Price: £24.99
Note: Will include title on the spine and front

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Beauty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
all you'd have is the beautiful artwork.... title doesnt need to be slapped on the spine, front, j-card and discs. one on the box is enough for anyone.

Not all artwork is beautiful . . . as I'm sure you'll agree . . . and where there's space for a title on a steelbook front (without messing with the artwork) it's surely not a bad thing and I'd say that the majority of titles on steelbook fronts look just fine.

Also, there's the different ways in which front titles can be treated - something not possible with spine titles - as in spot-glossed and/or embossed / de-bossed. This is a big plus for collectors and a selling point.
You will notice more often than not that the only part of the steelbook that is 'bossed is the title on the front (lol).

In addition to that front titles can also be treated creatively such as on BRONSON, THE MIST and GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE as just a few examples.

Titles also useful to fill "dead space" in the artwork.

What does bug me however is excessive print on the front - as in cast names etc.

Just a few random recent example of . . .
(a) Steelbooks that would look better without front titles
(b) Steelbooks with creative front titles
(c) Steelbooks that look fine with front titles
(d) Steelbooks that look fine without front titles
(e) Steelbooks with excessive and unnecessary front print

(all just IMO, of course)
II
V
(a)
upload_2017-1-22_11-31-32-png.288011
DSC02210.jpg

(b)
13310349_10208913606737989_7493429432490367226_n-jpg.243065
DSC02143.JPG

(c)

Cool title but excessive print
full

. . . without the "3D"

Like the title treatment . . . would have been better without other print

(d)

(e)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lionet and robbodoc
Does anybody know if this comes with a Digital copy? I've asked Zavvi and they can neither confirm the release date (although Amazon have 17 July) and that it 'may' come with a digital copy.

N.B. Euro / Asia release reportedly SPOT GLOSS unlike the U.S. Best Buy which has a full gloss mirror-like finish. Could still look good and maybe even more elegant and subtle. in spot gloss and will be interesting to compare both editions side-by-side when the time comes.

Special Features
Deleted Scenes
Enchanted Table Read
A Beauty Of A Tale
The Women Behind Beauty And The Beast
Extended Song: "Days In The Sun" With Introduction By Bill Condon
Making A Moment With Celine Dion
"Beauty And The Beast" Music Video By Ariana Grande And John Legend
Making The Music Video: Beauty And The Beast
Disney Song Selection
From Song To Screen: Making The Musical Sequences
- "Belle"
- "Be Our Guest"
- "Gaston"
- "Beauty And The Beast"

Images courtesy spiderfan1985
IMG_1443_zpsgmzbkn47.jpg~original
IMG_1444_zps51pmj6tc.jpg~original
IMG_1445_zpspaf7tmn9.jpg~original

Good artwork both outside and especially inside but without 'bossing it's not going to be as satisfactory as this one from China also using original poster designs:-
II
V

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionet and lgans316
Does anybody know if this comes with a Digital copy? I've asked Zavvi and they can neither confirm the release date (although Amazon have 17 July) and that it 'may' come with a digital copy.

In the UK disney has its own Streaming service for all its movies etc called Disney Life. Im not sure how successful it is, but it wouldnt be very successful if they gave away digital copies for every movie they sell on bluray or dvd.

https://disneylife.com/

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
If same as the Best Buy it's full gloss with no "bossing and a mirror like finish (and most likely a real fingerprint magnet).

Images courtesy spiderfan1985
IMG_1443_zpsgmzbkn47.jpg~original
IMG_1444_zps51pmj6tc.jpg~original
IMG_1445_zpspaf7tmn9.jpg~original

Good artwork both inside and out and glossy it may be but without 'bossing it's not going to be as satisfactory as:-
II
V

Glossy finish is always nice on Disney steelbooks as it makes the colors pop. Now, why would anyone with grimy hands touch their steelbooks? Only a noob would do that thing.

If you have the Labyrinth matte steelbook, you would understand what I mean. It looked dull until I applied gloss on it. Made the steelbook look alive.

^ Agree that many steels can be improved by a gloss varnish but I'd rather see 'bossing of the artwork . . . or the title at least.
Of course good thing about varnish is that gloss coat(s) can always be applied at home whereas 'bossing can't being part of the manufacturing process.

Anyway a few "before and after" pics of steels pinched from another site:-
II
V
BEFORE ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AFTER
Gravity_UK_Before_Glossing_1.JPG
Gravity_UK_Gloss_Sheen_1.JPG

KillBill_UK_Before_Glossing_2.JPG
KillBill_UK_Gloss_Sheen_4.JPG

28Weeks_UK_After_Glossing_1.JPG
28Weeks_UK_Gloss_Sheen_9.JPG

MINC_UK_Before_Glossing_0.JPG
MINC_UK_Sheen_1.JPG

CAPAMER_Zavvi_UK_Before_Glossing_1.JPG
CAPAMER_Zavvi_UK_After_Glossing_4.JPG

WWZ_ES_UK_Before_Glossing_2.JPG
WWZ_ES_UK_Sheen_1.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
attachment.php

Thor_Zavvi_UK_Before_Glossing_1.JPG
Thor_Zavvi_UK_Sheen_1.JPG

2012_UK_Before_Glossing_1.JPG
2012_UK_Sheen_1.JPG