BBC Steelbook Poll [Concluded]

Would you purchase these in Steelbooks?

• Documentaries (e.g. Nature, History, etc)

Votes: 95 34.4%
  • TV Series (e.g Doctor Who, Red Dwarf etc)

Votes: 142 51.4%
  • TV Drama (e.g Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, etc)

Votes: 176 63.8%
  • TV Comedies (e.g. Wallace & Grommit, Faulty Towers, etc)

Votes: 124 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello all,

We have been asked to provide an opportunity for community feedback for possible BBC Steelbook releases.

This is an unofficial poll not requested by the studio.

Please vote in the poll and feel free to share constructive criticism and title ideas/suggestions for releases in the thread.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, members!

Attachments

• BBC-Logo.jpg
    BBC-Logo.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 168
Mod edit - please refrain from name calling.

User edit - stop suggesting non BBC titles

As to keep things topical id love a full Red Dwarf run. But they won't remaster the original series because of the cost involved. And RDX got a steelbook release which is pretty nice except it's got a written back and it's only dvd. And I wouldn't just want to them to reuse the individual series art. And they're in the process of making a final two series.

Last edited:
Where is the option for 'no thanks', or is it don't vote?

I love Blackadder and various shows but I wouldn't want them as a steelbook.

Where is the option for 'no thanks', or is it don't vote?

I love Blackadder and various shows but I wouldn't want them as a steelbook.
The poll is to gain valuable feedback from folks who "are" interested in BBC titles as a whole-hence there is no "no thanks" option for the poll. Thanks!

It crowd is channel 4. Read.
It was shown on Channel Four yes. However you can buy this & plenty of other TV shows on BBC shop that were not originally shown on the BBC. Maybe the BBC own the marketing rights?

I might be wrong on this example but I'm pretty sure the BBC still own the rights to Red Dwarf even though the new series' are shown on Dave!
Therefore just because it was originally shown somewhere doesn't mean they own, or still own, the rights to sell any merchandise!

Dont think the BBC own the rights to Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit, but that film needs a blu ray release, never mind a steelbook.

Id be much more excited about possible AMC shows like Mad Men, or FX's Sons of Anarchy.
But in the spirit of the thread, my suggestion for a BBC steelbook would be Luther.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
It was shown on Channel Four yes. However you can buy this & plenty of other TV shows on BBC shop that were not originally shown on the BBC. Maybe the BBC own the marketing rights?

I might be wrong on this example but I'm pretty sure the BBC still own the rights to Red Dwarf even though the new series' are shown on Dave!
Therefore just because it was originally shown somewhere doesn't mean they own, or still own, the rights to sell any merchandise!
BBC Shop is not the same thing they sell lots of other releases that's nothing to do with UK BBC TV Series
Red Dwarf Home Media Distribution is 2 entertain limited
2 entertain limited is BBC Home Media

Blu-ray Steelbook Releases would be original UK BBC Series
Home Media Distribution Rights there is lot of BBC Series that has different home media distributors but most are from 2 entertain limited
2 Entertain Video ( 2entertain Ltd is now fully integrated into BBC Worldwide’s Consumer Products division)

Other Distributors of BBC products
Entertainment One
FremantleMedia
Eureka
Acorn Media
Universal Pictures UK

I would say the list of titles for steelbooks will be the ones that 2 entertain limited have the distribution rights to

Last edited:
Dont think the BBC own the rights to Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were Rabbit, but that film needs a blu ray release, never mind a steelbook.

Id be much more excited about possible AMC shows like Mad Men, or FX's Sons of Anarchy.
But in the spirit of the thread, my suggestion for a BBC steelbook would be Luther.
Wallace & Gromit TV Series is BBC
Except Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit Feature Film (Not Part of BBC Series)that USA Dreamworks and UK 20th Century Fox

BBC TV Home Media is from 2entertain
BBC Worldwide’s Consumer Products division.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.