Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
images

51t1nwRzTwL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Region Free
Still available off of amazon.de

Batman Begins discards the previous four films in the series and recasts the Caped Crusader as a fearsome avenging angel. That's good news, because the series, which had gotten off to a rousing start under Tim Burton, had gradually dissolved into self-parody by 1997's Batman & Robin. As the title implies, Batman Begins tells the story anew, when Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) flees Western civilization following the murder of his parents. He is taken in by a mysterious instructor named Ducard (Liam Neeson in another mentor role) and urged to become a ninja in the League of Shadows, but he instead returns to his native Gotham City resolved to end the mob rule that is strangling it. But are there forces even more sinister at hand? -Amazon.com

The Dark Knight arrives with tremendous hype (best superhero movie ever? posthumous Oscar for Heath Ledger?), and incredibly, it lives up to all of it. But calling it the best superhero movie ever seems like faint praise, since part of what makes the movie great--in addition to pitch-perfect casting, outstanding writing, and a compelling vision--is that it bypasses the normal fantasy element of the superhero genre and makes it all terrifyingly real. Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) is Gotham City's new district attorney, charged with cleaning up the crime rings that have paralyzed the city. He enters an uneasy alliance with the young police lieutenant, Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman), and Batman (Christian Bale), the caped vigilante who seems to trust only Gordon--and whom only Gordon seems to trust. They make progress until a psychotic and deadly new player enters the game: the Joker (Heath Ledger), who offers the crime bosses a solution--kill the Batman. Further complicating matters is that Dent is now dating Rachel Dawes (Maggie Gyllenhaal, after Katie Holmes turned down the chance to reprise her role), the longtime love of Batman's alter ego, Bruce Wayne. -Amazon.com

Last edited by a moderator:
there is still one sitting in my local Mueller I guess, but well the price is not hot, it is stated for 50€, if you like it I can get it for you.

that is actually a very good price since these are going for 70 and up...

Buffalo Mix - if i was u id grab it :scat:

Very nice looking SteelBook and I am glad I own it. It took me awhile to cave in and get it. Luckily I got it in a trade so it worked for me for a good value as well. I just wish Warner Brothers would've made a release for just Batman Begins. Either way I am happy at least one exists with the double sided SteelBook.

I got this the other day, I'm quite happy with it. It's definitely too bad Batman Begins didn't get a proper release on it's own, but atleast now I've got both the Nolan Batmans on blu ray steelbook and hopefully add the third once thats out.

I used to have this but sold it cause I hated the slip (couldnt see the artwork) and only kept steels sealed back then. Now, I wish I had it and just opened it.

I've held off buying any Batman steelbook release as I'm waiting for a nice trilogy box set

Can't get hold of one of these steels for some time now, love the double art front and back but slip looks horrible :hilarious:

Yeah I would take opened tbh, even if I found a sealed copy for a bargain would still open just to mug off that slip :)