Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: October 23, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99

Screenshot_20230825_231856_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230825_231947_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20230825_231910_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Dear, Oh Dear, I had 2 pre-ordered from Zavvi (christmas gifts, honestly..), and zavvi as you know have had these shipped early, I received mine today, and oh god, what a disaster. It looks like there may be a manufacturing error with these, or at least mine. Both have horrid dirty black lines or streaks going vertically along the front AND read of the steelbook, in different places. I've added some pics of the issues.

I'd check your copies carefully.

These are pretty easy to see, but in strong light, become harder to spot.....

P1670589.JPGP1670590.JPGP1670592.JPGP1670593.JPGP1670595.JPGP1670596.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Ranavalone
Oh Dear, Oh Dear, I had 2 pre-ordered from Zavvi (christmas gifts, honestly..), and zavvi as you know have had these shipped early, I received mine today, and oh god, what a disaster. It looks like there may be a manufacturing error with these, or at least mine. Both have horrid dirty black lines or streaks going vertically along the front AND read of the steelbook, in different places. I've added some pics of the issues.

I'd check your copies carefully.

These are pretty easy to see, but in strong light, become harder to spot.....

View attachment 565275View attachment 565276View attachment 565277View attachment 565278View attachment 565279View attachment 565280
Wheres quality control, mine has the same lines in same place.

Oh damn. That's bad. Copies of elemental were similar I noticed, however nowhere near as bad.
Thx for post on that, you are right, i never noticed, it has the same lines, Elemental from HMV, Barbie from Zavvi...so whoever is being used to print them is making a mess.
Can't get a replacement from retailer all will be like it i guess?
Would they issue replacements empty cases like they did with Star Wars?

Thx for post on that, you are right, i never noticed, it has the same lines, Elemental from HMV, Barbie from Zavvi...so whoever is being used to print them is making a mess.
Can't get a replacement from retailer all will be like it i guess?
Would they issue replacements empty cases like they did with Star Wars?
Scanavo print all steelbooks bud, nomatter the end retailer. It's their trademarked product lol so it'll be down to them.

yeh i thought so, no point trying to get a replacement from retailer, would Scanavo issue empty replacements for these?
I think that would be up to the distributor, but don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with empire. People bitched at zavvi, then disney gave the greenlight to reprint. Think you'll have to go through the retailer either way, but it will be harder this time though as neither are exclusive to 1 retailer.

I think that would be up to the distributor, but don't quote me on that. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with empire. People bitched at zavvi, then disney gave the greenlight to reprint. Think you'll have to go through the retailer either way, but it will be harder this time though as neither are exclusive to 1 retailer.
yeh i got replacements for empire, guess will see what others say when they get them from Amazon etc.

That’s ridiculous! It’s like they don’t print a sample and really scrutinise it. Like when you get a stubborn blocked nozzle on your printer. Why can’t they just check? It’s not like they are cheap.

yeh i got replacements for empire, guess will see what others say when they get them from Amazon etc.
Empire was a big deal, and it being a Zavvi exclusive made it more easily to concentrate all complaints to Zavvi and make it loud enough for the studio/distributor to take notice and actually order a re-print. I wonder if it can be done with a wider release carried by multiple retailers…

Reactions: samdavies
Another site is reporting Best Buy U.S steelbooks have been having problems lately as well. Scratches running across them on multiple titles.

Prey is one of them but I can't think of the other titles at the moment.

Empire was a big deal, and it being a Zavvi exclusive made it more easily to concentrate all complaints to Zavvi and make it loud enough for the studio/distributor to take notice and actually order a re-print. I wonder if it can be done with a wider release carried by multiple retailers…
That was my exact thought. A reprint is very rare, empire being huge and with all complaints being tunnelled via zavvi made it manageable. Tradewide will be very difficult to get across.

Hahaha, these look like 0.99 cent newspapers, didn't think they were colored the same rolling way...
It's a crappy art steelbook anyway, just get the Samsonite one, even though the handle on its spine does look like a tampon insertion tool...

I just got a despatch email from Amazon and I was like ‘WTF I couldn’t have ordered this’ thankfully I remembered that I ordered this one for my sister, going straight to her house so I don’t have to see it :cigar:

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray