BBC Steelbook Poll [Concluded]

Would you purchase these in Steelbooks?

• Documentaries (e.g. Nature, History, etc)

Votes: 95 34.4%
  • TV Series (e.g Doctor Who, Red Dwarf etc)

Votes: 142 51.4%
  • TV Drama (e.g Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, etc)

Votes: 176 63.8%
  • TV Comedies (e.g. Wallace & Grommit, Faulty Towers, etc)

Votes: 124 44.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hello all,

We have been asked to provide an opportunity for community feedback for possible BBC Steelbook releases.

This is an unofficial poll not requested by the studio.

Please vote in the poll and feel free to share constructive criticism and title ideas/suggestions for releases in the thread.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, members!

Attachments

• BBC-Logo.jpg
    BBC-Logo.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 158
I would go for any TV show that is either completed or in their final season. Because everything else eventually gets cancelled/dropped/etc. And therefore, we will not have a complete collection. And that will bother the hell out of me. :dunno:

I would buy anything to do with David Attenborough!! Sure I would be very poor when I buy all of his nature programmes on steelbook but it would be worth it

Hell yeah!! Bring on Dexter, the wire, sherlock, death note, cowboy bebop, californication, sopranos and lots more :D

Reactions: luke98
The original 3 Wallace & Gromit as a steelbook would be something I'd buy. Documentaries not so much. Their comedy series are only 6 episodes so I wouldn't pay the higher price to upgrade my DVDs (certainly for Red Dwarf as I don't see there to be much more gained in having them in HD).

The new Doctor Who version deserves the Blu-ray steelbook treatment and would sell extraordinarily well, me thinks. :)

Yeah! I don't know how many documentaries there are that I would buy as a steelbook version, but some TV-series are more than welcome! :) I would be more than happy to buy quality series like Luther, Peaky Blinders or Doctor Who.

I would buy red dwarf.. (I don't think they all have a BD release yet)... there's a lot of other tv shows I'd buy, but the ones I can think of aren't on blu ray:)

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
Things like Planet Earth and Frozen Planet deserve a steelbook, but I wouldn't double dip on them.

Comedies however, yes please! Though most of the ones I'd want only have a DVD release, so there's that.

This would be cool,

I've voted them all but not necessarily those examples.

Would love Attenborough although I own a few boxsets on blu Ray like planet earth and life and not sure if I would double dip.
Actually not sure why I chose drama, I don't like or watch anything like Sherlock and can't think of anything decent like that. Last drama I enjoyed was southcliffe but I can't rememeber if it's bbc or not.

I'm a huge fan of partridge, the office, extras, the mighty boosh, faulty towers, (it crowd was ch4), the thick of it, the trip, Wallace and gromit would be cool,

Can't stand Dr who so that would be a no from me

Last edited:
For me
Instant Purchase Steelbook release
No Jumbos if possible

Sherlock Series (Separate Steelbooks)
Doctor Who (Separate Steelbooks)
Faulty Towers

Ripper Street (Separate Steelbooks)
Luther

Wallace & Gromit
The Musketeers
Red Dwarf
Monty Python’s Flying Circus
Life on Mars
The Young Ones
Blackadder
New Tricks
WPC 56
Mrs. Brown's Boys

David Attenborough
Planet Earth
Frozen Planet
The Blue Planet
Galapagos 3D
Micro Monsters
Nature’s Great Events
Any other BBC series with David Attenborough

Blu-ray steelbooks releases of
Only Fools And Horses
It would need a few steelbooks to do it right

Even a normal Blu-ray Box Set would do me
Needs a Blu-ray release as only available on DVD

Last edited:
Reactions: chunk
I do love the idea of series Steelbooks but I'd probably pass for the same reason as most others and also why I'm avoiding the MCU series releases on steelbook, they'll inevitably be incomplete. I'd have no confidence that something as long running and ongoing as Doctor Who would get a steelbook for every series that's made, same for Red Dwarf (I'm not sure if the BBC releases the stuff past VIII either). The only stuff that could tempt me is stuff that is likely complete such as Blackadder.

The 2005-present series of Doctor Who I would definitely get...

...However, they must be regular sized Blu-ray steelbooks (no jumbos), with era specific logos Eccleston/Tennant, Smith, Capaldi (not the McGann logo) and a glossy finish with quality artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.