Batman: The Dark Knight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

DJHilalo

In Memoriam 2009 - 2019
In Memoriam
Apr 21, 2009
UK
Yet another one for you :rolleyes:

Release Date: 14/04/2012
Preorder from: Yesasia (US$47.99); Kimchi ($36.99) & K2DVD ($45.99) ;)

13335939329572014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are buying multiple steelbooks from amazon.jp it all works out the same price a little over £30 - £32 including custom charges. If you are ordering less than 4 steelbooks that is when the shipping will hit you. The yesasia price has already included the shipping in its charges anyway so it isn't free shipping. Your payin around £30 a steelbook but at least you get to order one for same price instead of paying around £40 for a single steelbook from japan and then the custom fees.

It benefited for me, as I ordered a lot of steelbooks from there, it all worked out the same and took about 3 days to ship to me when it was dispatched which is better than waiting 7-14 days from yesasia!

For some it worked out better with Japan, large order, faster tracked delivery.
As for yesasia, single orders better, slow delivery and items not tracked.

You pick which one you want :)

Nice! I plan on buying 2 from Amazon Japan in middle April. The Batman ones. Why from Japan when Korean will be cheaper? Well, because I believe it's more valuable and will be worth more if I were to sell in the future. I'm buying Batman Begins, and Batman Dark Knight. Those will be kept sealed until I receive a second copy of each. The second copy will be opened for my collection :)

wow.... ouch! So much for the Japan steels being exclusive. This is just lame IMO. To top it off it looks like these are two disc versions over the singular Japan ones I think.

The Japan Dark Knight steelbook is 2 disc (see the photos). I don't think any release, steelbook or not, of Batman Begins, is anything other than 1 disc.

Last edited:
I just ordered BB and TDK from Japan. I paid for gift wrap and it came to about $93 shipped to the US. So it doesn't seem that the savings is that great. If Kimchi was free shipping it would be different but its not.

Now I am pissed. :angry:

Shame on you WB. Should have kept this exclusive to Japan. What was the friggin point of spending thousands if it is gonna just be cheaper elsewhere.
Aren't we all chip, I hope they are these Korean releases are somehow inferior to the Japanese wave, doubt it though :rolleyes:

Folks, take a deep breath and clear your mind. Once the dust settles, I am pretty sure the difference is minimal. Only those who want just ONE steelbook per order will benefit the most from the Korean releases. And in that case, yes the Korean etailers and YesAsia would be the best and cheapest way to go. If one is looking to get two or more, the savings is a pretty much a wash like sackexchange said especially to the US. For those where customs fees might be involved, perhaps the Korean etailers is still the safest route for any number of copies.

Just my 2 cents.

If you want more than one, you're better off using a re-shipper to get them from .jp. I got 5 (Inception and Seven to keep, the 2 Batmans to sell, and Blade Runner to either sell or keep depending on how I feel when I see it), and it would have been about £135 (plus 20% plus admin fee) ordering direct. It cost me £124 using the re-shipper, and that's including them checking them for damage, repacking them in extra bubble wrap, and marking the price low enough to avoid customs. It takes a bit longer (about 3 weeks from placing the order, instead of about a week direct from amazon), but for the extra packaging and a £40 saving, I think t was worth it. I just hope these Korean versions don't hit the value too hard, I only paid so much because selling the Batmans was going to off set the cost somewhat.

The Japan Dark Knight steelbook is 2 disc (see the photos). I don't think any release, steelbook or not, of Batman Begins, is anything other than 1 disc.

Yup, the Japanese release of Dark Knight comes with 2 discs, and Batman Begins comes with 1, which will be the exact case with the Korean releases as well.

Reactions: apsmith21
If you want more than one, you're better off using a re-shipper to get them from .jp. I got 5 (Inception and Seven to keep, the 2 Batmans to sell, and Blade Runner to either sell or keep depending on how I feel when I see it), and it would have been about £135 (plus 20% plus admin fee) ordering direct. It cost me £124 using the re-shipper, and that's including them checking them for damage, repacking them in extra bubble wrap, and marking the price low enough to avoid customs. It takes a bit longer (about 3 weeks from placing the order, instead of about a week direct from amazon), but for the extra packaging and a £40 saving, I think t was worth it. I just hope these Korean versions don't hit the value too hard, I only paid so much because selling the Batmans was going to off set the cost somewhat.

Which re-shipper did you use Ashcroft?

DV8CAG. I actually just received them all today, the packaging was excellent, i have enough bubble wrap to last me a while now. Actually only took about 2 weeks total as well. I ordered at Amazon on the 27th, they reshipped them to me on the 2nd, and they arrived Tuesday, but I was out.

They use their own amazon affiliate links, so I won't link direct as I know HDN does as well, but you can't miss them on google.

Nice one P, kinda like that card wrap on the Steelbook but otherwise it's identical just as predicted ;)