Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Illustrated Artwork) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 14, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order live on Saturday August 22 - 12PM Red Carpet - 6PM General sale UK time)
Price: £24.99

12668729-2114791455313462.jpg

12668729-2184791455478756.jpg 12668729-2074791455431125.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
With the 4K is it the standard version or the directors cut?

Much prefer the directors cut of this film

Unless released for this Steelbook (unlikely) the theatrical cut hasn't been released on 4K disc. It's only the extended cut that's in 4K. Im actually the opposite and prefer the theatrical cut and really hope it does get a 4K disc release one day

EDIT: reading that back I sound like @paulboland :LOL::rofl:

Unless released for this Steelbook (unlikely) the theatrical cut hasn't been released on 4K disc. It's only the extended cut that's in 4K. Im actually the opposite and prefer the theatrical cut and really hope it does get a 4K disc release one day

EDIT: reading that back I sound like @paulboland :LOL::rofl:

Oh interesting and good to know. Surprised it’s the directors cut that’s in 4K though. Would of thought it would be the normal cut. Good to hear

Really? The standard cut has moments that just don’t make sense unless you see the directors cut. Always found that odd. Would of thought most preferred the dc over the normal. Plus the batman warehouse fight is longer and more savage (one of the best scenes)

Oh interesting and good to know. Surprised it’s the directors cut that’s in 4K though. Would of thought it would be the normal cut. Good to hear

Really? The standard cut has moments that just don’t make sense unless you see the directors cut. Always found that odd. Would of thought most preferred the dc over the normal. Plus the batman warehouse fight is longer and more savage (one of the best scenes)

That's never really bothered me, the extended cut always felt a little like spoon feeding the story having seen it after the theatrical cut

I always have a tough time watching directors cuts after seeing theatrical ones though. LOTR is the same, prefer the theatrical cuts of them to the Extended as well, find myself spending more time working out which scenes are new rather than just watching the film :facepalm:

Reactions: Flloydo
That's never really bothered me, the extended cut always felt a little like spoon feeding the story having seen it after the theatrical cut

I always have a tough time watching directors cuts after seeing theatrical ones though. LOTR is the same, prefer the theatrical cuts of them to the Extended as well, find myself spending more time working out which scenes are new rather than just watching the film :facepalm:

I get what you mean but in this case I didn’t find it spoon feeding. There’s literally one scene that makes zero sense unless you see the DC. especially more if you don’t know superman lore

In most cases I prefer directors cut (best example for me where the standard version is better are the Alien/ Aliens films - one of them has a couple of cuts but I think it’s the normal version that’s better - can’t really think this morning) but I get what you mean.
Lol Yep, I do that sometimes, can be annoying.

however, I only watched the lord of the rings extended cuts for the first time at the start of lockdown and I loved them even more. But where I’ve seen those films countless times I knew exactly what was new. It was a refreshing experience and shocked I’d never seen them before (well not entirely true - I had seen the extended fellowship)

Last edited:
I didn't see this at the theater. Everybody was saying that the director's cut was better so I have only watched that version.
I've still only seen it once. I'm sure the next time I watch it I will still watch the director's cut again.

Reactions: willbar84
September 14th again? Are they planning on releasing all of these on the same date?

I hope not. Hopefully no more than 2 at a time.
I think it's the same date for all on FNAC, which I have now cancelled, but they could very well be all the same date here too.
2 at a time would be preferable but right now I'm more interested in Shazam and BoP.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
With the 4K is it the standard version or the directors cut?

Much prefer the directors cut of this film

Its the standard Version if you prefer the Directors cut just get the blu ray, as much us i love the 4k releases this was always one i avoided because of this.

Its the standard Version if you prefer the Directors cut just get the blu ray, as much us i love the 4k releases this was always one i avoided because of this.

I already own the directors cut but I wanted to know if this 4K version will be the directors cut

one person says yes and the other says no. Who do I believe....?

By the way, I like the place-holder artwork they've put up - very imaginative. No issues with people saying "I wish they had gone with that instead"... Are we sure this is not for The Invisible Man? :rofl:

I already own the directors cut but I wanted to know if this 4K version will be the directors cut

one person says yes and the other says no. Who do I believe....?

Sorry my mistake the 4k is the Directors Cut in the 4k edition just checked, and the blu ray is the standard edition

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo