4K UHD Batman 1-4 on 4K

@tridon @Noodles when the art first came out for Wonder Woman , MOS like this everyone hated it .... and then I saw it in stores!!! Must own holofoil goodness. I'll post pic soon.

Those do look great. If this follows those will the holofoil, I'll likely like them more than I do know. That said, it's still stupid that Robin isn't on the Batman & Robin cover. :p

Superman: The Movie is already available on 4K but not in a SteelBook.

O ya the funny thing is I actually have Superman the movie on 4K. I would really like to pick up the OG superhero franchise on Steelbook how amazing would a Superman 2 steelbook look. One day.......one day

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
O ya the funny thing is I actually have Superman the movie on 4K. I would really like to pick up the OG superhero franchise on Steelbook how amazing would a Superman 2 steelbook look. One day.......one day

Superman II was my favourite movie at the time. I saw it an even 20 times in the theatre. I really want a SteelBook for it using the poster art.

20 times?! I've never even seen a movie twice at the cinema lol.

Yeah I was 11 at the time when this came out on June 19, 1981 and I had a paper route so I had money to keep seeing it over and over. Sometimes on a Saturday or Sunday I would just stay at the theatre and watch it 2 or 3 times but only pay for it once.
I would wait in the washroom between shows. I actually memorized every line in the movie at the time. I made a bet with some other kids that I could say the lines and I proved it for about 10 minutes until they finally told me to shut up.:LOL: The best viewings were the times I got to see it in 70 mm. Back in those days there were a lot less movies and a lot less screens and successful movies could play for 6 months to a year.

There were 4 screens at the theatre that I usually went to. Because I kept seeing Superman II I didn't see the 3 other movies that were playing there at the same time. All 3 were released the previous week.

Clash Of The Titans June 12, 1981
Raiders Of The Lost Ark June 12, 1981
History Of The World: Part I June 12, 1981

I finally got to see Raiders in the theatre in 1982 when it was re-released. It wasn't on video yet and my family didn't have a VCR yet anyway.

Then 1985 came and I saw Back To The Future and now Superman II is my second favourite movie.

Ah the memories! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah I was 11 at the time when this came out on June 19, 1981 and I had a paper route so I had money to keep seeing it over and over. Sometimes on a Saturday or Sunday I would just stay at the theatre and watch it 2 or 3 times but only pay for it once.
I would wait in the washroom between shows. I actually memorized every line in the movie at the time. I made a bet with some other kids that I could say the lines and I proved it for about 10 minutes until they finally told me to shut up.:LOL: The best viewings were the times I got to see it in 70 mm. Back in those days there were a lot less movies and a lot less screens and successful movies could play for 6 months to a year.

There were 4 screens at the theatre that I usually went to. Because I kept seeing Superman II I didn't see the 3 other movies that were playing there at the same time. All 3 were released the previous week.

Clash Of The Titans June 12, 1981
Raiders Of The Lost Ark June 12, 1981
History Of The World: Part I June 12, 1981

I finally got to see Raiders in the theatre in 1982 when it was re-released. It wasn't on video yet and my family didn't have a VCR yet anyway.

Then 1985 came and I saw Back To The Future and now Superman II is my second favourite movie.

Ah the memories! :)
Wow, that's awesome man! :OMG:

The only time I got to go to the cinema at that age was if my parents took me lol. Not only that, but most of the time I was only able to see films once they eventually aired on television... I vividly remember seeing Superman on TV for the first time and thinking how great it was -- and it still is to this day, of course. :D

Thanks for sharing your story mate. I love reading stuff like that! Kinda funny knowing you missed 3 other classic films because you were so obsessed with Superman II. :LOL:

Wow, that's awesome man! :OMG:

The only time I got to go to the cinema at that age was if my parents took me lol. Not only that, but most of the time I was only able to see films once they eventually aired on television... I vividly remember seeing Superman on TV for the first time and thinking how great it was -- and it still is to this day, of course. :D

Thanks for sharing your story mate. I love reading stuff like that! Kinda funny knowing you missed 3 other classic films because you were so obsessed with Superman II. :LOL:

Thanks for taking the time to read it! Yeah all my friends were talking about the other 3 movies but I just couldn't stop going to Superman II. You're right I was obsessed with it. I finally saw the other 2 movies years later on video.

I had to double check on IMDB to make sure all 4 of those movies were actually playing at the same time and that I wasn't remembering wrong. I didn't realize that 3 of them came out on the same day and that Superman II came out the following week.
The theatre marquee is still burned into my brain.

1. Raiders Of The Lost Ark 2. Superman II
3. Clash Of The Titans 4. History OF The World: Part 1

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
yall sound like me with Robin Hood (costner) but it was the VHS ... I had the whole thing memorized and for real for real saw it over 75 times on vhs. I used to count ... I finally stopped after 75. No clue what its up to now but I wonder if i hit 100. I'd reckon im for sure close to 90 if not 100

yall sound like me with Robin Hood (costner) but it was the VHS ... I had the whole thing memorized and for real for real saw it over 75 times on vhs. I used to count ... I finally stopped after 75. No clue what its up to now but I wonder if i hit 100. I'd reckon im for sure close to 90 if not 100
Mine was Space Jam lol. I remember spending an entire weekend watching the VHS on repeat when I was a kid... I'd finish watching it, rewind, and watch again, for 2 whole days haha. I just found it so much fun, and MJ was my hero back then! I rewatched it again not too long ago for the first time in years, and I can still recite the entire movie lol.

• Thanks
Anyword on if we will be getting Steelbooks to accompany these 4K releases? ...
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/batman...est-buy/6346959.p?skuId=6346959&intl=nosplash

... I would love for WB to also release the Christopher Reeve films on 4K
Not much consolation but one option would be to buy the 4K disc for the original Chris Reeve film and pop it in the Zavvi exclusive jumbo steelbook (limited to 1,000) if you were smart enough to pick it up at the time (October 2016) for around 20 quid and replace films II - V films if and when they are released in 4K:-
1554924057196.png
1554924093223.png