Batman: The Dark Knight (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

DJHilalo

In Memoriam 2009 - 2019
In Memoriam
Apr 21, 2009
UK
Yet another one for you :rolleyes:

Release Date: 14/04/2012
Preorder from: Yesasia (US$47.99); Kimchi ($36.99) & K2DVD ($45.99) ;)

13335939329572014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oops i put this question in a Korean thread.

thanks. i was worried in case it deletes my other amazon account. i did not need to create a new one for the US so i wasn't sure!

fyi I'm pretty sure these Korean ones were actually stock bought from Japan. Be it a distributor etc. Scanavo Asia was never aware of these Korean releases ... so seems that is why they got the slip to differentiate a bit. In that same light, its quite possible the qty on these is not very high.

Reactions: jimmy and ash333
fyi I'm pretty sure these Korean ones were actually stock bought from Japan. Be it a distributor etc. Scanavo Asia was never aware of these Korean releases ... so seems that is why they got the slip to differentiate a bit. In that same light, its quite possible the qty on these is not very high.

In this context then, it is pretty amazing that kimichidvd.com can sell this at $37 each!

That also explains why The Dark Knight went OOS in Korea before Batman Returns, and vice versa in Japan. Korea must have had more Batman Returns, leaving Japan with less, which is why that went OOS in Japan earlier. Could be that there where equal amounts of both produced.

That also explains why The Dark Knight went OOS in Korea before Batman Returns, and vice versa in Japan. Korea must have had more Batman Returns, leaving Japan with less, which is why that went OOS in Japan earlier. Could be that there where equal amounts of both produced.

Good point! Maybe they distributed them based on which movie they thought was more popular in each country.

Batman begins not batman returns.;)

:oohyeah::oohyeah: Got The Japan Steelbook awhen It Was 2,000 yins now It Coast Almost 300.00 dollars to get sucks for people who didnt catch it in time!!!!!:oohyeah:

If you're referring to Batman Begins, this steel is no longer at that price. Right now as we speak, there is a guy with 7 copies for a BIN price of $125. There are still 3 left for purchase if anyone is still interested in it. I would pick these up myself, but I feel that this particular steel has a little bit of room to fall yet.

Kor or Jp BB, do yo have a link to the auction?

DK is def not at 300 $ ;)

The Korea with slip would be more rare then the Jp ones..

Sorry buddy, I don't distinguish between Korea and Japan, I don't play that game. They both look exactly alike, therefore they are exactly the same to me. The Japanese steels got some kind of weird mojo right now. Just because they're Japanese, they can command a higher price. But not for me they can't. I heard that the Korean version is excess Japanese stock, they just put their own slip on it. But to answer your question, it is the korean version. None of these versions I consider "rare", slip or no slip.

For $125 is tempting. But if I start buying SB's over $100+ i'll go broke real quick. I'm at a point where i'm better off looking ahead as opposed to getting SB's i've missed in the past. Don't get me wrong they're plenty I would like to own but it's just too expensive at this point. Thanks for the info though...

For $125 is tempting. But if I start buying SB's over $100+ i'll go broke real quick. I'm at a point where i'm better off looking ahead as opposed to getting SB's i've missed in the past. Don't get me wrong they're plenty I would like to own but it's just too expensive at this point. Thanks for the info though...

You definitely got to be careful when paying $100+ for any steel. You can lose a whole lot of money if you buy into hype that sometimes happen with some titles. I remember these were bidded up to $500+ when the Dark Knight craze was in full swing. My suggestion is if you're paying that kinda of cash, go for the tried and true. I have many steels well over $100, but mine are all the tried and true variety, and not the hype variety.

Ty studiosteel i found it :cool:

Well that's a really good Ebay price, doubt anyone will find it cheaper. These Korea with slip will always be more expensive then the Jp ones in the collector's world. We will see what happens when they become flooded in the UK if it was true that this was a minibatch from a big batch headed to UK..

Glad i got an order in for both BB and Dark knight at K2dvd love the slips:drool:, shipped yesterday :scat::ohno:

Last edited:

I completely agree with you Alex, but I am the complete opposite. When I started collecting only a few months ago, I started buying all of the "non-rare" steelbooks I could find from Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, HMV, Play.com etc. Any steelbook I liked the look of, or any film that I actually enjoyed watching.

After a while, even though I wasn't spending huge amounts of money on "rare" steelbooks, everything in the end still adds up... So I decided to get rid of / sell / trade (and only keep some I really liked) most of my steelbooks, and replace them with normal amarays.

Now I just focus on getting the "rare" ones, and even though my collection is back to being really small, I think it's just the way I like it. It's kind of fun as well maybe pre-ordering a steelbook once in a while and seeing if the demand for it rises / it becomes rare in the future.

That's just what I decided to do. I even use a different bank account only for steelbooks to regulate how much money I spend on them. Maybe too far for some, but it can get really addicting to keep buying and buying, and as a student, I really can't afford that unfortunately.

Best of luck. If you do decide to get the Batman Begins JP, I can vouch for it and say it's stunning. Looks great with TDK JP side by side :drool:

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Ty studiosteel i found it :cool:

No problem, glad to help.

And sorry for posting an unrelated message on here, back to TDK!

Love it! :oohyeah: :drool:

Last edited: