look at it like this .... its life and in the immortal words of forrest gump, shitHAPPENS.

So I hope that GT still comes through for all those that sent him the $2 or whatever and still makes due. I really do.

But for the inconvenience people have had having to wait we're offering this give-away. Hopefully it lessens the sting and as a community we also bring light to what is going on and hopefully if GT is either being lazy or procrastinating :p then this gives him the friendly kick in the arse to finish out his commitment. Or he can welcomely go back in his paypal and start refunding folks.

Thanks for trying to clarify the situation @Apollon and thank you for your generous offer @Wreck :thumbs:

I've also sent shipping plus a little extra and it is still okay to me sending it with family & friends. It's not about loosing a couple dollars.
My problem is his behavior in this case and that he is often online but don't care about messages, tags and everything.
He could've at least lie and say "Okay everything burned in a fire" or "My dog eat it and now I don't got the funds for new ones anymore."
At least something but not undercover waiting that everyone forgets about it.

I'll not participate in this GB. That's the same like when Karel offered me a refund from his own money for something FA should've paid for.
It's very generous but not what I want so I refuse. I'll wait that @Geek Tragedy sweeps his own dirt or he is gone forever.

Can someone point me in the right direction. I go to start a new conversation but there is nowhere to attach my paypal screenshot like their is theUpload a File when replying to these types of threads.

Not that it makes one jot of difference to this @Apollon - but isn't it the case that GT has signed up for the GBs you mentioned, but actually missed paying for them?

I seem to remember that is what happened.

Indeed, makes no difference whatsoever. Anyway, the host left him a positive feedback which leads one to assume he fulfilled his end of the deal. Sought confirmation the other day.

As one of the few people that did actually receive a card, I hate that it has to come to this for the rest of you. But I know people have been trying for months to reach him for some sort of explanation or anything at all.

I honestly feel like @Geek Tragedy had every intention of following through, but the amount of coordination that goes into mailing out to that many people can be overwhelming. I know you Group Buy hosts do it all the time, but you can attest to the headache of keeping everything organized and on track. And someone who isn't used to doing GBs could be completely flustered by all that.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, though he could've come back and just said it's overwhelming and then offer refunds.

I can totally agree with that my mind is blown and it's why I'm off on holiday this weekend but I still did get them all done and kept people up to date with what is going on ;)

Quick update to thank @zesty who has offered to contribute to the giveaway by donating some of his infamous :p slipcovers. Thanks Neil. :thumbs:

@apsmith21 @Wreck @digitalbabe

Ain't I just lovely :drool::rofl::whistle:

Last edited:
Actually I have an idea if @dfoles or anyone can help me out and let me know exactly what is was you were getting pics size etc, and as long as it isn't millions of them, maybe instead of offering slips I just do them and get them sent off to hubs? Just a thought and by no means definite as yet ;)

What do you think @Apollon @Wreck ?

I'll gladly help. I'll shoot you a PM shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.